Poll: Your thoughts

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Doesn't matter to me either way. It could have been an innkeeper from Org and the future of the Horde would be the same. Maybe it's just because i'm not really into lore.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Bloodsail Admiral Colonel Sandor's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    It's nice to see a character from Warcraft III get some more attention. I approve. He's been a bit whiny in the past few expansions, but hopefully he'll get back to his badass roots.
    He's never really had "Badass" roots. But he CAN be if Blizzard would give him something to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    vol'jins not got any badass roots though. His backstory has nothing to it to suggest this. He had to be saved by Thrall and the orcs from murlocs, then.. nothing much else in wc3, and absolutely nothing in wow until cata and his speech in the starting zone, and then.. like a f**king rock from the sky, his character forced driven with a book and shoved into the foreground.

I would not have minded, if Vol'jin was a character with some long standing good character development over all the years he's been in the horde. but he's had none. Everything people say about vol'jin now stems from the last half a year blizzard has thrown vol'jin banners at us telling us to acknowledge his presence in the story, and thats all its been.

This is a character that for 6 years, did nothing except crack a beer keg open as brewfest. Back then, even I remember thinking to myself "who is this guy, whats he done? does he even have a backstory?"
    Still ignoring the pre-cata event stuff and the Troll starting area, aren't we.
    Is there even still a reason to take your words seriously Trassk?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dirk123 View Post
    oh the event where vol'jin waited 6 years to do anything about well his people were mind slaves on there island, yeah, that event.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    He featured in the RPG-like campaign about the founding of Durotar that was part of TFT didn't he? With the spirit wyverns and the such. I'm not Rokhan, he is the cool troll they dumped in the Dragon Wastes. Then again, when looking how Chen and Vol'Jin are supposed to be buddies one almost gets the feeling Blizz is attributing actions of Rokhan to Vol'Jin.

By the way, what did Thrall do for the first time? Initially he did the RFC quests and the Ony quests, which on Horde side were less significant than the RFC quests. Then, in TBC he gets the one big thing in Nagrand where he runs in on wolfback, talks with his grandma and begins the build up for the current tier raid. In WotLK he just comes in for the cinematics, in which he isn't actually needed at all (heck, most WotLK cinematics could have been left out without any damage to the story). Cata was his time in the spotlight but by then he wasn't Warchief.

Deleted
    I just hope Trassk's blind hatred doesnt kill vol'jin like it killed Garrosh, for the crime of not being Thrall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiphopopotamus View Post
    He's never really had "Badass" roots. But he CAN be if Blizzard would give him something to do.
    thats not giving a character roots, its taking a character thats done so little, and force feeding them with things to do without any structure.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    2/3 of voters are horde? Is that really accurate or are alliance players just not opening this thread?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by High Priestess Ishanah View Post
    I just hope Trassk's blind hatred doesnt kill vol'jin like it killed Garrosh, for the crime of not being Thrall.
    You mean like the blind fanboyism people had for Garrosh when they couldn't acknowledge all the bad shit he was doing? Yeah, those guys who where shocked then *gasp* garrosh turned out to BE THE BAD GUY.

Vol'jin isn't this, I know he's a good guy, but that doesn't mean whats been done is anything positive to it. Fucking up the hordes story, which has been happening throughout mists, and ending with this gobshite conclusion, just for shock value, isn't something that can be ignored.
    #boycottchina

The warchief makes sense to be a non-orc warchief, the reason Thrall chose to not become warchief, is a good one. Vol'jin is a nice change for the leadership. Orcs have gone in a more interesting direction, where the majority of their heroes are now gone. Thrall leading the orcs makes sense to me, had Thrall been warchief after Garrosh I would have quitted most likely, due to a bad story direction (Thrall has proven before that he can't keep the forsaken in check before an emergency (see post-wrathgate, the orc guards were added pre-wrathgate) and his choice of Garrosh proved to be quite catastrophic). Vol'jin homever I feel, can probably keep the horde in check, (Thrall can most likely keep the orcs in check aside Thrall didn't handle the "Anti-kor'kron/garrosh" thing, vol'jin homever did. It's a better fit for a non-orc to be warchief than an orc...

Also trassk your rants towards Chris metzen and Dave kosak are hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gruul View Post
    2/3 of voters are horde? Is that really accurate or are alliance players just not opening this thread?
    this. there are always more alliance posters on these forums then horde, so its alliance having a laugh at hordes expense.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry, does defending the Valley of Spirits, Reclaiming some Isles that were stolen YEARS go, Snapping back to a superior and killing a Sea Witch that should've been dealt with Years ago seriously count as notable events? Does that compare in any way shape or form to what people like Thrall and Saurfang have done over the years? Nope, it doesn't.

Damn Traask, I've watched you go from being disappointed in this outcome to flat out blazing angry. All I got to say is, keep it up. We know Blizz is susceptible to player outcry, just look at the Allys, they whined for years and years to the point that Blizz finally had to throw them a bone. We get loud enough and Vol'jin might not be Warchief for long.

Frost Blood Elf Death Knight - Zul'jin

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciarán View Post
    By the way, what did Thrall do for the first time? Initially he did the RFC quests and the Ony quests, which on Horde side were less significant than the RFC quests. Then, in TBC he gets the one big thing in Nagrand where he runs in on wolfback, talks with his grandma and begins the build up for the current tier raid. In WotLK he just comes in for the cinematics, in which he isn't actually needed at all (heck, most WotLK cinematics could have been left out without any damage to the story). Cata was his time in the spotlight but by then he wasn't Warchief.
    Well, let's see, Thrall:
    -Freed the Orcish people from the internment camps
    -Reestablished the connection between the Orcs and the Elements, being one of the first "new" Orc Shamans in years
    -Was Blackmoore's Best Fighter
    -Recieved Warchief from Orgrim Doomhammer
    -Founded the "New" Horde
    -Promoted peace between the Horde and Alliance
    -Brought many races into the New Horde
    -Fought in the Third War
    -Helped Sylvanas Reclaim Undercity

Just a few examples.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    this. there are always more alliance posters on these forums then horde, so its alliance having a laugh at hordes expense.
    Or Horde players actually like this outcome. I can say I see way more Horde players on these forums, doesn't mean it's fact and vice versa.

Try to understand that people like different things, and won't always agree with you. Doesn't make them wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorlas View Post
    Damn Traask, I've watched you go from being disappointed in this outcome to flat out blazing angry. All I got to say is, keep it up. We know Blizz is susceptible to player outcry, just look at the Allys, they whined for years and years to the point that Blizz finally had to throw them a bone. We get loud enough and Vol'jin might not be Warchief for long.
    It worked for the people who disliked Garrosh, it'll work for those of us who dislike Vol'jin, MMO-Champion Rebellion, incoming?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gruul View Post
    Well, consider that this is a thread that Horde players would care about more than Alliance players, so it makes sense.

Thrall is awesome, we all know that, what he has done is nothing less than history making. So why does this mean we can't let Vol'jin get to do some awesome stuff as warchief now?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    It worked for the people who disliked Garrosh, it'll work for those of us who dislike Vol'jin, MMO-Champion Rebellion, incoming?
    Vol'jin isn't nearly as unpopular as Garrosh, and most of the people who 'hate' that he's warchief now will get over it in a few weeks when they realize how little it actually changes.
    Last edited by tinyninja; 2013-09-14 at 07:20 PM.

Well, let's see, Thrall:
    -Freed the Orcish people from the internment camps
    -Reestablished the connection between the Orcs and the Elements, being one of the first "new" Orc Shamans in years
    -Was Blackmoore's Best Fighter
    -Recieved Warchief from Orgrim Doomhammer
    -Founded the "New" Horde
    -Promoted peace between the Horde and Alliance
    -Brought many races into the New Horde
    -Fought in the Third War
    -Helped Sylvanas Reclaim Undercity

Just a few examples.
    Not to mention:

- Led his people across the sea to Kalimdor
    - Saved the Tauren from genocide
    - Gave the Darkspear a home after theirs was destroyed
    - Founded Orgrimmar

Frost Blood Elf Death Knight - Zul'jin

I syppose Traask is always this whiny? Good lord. So many subjective opinions and flaming. Why is this allowed? Then again, it's the vocal minority of the MMO-Champ user base. I guess it's expected.

And vocal minority is proven true by this poll. Anyone who states that "most voters have invalid opinions. This is the reality of the situation" is just a pretentious, obnoxious prick (not aimed at Trassk unless he said that). God damn, people are stupid sometimes when things don't go their way.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry, does defending the Valley of Spirits, Reclaiming some Isles that were stolen YEARS go, Snapping back to a superior and killing a Sea Witch that should've been dealt with Years ago seriously count as notable events? Does that compare in any way shape or form to what people like Thrall and Saurfang have done over the years? Nope, it doesn't.
    heres the thing, Thrall helped the trolls survive when he rescued them. and when vol'jin made the rebellion Thrall joined him in it, he even rescued the darkspear from the kor'kohn before vol'jin even returned.

Now, after the rebellion, after vol'jin has commanded forces to attack orgrimmar, kill countless orcs, and take command of the horde, does vol'jin intend to help the orcs get on there feet, recover from this, after all he did to kill so many orcs.

If there was any care left in the story in regards to orcs, you would have orcs now saying how vol'jin is an orc killer, and why should they trust him after so much orc blood was spilled because of his actions, and vol'jin having to prove himself to the orcs for that reason.
    Like I say, Thrall proved himself in coming to the orcs aid when it counted.

You know what else I thought thought.. as warchief, Vol'jin will be in command of all the horde, but he will also have to deal with everything within the horde, all factions, he will have to deal with blood elf problems, tauren problems, forsaken problems, goblin problems, and the orcs now, as well as his own people.
    Do you really think vol'jin has the mantle to be able to handle all that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhallows View Post
    I syppose Traask is always this whiny? Good lord. So many subjective opinions and flaming. Why is this allowed? Then again, it's the vocal minority of the MMO-Champ user base. I guess it's expected.

And vocal minority is proven true by this poll. Anyone who states that "most voters have invalid opinions. This is the reality of the situation" is just a pretentious, obnoxious prick (not aimed at Trassk unless he said that). God damn, people are stupid sometimes when things don't go their way.
    so because you disagree with what we're saying and shouting about it, that means your right and we're wrong?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tinyninja View Post

Vol'jin isn't nearly as unpopular as Garrosh, and most of the people who 'hate' that he's warchief now will get over it in a few weeks when they realize how little it actually changes.
    you can't make that assumption until blizzard actually does something to show it. We are basing what we're saying on whats happening right now.
    #boycottchina