Poll: Your thoughts

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Well, I'm happy that Garrosh still lives. But I don't like Vol'jin and I'm glad I unsubbed for this patch. No longer is the franchise about Orcs vs Humans, so they've alienated me.

It's really Blizzard's fault for making these controversial choices, to mess up their winning formula like that. They've already admitted that they didn't expect Mists of Pandaria to be such a controversy, but it turned out ot be. And this new Warchief and stepping away from the core formula that is 'Orcs vs Humans' is just another one of those choices. They shouldn't be surprised that people quit if they change things up that much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Imoldgreg View Post
    If you hate vol'jin then get off horde and go play ally so i can kill you
    The Alliance is no alternative, best option is to just quit the game. GG

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't surprised in the least that it was Vol'jin. Things should be interesting from here on out now that we have a non-Orc Warchief.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Well, I'm happy that Garrosh still lives. But I don't like Vol'jin and I'm glad I unsubbed for this patch. No longer is the franchise about Orcs vs Humans, so they've alienated me.

It's really Blizzard's fault for making these controversial choices, to mess up their winning formula like that. They've already admitted that they didn't expect Mists of Pandaria to be such a controversy, but it turned out ot be. And this new Warchief and stepping away from the core formula that is 'Orcs vs Humans' is just another one of those choices. They shouldn't be surprised that people quit if they change things up that much.

- - - Updated - - -

The Alliance is no alternative, best option is to just quit the game. GG
    quit over lore? LOL

Vol'jin is a far the best joice. if they would have made this uggly blood elf to warchief i would have instantly faction changed back to alliance!

I don't hate that decision so much, but if Horde really becomes so pleading and bent on knees before Alliance I'm rerolling. I loved Garrosh for his bloodthirst and war-feeling between Alliance and Horde. Yea I get the idea that Blizzard probably wants them united against some yet unknown enemy (Legion?) but if that happens then... fuck no...
    S.H.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Restors View Post
    With that said, having orcish warchief would be alot more ideal, but all we can do (just like the past), see how this unfolds. Maybe it's him the horde needs right now, maybe we need his wisdom. Only time will tell.
    The only thing Vol'jin can do that makes me happy is if he dies next expansion so we can consider a serious Warchief. That would probably get me to resub again, considering the next expansion isn't another lighthearted childrens expansion.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Im alliance and this makes me want to return to the horde. I havent wanted to play horde since 4.0.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing Vol'jin can do that makes me happy is if he dies next expansion so we can consider a serious Warchief. That would probably get me to resub again, considering the next expansion isn't another lighthearted childrens expansion.
    someone hasnt been paying much attention to the story, and i found that person^
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorlas View Post
    I hate it, just hate it. A troll is leading my beloved Horde, a troll who conspired with the Alliance, unbelievable. Orgrim must be rolling over in his grave right now....

Blizz could have chosen anyone and it would have been better, Baine, Theron, Saurfang, Nazgrel, heck freakin' Aggra. Still can't Thrall passed the mantle to him...
    Den let Orgrim roll in his grave brudda, da Darkspear be runnin' tings now!

Although I do wonder who the Orc racial leader is gonna be? Green Jeezus could be it, but I'd like to see Saurfang personally.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imoldgreg View Post
    quit over lore? LOL
    Yes, I think it's a valid reason. It's the lore that kept me playing from Warcraft 1 up till now. I know I'm an exception, but I just don't see the appeal in throwing more money at Blizzard for basically getting the same content each expansion only with a slightly different flavour graphics wise. Game mechanics haven't changed much from Vanilla to now, if you've raided hardcore in Vanilla then there isn't really anything new to enjoy with raiding today.

What else is there to play for? Items that become obsolete again with each new patch and each new expansion? No, I get far more joy out of lore than out of items.
    So sure, I'm probably an exception. But to laugh at my reason? Pfff.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas should have been warchief.

Now the horde and alliance are going to be friends and uphold 'Honor'. Which isn't what I wanted to happen.

Deleted
    As an Alliance Player I do think Vol'Jinn was the best choice for Warchief however on a more personal note I think that Basic Camp Fire should have been Warchief....

I don't mind Vol'jin....just hate the way it happened. Thrall takes it upon himself to try and create some justice on Garrosh (and was rightly interrupted) followed by them telling Thrall they need him back as warchief and him choosing Vol'jin. What a crock! Thrall gave up his warchief status and personally chose Garrosh without anyone's input. Who the f*&^ should listen to him now?!!! He should be sitting in the corner with a paper hat on staring at the wall letting everyone else solve this.

Yes, I think it's a valid reason. It's the lore that kept me playing from Warcraft 1 up till now. I know I'm an exception, but I just don't see the appeal in throwing more money at Blizzard for basically getting the same content each expansion only with a slightly different flavour graphics wise. Game mechanics haven't changed much from Vanilla to now, if you've raided hardcore in Vanilla then there isn't really anything new to enjoy with raiding today.

What else is there to play for? Items that become obsolete again with each new patch and each new expansion? No, I get far more joy out of lore than out of items.
    So sure, I'm probably an exception. But to laugh at my reason? Pfff.
    Of all the things that are wrong with this game (and trust me the list is LONG) to quit over wow's story-telling abilities just seems a bit immature to me. You realize they just dream this stuff up and let it play out. Whereas game mechanics, gear, pvp, gold sinks and so much more are bigger issues. To be upset over lore is just mind boggling to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thorlas View Post
    I hate it, just hate it. A troll is leading my beloved Horde, a troll who conspired with the Alliance, unbelievable. Orgrim must be rolling over in his grave right now....

Blizz could have chosen anyone and it would have been better, Baine, Theron, Saurfang, Nazgrel, heck freakin' Aggra. Still can't Thrall passed the mantle to him...
    have a snickers and take a walk around the block bro

Don't you love how the cinematic ends with Varian doing his badass warning and speech about stuff - and our new "Warchief" being there only to say "hey, my name is Warchief"? Yes, his reign is going to be glorious.

If you read his novel, it was pretty obvious that Vol'jin will be a new Warchief. I'm pretty sure that majority of who is against this haven't read the book.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    Den let Orgrim roll in his grave brudda, da Darkspear be runnin' tings now!

Although I do wonder who the Orc racial leader is gonna be? Green Jeezus could be it, but I'd like to see Saurfang personally.
    The thing is blizz destroyed orcish pride.. And now to furter spit in orc players face made a troll the faction leader.. If anything the other leaders should have given a orc the seat to show they understood that it wasent the races fault that garrosh went rampart..

But no.. Lets put a tool of a leader as the new figure head of the horde..

We the "Hero" should have been the new Warchief. We've stop numerous global threats. We've done countless legendary deeds. We are the reason Azeroth itself still stands. We get nothing for it.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Vol'jin has literally done nothing making him worthy of this title.

He made a rebellion, woo, well, he wasn't able to rescue his people. Even when he returned to sen'jin, he just stood by well Thrall and Chen faught off the kor'kohn.
    You know who it was fighting to take back undercity in wrath days well vol'jin sat outside and did nothing? Thrall and Sylvanas.

For years, Vol'jins done nothing but stand around in grommash hold. He's not done anything worthy to validate this. And honestly, all this feels like it was done for shock value, almost as if the devs were saying 'here, we're show you we can choose someone else beside an orc', and thats it.

Maybe if the developers had spent more time developing him over the years, instead of just paying a writer to write a novel for him, and claim that as development (which from all accounts, it had nothing in it as far as development went for vol'jin) then maybe I might have felt far less diappointed in this.
    Seriously, Rexxar has done more for the horde then vol'jin.
    Even Zandalari fear and respect Vol'jin.

Quote Originally Posted by Chult View Post
    Hard to respect a leader who can't speak in full sentences or stand upright.
    You take dat back mon!

on a serious note, im happy Vol'jin came warchief, he did what he felt was right for the horde all along, I dont think we will see "honor and peace" as long as the horde and alliance are two different factions, someone will always piss off the other faction. People complain want another Garrosh warchief? one we kill in patch 6.4 replaying the same story over and over. Yes Vol'jin is like thrall wants peace and a nice world to live in but there will always be war. As a troll druid... im happy we are above orcs now! :P

But on a serious note (2) Will Orgrimmar be changed AGAIN, as when garrosh had it in his control he wanted no one other then orcs in the main city area. Will it be all mixxed come 6.0 or will the city stay exactly the same?