Thread: 5.4 BM opener

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

5.4 BM opener

There seems to be several thoughts on the opener. I'm personally going for SrS>KC>DB>Stampede>GT>1-2 AS/ or CS, followed by BW/KC macro etc.... Using Rapid Fire once BW is off CD but not entirely sure as some say to stack some say not to. What are people starting with with the removal of readiness.

Deleted
    Opening sequence:

1: Hunter's Mark/Pet Attack-macro.
    2: Stampede and Rapid Fire.
    3: Bestial Wrath and Kill Command.
    4: A Murder of Crows.
    5: Serpent Sting.
    6: Dire Beast.

Rotation afterwards:

1: Kill Command (when it comes off cooldown from the opening sequence.)
    2: Kill Shot (when the target hits 20% of it's maximum health.)
    3: Glaive Toss (on cooldown.)
    4: Dire Beast (when it comes off cooldown from the opening sequence.)
    5: Focus Fire (on Frenzy-proc.)
    6: Cobra Shot to regain focus and refresh the Serpent Sting DoT.
    And of course Arcane Shot to dump excess focus, unless Kill Command is coming off cooldown.

If it's a long fight I tend to lean back, while keeping an eye on the ability-bar and let SpellFlash work it's magic.

Good luck!

I've found pretty good results with:

-0.5 Pre-pot
    0 Serpent Sting
    1 Kill Command
    2 Dire Beast
    3 Glaive toss
    4 Rapid Fire>Stampede
    5 Cobra Shot
    6 Arcane Shot
    7 Bestial Wrath>Kill Command
    8 Arcane Shot
    9 Arcane Shot
    10 Arcane Shot
    11 Arcane Shot
    12 Arcane Shot
    13 Kill Command
    14 Arcane Shot
    15 Arcane Shot
    16 Arcane Shot (Bestial Wrath ends)
    17 Arcane Shot
    18 Glaive Toss (Rapid Fire ends)
    19 Kill Command
    20 Arcane Shot
    21 Cobra Shot
    22 Cobra Shot

With Lust on the pull, I usually end 20 seconds around 30 focus or so. No Lust and I alter it a bit after 17.

I realize I'm stacking RF and BW but I've seen better results (possibly rng related) stacking rather than staggering.

I do SrS, cobra(atleast until 2p T15 is gone), GT, buffs, KC, AS spam.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post

-0.5 Pre-pot
    0 Serpent Sting
    1 Kill Command
    2 Dire Beast
    3 Glaive toss
    4 Rapid Fire>Stampede
    5 Cobra Shot
    6 Arcane Shot
    8 Arcane Shot
    9 Arcane Shot
    10 Arcane Shot
    11 Arcane Shot
    12 Arcane Shot
    13 Kill Command
    14 Arcane Shot
    15 Arcane Shot
    17 Arcane Shot
    19 Kill Command
    20 Arcane Shot
    21 Cobra Shot
    22 Cobra Shot

With Lust on the pull, I usually end 20 seconds around 30 focus or so. No Lust and I alter it a bit after 17.

I realize I'm stacking RF and BW but I've seen better results (possibly rng related) stacking rather than staggering.
    I'm leaning more towards this for my opener too. Too much muscle memory for Rentaki's opener but when I remembered I changed it. I'm guessing with 2 set getting that Rapid Fire off asap is going to be mandatory and although many are saying not to stack RF with BW I think it makes sense once you have 2 set for the opener atleast to take advantage of AS spamming during BW

I did this one last night as BM(Might be counted as the new Renataki sequence)

0: SrS (Juju and Renataki should proc here for sure)
    1: RF+Stamp
    2: DB
    3:BW+KC
    4: GT
    5: AS
    6: AS
    7: AS
    9: AS
    10: KC with full Renataki stacks and Bad Juju up, seen 730k crits

Edit: It's impossible to fit in a Cobra Shot if you don't use BL/Hero on pull, it screws up the timing and you can miss the 10 stack KC by just a few inches. Or you can Cobra and then wait like 1 second before the last KC comes off CD
    Last edited by Tehterokkar; 2013-09-12 at 10:29 AM.

Yes but shouldn't we lean towards an opener not for rentakis as we be wanting to replace it soon

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post

Edit: It's impossible to fit in a Cobra Shot if you don't use BL/Hero on pull, it screws up the timing and you can miss the 10 stack KC by just a few inches. Or you can Cobra and then wait like 1 second before the last KC comes off CD
    This works really well, had some ridiculous openers myself with this sequence last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Windthorn View Post
    Yes but shouldn't we lean towards an opener not for rentakis as we be wanting to replace it soon
    That's a thread for next week.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

Do you guys still use RF on your openers without the reset from Readiness? I've been using it once BW runs out but I just got 2piece and I'm wondering if I should use it on cd.

Is AmoC proving better than BS? I kept BS for my whole raid last night, and overall my DPS was generally top of the meters. I would've thought with the loss of Readiness reset AmoC would still not be better even with its 40% increased damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakog View Post
    Do you guys still use RF on your openers without the reset from Readiness? I've been using it once BW runs out but I just got 2piece and I'm wondering if I should use it on cd.
    If you got 2pc, use it on CD, especially on pull since probably 6-7 of your GCDs during BW will be Arcane Shot. Higher uptime = More cloak procs, more focus etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Devboy View Post
    Is AmoC proving better than BS? I kept BS for my whole raid last night, and overall my DPS was generally top of the meters. I would've thought with the loss of Readiness reset AmoC would still not be better even with its 40% increased damage.
    I'm trying to figure that out myself. I want to know if Lynx Rush's buff made it any better, as well. FemDwarf won't recognise my toon, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenyatta View Post
    I'm trying to figure that out myself. I want to know if Lynx Rush's buff made it any better, as well. FemDwarf won't recognise my toon, though.
    AMoC is not better, lynx rush is still a joke, and blink strikes is still the best for bm.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post

-0.5 Pre-pot
    0 Serpent Sting
    1 Kill Command
    2 Dire Beast
    3 Glaive toss
    4 Rapid Fire>Stampede
    5 Cobra Shot
    6 Arcane Shot
    8 Arcane Shot
    9 Arcane Shot
    10 Arcane Shot
    11 Arcane Shot
    12 Arcane Shot
    13 Kill Command
    14 Arcane Shot
    15 Arcane Shot
    17 Cobra Shot
    19 Kill Command
    20 Arcane Shot
    21 Cobra Shot
    Fixed so I get a last CS before RF ends and after BW ends, keeping SrS up.

AMoC was buffed by 40% to make up for the readiness loss. It is still behind Blink Strikes in damage. Not only that, but I find BS better when you need to target switch, one example being Sha of Pride when the large add comes out from the side, my pet can blink over and start attacking right away while I stand and release someone from prison.

Quote Originally Posted by Kissthebaby View Post
    AMoC is not better, lynx rush is still a joke, and blink strikes is still the best for bm.
    Ballin'. Thanks for the reply.

Why would you not stack RF and BW? Focus capping isn't an issue. If your doing extra damage during BW, why wouldn't you want to do it as fast as possible.

Ya I for one pop my RF with BW at the start and don't see myself capping at all, I get close, but never cap. I've tried both ways, gotten better results with the former. I pretty much do what Tehterokkar does:0.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post

Tried this with great results. Thanks for sharing.