Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    You don't read, do you? How can you be late when there is no raid planned?....

I think it was a douche move. I've been in a guild that did that (the officers did extra raids with anyone they could find, leaving the regular raiders in the same position as you are) and it failed in one big drama. Guild/raidleaders who do not understand that their raiders want a fresh raid, have no business leading. Especially not since you have alternatives. If they really can't wait a day for the scheduled raid, they could have changed the schedule a week ago, so that all raiders knew it was on Wednesday this week or gone for a Flex raid instead.

I'd quit if I were you. Asap.
    I don't know what to say, if all you can think for the night of a new raid is spinning your thumbs around.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasami View Post
    I don't know what to say, if all you can think for the night of a new raid is spinning your thumbs around.
    I honestly don't understand your reply. Care to elaborate?

15+ Year Old Account
    You don't read, do you? How can you be late when there is no raid planned?....

I think it was a douche move. I've been in a guild that did that (the officers did extra raids with anyone they could find, leaving the regular raiders in the same position as you are) and it failed in one big drama. Guild/raidleaders who do not understand that their raiders want a fresh raid, have no business leading. Especially not since you have alternatives. If they really can't wait a day for the scheduled raid, they could have changed the schedule a week ago, so that all raiders knew it was on Wednesday this week or gone for a Flex raid instead.

I'd quit if I were you. Asap.
    sounds like there was a raid and this guy either wasn't invited or just isn't admitting there was.

- - - Updated - - -

I honestly don't understand your reply. Care to elaborate?
    its a brand new raid tier, obviously there is a raid planned for day 1. what else is there to do otherwise?
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

I can understand being dissapointed in this situation, if it's not a scheduled raid night and the raid leader took a mix of raiders, socials and trials to a new raid then you should have a word with the GM about your feelings, especially when there is flex raiding available. This does show a lack of respect for the core raiders.

My guild normally raids Thursday, Sunday and Tuesday, but this week we swapped the Thursday raid to Wednesday but gave a few days notice; we're planning on doing flex on Thursday instead but wanted to do it on normal before flex.

Quote Originally Posted by cyqu View Post
    its a brand new raid tier, obviously there is a raid planned for day 1. what else is there to do otherwise?
    The raiders who weren't in the normal raid either went and got their legendary cloaks, did flex raiding or proving grounds, one spent a happy evening catching new battle pets on the Timeless Isle
    Last edited by Karheim; 2013-09-12 at 10:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should of made their intentions to raid on Wednesday clear via forums etc and at least a couple of days notice.

Deleted
    The OP seems like the kind of high maintenance individual you'd rather not have in the guild, to be honest. It's a game, get over it, in a hundred years this act of betrayal probably won't matter much to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Novamourne View Post
    I'm going to be completely honest with you. It has been my job for literal years now to sift through verbal self-selling applicants for raiding and I hate to say it but you sound like the type of raider that I consider cancer on the raiding culture. I'll explain and I know it's impossible for you to not take a statement like that personally/offensively, but I don't mean to say you're an awful person - you're just an awful raider. You may even be someone I could be best friends with, but just based off a couple things I've seen in this post you just don't fit the bill for a valuable addition to a raiding roster.

1st - You claim you don't have time to learn these new fights but you had enough time to come make a post about it, and respond to several others over the course of a few hours. You had more than enough time. The only reason someone would deny raid and kill experience in the first week of a new patch would be out of spite. Without you, they may not be able to raid on the unscheduled night, so maybe you can serve them a little of the "How's it feel?" dish back to them. Even if you planned on leaving, its smart to raid as much as you can while you can with them - and every decent raider knows that.

2nd - You got sat. You mention re-rolling recently, I'd be willing to guess its mostly because your gear isn't where it needs to be in order to be a strong member of the raid and it was better for progressions sake to sit you for someone else. Nonetheless, it's week one, you got sat for one raid, invited to another, and you're throwing a fit and thinking about leaving. You have no tolerance to even the very slightest forms of initiation rites. If you join a guild near the beginning of a new raid tier, you're going to eat some shit. It's expected. It's part of most guilds trials. I have been in guilds where they deliberately treat a new guy poorly to test their reaction. - Any decent raider knows this as well.

3rd - You posted your resume. At the end of it all, you're not really looking for feedback. You already have your mind made up and you're advertising yourself. You complain about a guild that took you in on a fresh toon and offered you a core spot, and even relied on you to pull off a progression raid on an off-night AND THEN in the same breath start flaunting your "qualities" to attract an invite somewhere else.

You absolutely REEK of guild hopping self centered insatiable cancer.
    All of those applications you read seem to have hindered your ability to comprehend the text written.

(If we take all of the OP's posts as truth)

1) I agree for the most part. If there's time for the post then there's time to learn a fight. Your error though is that they already raided on an unscheduled night. Tonight is their scheduled raid night. @OP unless you really don't want to raid I wouldn't recommend skipping it.

2) If you'd read you'd know his gear is already up to scratch. He's a core raider, not a trial. He wasn't benched in favour of another raider. The raid was on an unscheduled night. They were on-line, threw together a raid using non-raid members to replace any raiders who weren't on-line. @OP out of curiosity. How many raiders weren't included in this raid?

3) Again your comprehension fails you. See points one and two, they cover most of this.

If you're going to post saying that someone is a cancer to raiding (he may well be, I really don't know him or care) then at least dutifully read the thread and respond accurately instead of just spouting random crap because you were too lazy to read or couldn't understand what was written.

@OP

You need to decide if yo want to stay with the guild. As far as a team goes, it makes absolutely no sense to use social members to pad out a raid and go for the first night. You're literally taking gear away from your core team on any boss kills. It also will bring this type of feeling onto other members.

I do question though how many "core raiders" weren't included in the raid? If it was only you not on-line I can begin to see where they're coming from. That said it's still a bit of a douche move to throw together a raid without warning and even providing a chance of you being available.

P.S. You really should be speaking to the raid leader to uncover his intentions. He's the one who can give you the answers you need.
    Last edited by TommiTMX; 2013-09-12 at 10:32 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karheim View Post
    The raiders who weren't in the normal raid either went and got their legendary cloaks, did flex raiding or proving grounds, one spent a happy evening catching new battle pets on the Timeless Isle
    OP labels himself as a proper raider.

Deleted
    OP labels himself as a proper raider.
    Maybe there is a discrepancy in the way OP labels himself and the guild leadership labels OP (internally, if not officially).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karheim View Post

i did all of those things and more in under 2 hours before my raid.
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulgore Sweet Potato View Post
    Maybe there is a discrepancy in the way OP labels himself and the guild leadership labels OP (internally, if not officially).
    I agree, there's definitely something in OP's labelling that doesn't match the whole situation.

Deleted
    i did all of those things and more in under 2 hours before my raid.
    How did you spend one happy evening catching battle pets in under 2 hours?
    Have you discovered the secret of time travel?
    Well it was on the timeless isle, I suppose.

Its a tiny bit deuchy of the guild to raid unscheduled. I would never have taken my raid team to a unscheduled raid without the full main team. But you are also to blame. On patch day with a brand new raid. you should have been on if you are a semi serious raider.

Deleted
    When FL patch came out I had to wait 3 resets to even see the 1st boss with my guild, I was benched a lot but I waited, it sucked, friends made fun of me but I waited.
    And waited, and on the 3rd week I was taken to Baelroc hc and I have had a perma spot from that day to today.

We all miss raids or have to be benched, put yourself in the shoes of your GM / raid leader. You raid a limited amount of days, timeless lse was pretty lagg and you had enough people to raid.

It happens, but it's not the end of the world. If your guild is planning on killing Garrosh this reset, read up on the bosses you have next, join them asap get some gear, get some exp and start your HC next week. Unless you can get another group to kill the 1st bosses you missed, You should join your guild.

Deleted
    When you guys actually grow up you will notice that you just can't play 24/7 or at least I hope you wont. People have jobs, family, friends, other hobbies and things in life they have to do. There's more to life than wow and that's exactly why there's raiding schedules in the first place, to allow people to plan their weeks in advance so they can attend. Their guild doesn't raid on wednesdays because it's a bad day for their raiders. In your mind you might think that they could just say to their bosses something along the lines of "I know you wanted me to work that day but I can't. There's this patch coming that day in this video game I play and I just have to be there just in case my guildies decide to have an unplanned raid."

Proper guilds don't do crap like that.

Happend me due to bad computer
    Fuck my raiding life D:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichigo86 View Post
    When you guys actually grow up you will notice that you just can't play 24/7 or at least I hope you wont. People have jobs, family, friends, other hobbies and things in life they have to do. There's more to life than wow and that's exactly why there's raiding schedules in the first place, to allow people to plan their weeks in advance so they can attend. Their guild doesn't raid on wednesdays because it's a bad day for their raiders. In your mind you might think that they could just say to their bosses something along the lines of "I know you wanted me to work that day but I can't. There's this patch coming that day in this video game I play and I just have to be there just in case my guildies decide to have an unplanned raid."

Proper guilds don't do crap like that.
    What are you rambling? None of us denied people have lifes. It's a fact there will be higher raid activity with a new raid in the game regardless, it isn't changed by what "a raider" thinks "a raiding day" ought to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    My, so many responses the little time I was gone. I don't think I have the time to address them all, but I'll give a few pointers.

I write currently at work. At the little time I have of the day actually for myself. I rather learn a few fights very well instead of many half-assed. Yes, I address myself as the text-book raider. Most because I next to am just that if you look away from all this "whining" in this thread.(I know it's hard to believe) Learning fights isn't a bit issue here, but it certainly piles up on my little to no-existence sparetime I have for such. Mostly I speed-read during the time all the other guys takes to prepare(Coming prepared, I get 15-20 times into the raid-time while waiting for others), and I get to read a little during time at work. However, work is flexy and I might not get to a computer at all during it.

I wasn't the only core raider left out. There was several others, however experiencing so much through the time I've played WoW, I believe that is what makes me stand up and actually question things.(The other guys might be raging at the GM this very moment or will tonight, I dunno).

As I have had some troubles with my love-life in earlier posts(half a year ago), I've mostly gotten in the /care mode. Not really wanting to get hurt again, I've shut my heart half-way for the likes. I'm starting to get the same way with WoW. Indeed I was too the noob who raged and complained many years ago with not getting to raid, getting loot, etc etc. However, time flows and people evolve. I've gone most about /care about the loot as it was a big subject for me earlier, but looking back I see I was unreasonable and it is after all just a game. However, my situation have changed. I don't have as much time as I had earlier because of work and other events, but I still want to play WoW. So with the little time I had, I searched for a while till I found a guild that fit my days. I am strangling the grip I have in this guild, trying to go for as long as I can, but blows like this makes me lose my grip.

So, to answer a few more addresations: I'm not going to repeat myself with the whole "There was no raid planned"-thing and some of the things that is being listed is based on air. For example; I'm in a 10-man raiding guild, not 25-man. Yes, that doesn't make it better, other people waiting for just one individual is still a bad thing, but not -as much- to a degree in my opinion.

I rerolled because they didn't need a dps, but a healer. Over the time, I had to gear myself through LFR and eventually go look for raids in trade in order to catch up to the Ilevel they've required of me. Asked for help or a little boost to help me gear, but got nothing. Now, I'm not holding any grudges against that, but since they had to pug a healer every week, I don't see why they couldn't take 1 night off or something, boosting me to get to their level so they didn't have.... "interesting" healing every time :P But I'm not really bothered by that too much.

And yes, I asked if people had similar experience or what your thoughts are on it. I didn't ask for directly feedback or if you guys think I am in the wrong or the likes.

Edited: Some typos here and there
    Last edited by Seiken3; 2013-09-12 at 02:03 PM.

Deleted
    What are you rambling? None of us denied people have lifes. It's a fact there will be higher raid activity with a new raid in the game regardless, it isn't changed by what "a raider" thinks "a raiding day" ought to be.
    Yes the raiding day isn't decided by a raider nor is it decided by the gm but by the whole guild, in advance. Any guild hoping to live and succeed doesn't do crap like surprise raids and piss on it's members.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Novamourne View Post
    I'm going to be completely honest with you. It has been my job for literal years now to sift through verbal self-selling applicants for raiding and I hate to say it but you sound like the type of raider that I consider cancer on the raiding culture. I'll explain and I know it's impossible for you to not take a statement like that personally/offensively, but I don't mean to say you're an awful person - you're just an awful raider. You may even be someone I could be best friends with, but just based off a couple things I've seen in this post you just don't fit the bill for a valuable addition to a raiding roster.

1st - You claim you don't have time to learn these new fights but you had enough time to come make a post about it, and respond to several others over the course of a few hours. You had more than enough time. The only reason someone would deny raid and kill experience in the first week of a new patch would be out of spite. Without you, they may not be able to raid on the unscheduled night, so maybe you can serve them a little of the "How's it feel?" dish back to them. Even if you planned on leaving, its smart to raid as much as you can while you can with them - and every decent raider knows that.

2nd - You got sat. You mention re-rolling recently, I'd be willing to guess its mostly because your gear isn't where it needs to be in order to be a strong member of the raid and it was better for progressions sake to sit you for someone else. Nonetheless, it's week one, you got sat for one raid, invited to another, and you're throwing a fit and thinking about leaving. You have no tolerance to even the very slightest forms of initiation rites. If you join a guild near the beginning of a new raid tier, you're going to eat some shit. It's expected. It's part of most guilds trials. I have been in guilds where they deliberately treat a new guy poorly to test their reaction. - Any decent raider knows this as well.

3rd - You posted your resume. At the end of it all, you're not really looking for feedback. You already have your mind made up and you're advertising yourself. You complain about a guild that took you in on a fresh toon and offered you a core spot, and even relied on you to pull off a progression raid on an off-night AND THEN in the same breath start flaunting your "qualities" to attract an invite somewhere else.

You absolutely REEK of guild hopping self centered insatiable cancer.
    Expecting a raid guild to adhere to the raid days and times they expect their members to commit to makes one a 'cancer on the raiding culture'??

And I hope you read your guild applications an awful lot more carefully than you did the OP.