Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Guild raided without me (Possible whine-thread)

Hey guys.

While the title might sound way worse than the topic actually is; hear me out.

I've been raiding since the dawn of time.... Or at least since Vanilla. I really play this game to raid and perhaps RP a little bit on the side when I have time and feel like it. So, over the years, I've been the kind of guy that's loyal to the guilds he's in, always show up prepared and is really never late(warning that I might be late has been given of course) And now you might be thinking (Yeah, right.. as you never have) But actually; There has been under 3 times I've been late and such. Unforeseen events happened at the time. Anyways, moving ahead. Sadly, these guilds doesn't last because of various reasons. Most of them being disbanded, being lead wrongly and the likes. Currently, I am in a guild which is very good in progress. It's the kind of guild I could see myself in. However...

Yesterday, they did SoO without me. - Let me stop myself right there. I'm one of their core-raiders, and haven't been late and such for their raids, always showing prepared as written above. Our Raid-days are Thursday, Sunday and Monday. I've been looking for SoO for weeks and months, making sure I was in a good raiding guild with enough "social-rep" that I earned over some months to be one of their regulars (Had just returned from a little break and was guildless) and was dying to join in on the new content on our first raid-day, Thursday. Even having to sit out for other raiders would've been fine as well as I could throw my replacement a whisper now and then to hear how things were going, but... Nope, they went yesterday instead of today.

So, I want to ask you guys; Have you ever had that happened to you? The guildleader patching together a team on the very day of the released cotnent consisting of socials and trials just to get a head-start?(we're not trying down as many and as fast as we can)

I feel a bit robbed of the whole experience and not sure what to do tonight. I have signed for the raid, but... Now I have to read up on 3 entirely new bosses I haven't thought about. Not sure if I will have enough time and will to raid tonight...

Putting things a little bit more on the edge; The reason why I am in the guild I am is because my time is rather limited in the evenings. I have Mondays, Thursdays and Sundays(every 4th week I don't have sunday off) off. Finding this guild was perfect and I wanted to join. But they didnt need my class so I had to re-roll. Realizing how much raiding meant to me, I transferred a character just to be with them. But seeing that I would be willing to transfer, then I am open for possible offers from any EU-guilds that would be interested in taking me in... I'm a priest of your choice(But please not Shadow :<)

So yeah, there you have it. My "Whine" thread. I don't really see it as that much whine, but more like a .. "My guild stabbed me in the back and I am bleeding. Bandaid, anyone?" Haha. Hope to get feedback on this!

Edit: Fixed "timeline" on how long I've been in the guild.
    Last edited by Seiken3; 2013-09-12 at 08:52 AM.

Tell them you're going to wait for next week, then. They have no right to try forcing you (if they do that, I mean) to do bosses that aren't in a fresh raid, when they knowingly raided on an unscheduled day just because they couldn't wait.

Deleted
    that was pretty crappy of them, you should remember though that people are innately selfish animals, their excitement outweighed their empathy in this instance. I'm sure it's not a regular thing, if you hold people to better standards (especially on the internet where they have anonymity) you'll always be disappointed. just try to enjoy the patch, you won't even remember this happened in six months, but you would remember it if it led to a guildquit or some bigger drama.

Quote Originally Posted by JimPaladin View Post
    Tell them you're going to wait for next week, then. They have no right to try forcing you (if they do that, I mean) to do bosses that aren't in a fresh raid, when they knowingly raided on an unscheduled day just because they couldn't wait.
    Definitely this. Unless I was being sat for GOOD reason (granted, I'm in a 25H guild...), I'd tell them to fuck off until it's fresh.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    TLDR: New content gets released, people in my guild were eager to give it a shot and they dared to raid even when i wasnt online.

Im sorry but you come across as quite a touche. Surely the other people in your guild have the right to be excited for new content as well? And you having to read up on new bosses again, what kind of complaint is that in the first place, surely you would of had to do that anyway, sooner or later? Based on your post you come across as quite self-centered and i for one wouldnt want you in my guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    @ OP
    Enough people online for a raid on patchday, and you can't understand that they go raiding?!?!?

Every raider have missed a spontanious raid or two in their time in the game..

Have a cookie and dry your eyes, it's not like the raid is going anywhere the next 8-12 months...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    Woah, I actually got people agreeing with me. Warms me greatly... Heh, putting it in perspective "Having random people on internet agreeing with me makes me feel better" Hehe.

Yeah, it is as you say, JimPaladin, I am really considerating asking to raid next week. Been looking forward for it sooo much that I'm not sure if I would even want to start off the remnants of socials and whatnot on the day we should start "fresh".

@squidbear - You have some very valid points, and it's been my philosophy for quite a while. However, there are several other reasons why I don't really think the guild fits for me. Them rogue-raiding on other days was kinda the "trigger" if you catch me.

In a way it's a regular thing. However, I haven't seen it on this scale before(in this guild), nor in the same way. I don't think I will last in here as it's possible the start of a rolling snowball...(that they will make a chain of events) - So I am opening for the possibility of "While I at least raid, I'm not happy. Opening for the chance of being happy and raiding, but need help" :P

Anyways, thanks for constructive feedback, squidbear!

I don't really see why a core group would raid on an unscheduled day. Sometimes my guild swaps raid nights, or raids earlier one night, but everyone knows the week before. It's not like people randomly get invited and go, that would be weird.

That being said, you're still going to get to raid plenty. And I promise you the first few bosses aren't at all interesting anyway so you didn't miss much.

OP, I wouldn't waste time in this guild, and would start seeking for other. I wouldn't also say anything about intention to change guild to your current guildies. They showed that they don't care about you as guildie/friend but only as a tool. There are many guilds who value loyalty over "asap rush rush to get to new bosses, screw friends, there are new PIXELS!".
    Quote Originally Posted by Shil3n View Post
    TLDR: New content gets released, people in my guild were eager to give it a shot and they dared to raid even when i wasnt online.
    Have you ever waited for present on New Year from your friends, then received it only to find out that it is empty box from chocolate, which was eaten by those who gave you such "present" and who couldn't wait to eat it with you? Sure, there is nothing groundbreaking in that, just an example of foul attitude and treating others as a tools rather than friends.
    Every raider have missed a spontanious raid or two in their time in the game..
    If raids were resetting on daily basis and were very pug-friendly in totally friendly community - there is nothing wrong in "spontaneous" approach. But as it doesn't work this way, especially for New raid content, I'll have to redirect you to example with chocolate above.

Deleted
    There is no "I" in team. Or shouldn't be at least. Something that you seemed to be focused around. However - they should have discussed going early as a team though to prepare everyone for it beforehand so that indicates poor leadership.
    Last edited by mmoc84ca5d4ef2; 2013-09-12 at 08:24 AM.

Self-centered much? No wonder you are constantly switching guilds, no one wants a whiny diva like yourself in their guild. Wish you were in my guild so I could /gkick you.

OP, you weren't on and they decided that they didn't want to wait to raid. It might have been sort of inconsiderate, but you're blowing it a bit out of proportion...it's the beginning of a new raid tier, I'm not surprised that your guild was itching to raid.

Study up on the next few bosses and show up to raid, if they start raiding on off-days without you on a more frequent basis, let them know how you feel, and/or give them a way to get ahold of you irl so they can toss you a raid inv if you happen to be available but not in game.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    @OP

1. Log in 30 min after a scheduled raid.
    2. /GQUIT so everyone on sees it.
    3. Join a flex raid.

This game has stripped away any need to sit or fill out a police report to join a guild.
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Ferocity - The chocolate example was lovely. Pretty much sums up the entire situation in perspective. Given I play to raid, I will be forced to raid with them until I find a hand saying "Come with me, pledge your loyalty to us and we will give you the opportunity join raids of your capacity". But I will also keep my eyes open, so not worrying about that.

@Catharsius - Yeah, they should. However, that's the "member-management" they lack. Surely they might know their stuff doing raids and such, but keeping the guild socially, alt-friendly, heck, even keeping members happy in general, one should be able to have a two-way communication.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiken3 View Post
    So, I want to ask you guys; Have you ever had that happened to you? The guildleader patching together a team on the very day of the released cotnent consisting of socials and trials just to get a head-start?(we're not trying down as many and as fast as we can)
    I've been in a guild that pulled stunts like that, and it eventually collapsed in a seething mess of drama amongst the few people that didn't leave along the way. If I were in your position I'd feel just as gutted and cheated.

If last night's off-schedule raid was planned in advance and extra raids are regularly scheduled for progress then it's a bit of a different situation. But if there was no advance warning and the guild leader just saw nine other people online and spontaneously decided to go, I'd be furious; I'd also be wanting to know why they didn't do a flex raid instead.

yeh i wanted to raid before my official raid as well so I did the first wing of flex.

Deleted
    Tbh you can't blame them for their excitement. It wasn't so nice but it was an act of the moment and if it won't happen again it's ok. If it happens again though you are better off finding a new guild.

Also, if you have just rerolled, have low ilvl (less than 522 or so) and are new to the guild, I doubt I would take you in my raid either if I was the raid leader till we had a few bosses on farm. When I transferred my alt lock which I had no clue on how to play her and I had to reroll to her with 487 ilvl during ToT I really had trouble joining the first raids with my low ilvl, I just couldn't pull enough dps to match up against 508+ ilvl geared ppl. I just had to wait patiently till I obtained enough gear and got some chances to prove myself and then I started raiding much more!

Quote Originally Posted by Seiken3 View Post
    @Ferocity - The chocolate example was lovely. Pretty much sums up the entire situation in perspective. Given I play to raid, I will be forced to raid with them until I find a hand saying "Come with me, pledge your loyalty to us and we will give you the opportunity join raids of your capacity". But I will also keep my eyes open, so not worrying about that.

@Catharsius - Yeah, they should. However, that's the "member-management" they lack. Surely they might know their stuff doing raids and such, but keeping the guild socially, alt-friendly, heck, even keeping members happy in general, one should be able to have a two-way communication.
    I like how you conveniently ignore every post that disagrees with your stance - only replying to those who at least acknowledge you are "right" in this situation.

Why even make this post when you know what to do? You obviously aren't here for opinions on the subject, just trying to find people that agree with you so your conscience doesn't feel bad.

I really hate how you cite all sorts of good stuff about yourself (loyalty, preparedness, etc etc) in the OP, then turn around and show your true side in this thread. They are at fault for raiding without you, but you are a douche for coming to the forums with this garbage for self-esteem instead of talking to your GM about what they did (Yeah, you could actually TALK to them about it and let them know it wasn't cool, that's an actual solution, you know?).

Take this crap out of here. I don't know how you are as a player obviously but I can tell you I agree with some people in this thread - if you were in my guild I wouldn't give two shits about you as a person just from reading this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iskla View Post
    I've been in a guild that pulled stunts like that, and it eventually collapsed in a seething mess of drama amongst the few people that didn't leave along the way. If I were in your position I'd feel just as gutted and cheated.

If last night's off-schedule raid was planned in advance and extra raids are regularly scheduled for progress then it's a bit of a different situation. But if there was no advance warning and the guild leader just saw nine other people online and spontaneously decided to go, I'd be furious; I'd also be wanting to know why they didn't do a flex raid instead.

Indeed. Over my years of raiding, I've seen great guilds rise, and great guilds fall. From 10man noob-wiping to 25-man heroic raiding. I've been in many different roles; Trial, social, alt(lol), member, core raider, veteran, officer, raid leader, guild leader, etc etc.

When I first noticed the signs of unhealthy environment in the guild, I saw their "story" flash before me. I've been in the guild like it before, but had it collapsing around me. Wanting to help, I try to reach out, but with a leader not willing to learn... :/ One can't do much. "A good leader must learn to obey first"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Serenia View Post
    Tbh you can't blame them for their excitement. It wasn't so nice but it was an act of the moment and if it won't happen again it's ok. If it happens again though you are better off finding a new guild.

Also, if you have just rerolled, have low ilvl (less than 522 or so) and are new to the guild, I doubt I would take you in my raid either if I was the raid leader till we had a few bosses on farm. When I transferred my alt lock which I had no clue on how to play her and I had to reroll to her with 487 ilvl during ToT I really had trouble joining the first raids with my low ilvl, I just couldn't pull enough dps to match up against 508+ ilvl geared ppl. I just had to wait patiently till I obtained enough gear and got some chances to prove myself and then I started raiding much more!
    I'm one of their core members with 525+ and have been in their guild for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnrage View Post
    I like how you conveniently ignore every post that disagrees with your stance - only replying to those who at least acknowledge you are "right" in this situation.

Why even make this post when you know what to do? You obviously aren't here for opinions on the subject, just trying to find people that agree with you so your conscience doesn't feel bad.
    I noticed this too. And agree 100%.