Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pastar View Post
    I love all of these "I told you so" guys that think they are smart....just to smack you in the face with a little reality before you watch blizzcon and find out that The Dark Below was not a fake...

http://wow.joystiq.com/2011/08/31/to...dly-overhyped/

Read the 4th paragraph. Tom Chilton, a big dev at Blizzard, says that Mist of Pandaria was "wildly overhyped." This was about a month after blizz trademarked Mists and everyone was specualting on it being the xpac. They always come out and say that it was a "hoax" or people are just "wildly overhyped." They do this to try and throw people off so there is still some kind of excitement when it is announced at Blizzcon. Take that "i told you so" additude somewhere else ill see you in....

World of Warcraft: The Dark Below
    Very true.

When MoP was leaked, nearly everyone agreed it couldn't be the next WoW expansion. Hell, people thought it would be a phone app. And what did Blizzard do when we asked? Denied it.

After MoP was announced, a lot of users agreed next expansion Blizz would most likely go all out to keep the title hidden. And now, we have a name leaked, that relates to a known major threat in WoW, that Blizzard has gone all out in covering up (Corki's Unleashed), that, as usual, they are denying.

The Dark Below, or something dealing with the same issue, is the next expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mileskg21 View Post
    except that people fail to remember he has been right about 90% of the info since TBC
    this guy is a liar. nothing more.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pastar View Post
    I love all of these "I told you so" guys that think they are smart....just to smack you in the face with a little reality before you watch blizzcon and find out that The Dark Below was not a fake...

http://wow.joystiq.com/2011/08/31/to...dly-overhyped/

Read the 4th paragraph. Tom Chilton, a big dev at Blizzard, says that Mist of Pandaria was "wildly overhyped." This was about a month after blizz trademarked Mists and everyone was specualting on it being the xpac. They always come out and say that it was a "hoax" or people are just "wildly overhyped." They do this to try and throw people off so there is still some kind of excitement when it is announced at Blizzcon. Take that "i told you so" additude somewhere else ill see you in....

World of Warcraft: The Dark Below

They have never made a trademark and then removed it. To do so makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    They have never made a trademark and then removed it. To do so makes no sense.
    if they trademarked it in a different country/region, it wouldn't matter if they removed it. as long as it is trademarked somewhere it can be applied elsewhere later.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't remember anyone saying Lor'themar was going to be Warchief. Not in any great numbers, anyway - plenty of people were hoping for it, but anyone saying he was definitely the next Warchief was largely just speculating.

Nothin' to do with TDB, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    I don't remember anyone saying Lor'themar was going to be Warchief. Not in any great numbers, anyway - plenty of people were hoping for it, but anyone saying he was definitely the next Warchief was largely just speculating.

Nothin' to do with TDB, really.
    There was one guy from 4chan who jumped on the TDB trademark and penned a wall-of-text "leak" which made one offhand reference to "Warchief Lor'themar." Despite this being far from the only thing that made the entire post suspicious, some people wound up believing it.

That post being fake, however, says nothing about TDB's authenticity.

THE point to this thread is that the supposed leaks are FAKE

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    This, and it also generates hype that a game needs to do well in it's first quarter. To have it disappear in a new way is exactly what they need to keep people off their trail now that we've caught on that they have to trademark the name.
    Regardless of the actual name of the next expansion, everyone is in agreement that it's either an underwater theme or a return of many demons. Pick one because it's going to be one or the other next expansion. lol

except that people fail to remember he has been right about 90% of the info since TBC
    Who the fuck is he? If he's right all the damn time where is the god damn proof?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Remember when it was leaked that the Pandaren would be from an island split in half by the Cataclysm? And that the good Pandaren would join the Horde and the evil ones join the Alliance?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    "Leaks" are almost always just fans making stuff up.

GC just mentioned in a tweet that Abyssal Maw wasn't 'shelved' but 'cancelled'. Tells me they still haven't figured out a good way to pull off an underwater zone. That makes me think that The Dark Below, if true, would probably be a Nerubian theme instead of deep sea. Doesn't mean they'll never do it, but probably have the next expansion at least started, so that hints toward it not being Azshara.

Blizzard Entertainment does not own the trademark to 'The Dark Below'.

Nobody owns the trademark to 'The Dark Below'.

'The Dark Below' can not be found on any trademark databases online, and all previous filings have been rescinded.

Except for the fact there is no way to tell if it's the same guy posting every time due to the anonymous nature of 4chan, and the Mists of Pandaria leak that 'he' posted was a total fabrication.

But, yeah, 90%. Sure.

Here's an original thought.

Why don't we all stop caring about this idiotic topic and wait for Blizzcon to come around in less than two months. Why don't we just do that? Why don't we, just once, do the intelligent thing?

Oh, right. Because this is the WoW community, after all.

I should trademark The Dark Below just for a laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    Here's an original thought.

Why don't we all stop caring about this idiotic topic and wait for Blizzcon to come around in less than two months. Why don't we just do that? Why don't we, just once, do the intelligent thing?

Oh, right. Because this is the WoW community, after all.

I should trademark The Dark Below just for a laugh.
    Because speculation is healthy, and drives the hype train into the station. It's not 'unintelligent' for people to want to discuss the possibilities of future expansions. That's ridiculous.

The fact remains, however, that Blizzard does not own the 'The Dark Below' trademark. I'm mostly just dismissing it as a possibility until BlizzCon rolls around. If they do something sneaky with Swaziland, then I'll be impressed, but I'm pretty sure 'The Dark Below' is just a fan-made red herring.

10+ Year Old Account
    *looks around* This thread...I can't... It's so dark... where's the point... I can't see the point anywhere.

My God. *Movie camera zoom in*
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I still say you can't know until BlizzCon. It seems unlikely at this point, but I won't consider it impossible until the next expansion is announced.

Dearest OP,

Please go take a psychology course, where you'll learn what the definition of "hindsight bias" is. Thank you!

Sincerely, the rest of us who facepalmed when we opened this thread.

Well, I think this particular thread fullfilled it's purpose.

Next Expansion is World of Warcraft: WoW

You heard it here first.

[/joking]