Poll: Your thoughts

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    I guess he will do. I was waiting for Sylvanas to go crazy in the background though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tapzer View Post
    He was almost killed in that scenario, you know how much mage food you have to eat to recover 500+ million health? It takes awhile!
    No mage in the party, he had to wait for bandage CDs :S

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    One of the 'three original leaders' of the new Horde?
    What the fuck is that bullshit? Why is everything after them suddenly not the 'original new Horde' any more?
    Well... they aren't original New Horde in the sense that Warcraft III "Horde" was Orcs, Trolls and Tauren.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Vol'jin is the perfect choice. If u remember he was part of the ones that conquered Durotar and laid the foundation for the horde's new home.

I was expecting either him or Rexxar because it's fair lore-wise, and with Vol'jin being like the new reality show star in Pandaria yeh... predictable.

horde just went from being badass in vanilla to being a complete joke/hipster hangout faction.
    next expansion my axe will serve the alliance.

Here's to hoping that Vol'jin's first order of business is to remove his paddle boats from Stormwind Harbor.

They attract flies.

Quote Originally Posted by Salted Beef View Post
    Here's to hoping that Vol'jin's first order of business is to remove his paddle boats from Stormwind Harbor.

They attract flies.
    You made me LOL.

I award you +1 internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    because you know every roleplayer don't you? Think you got the delusional arrow the wrong way around.
    Rock solid syllogism there brother. By your logic the census bureau is full of shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    In that case Tauren aren't original Jorde in the sense that Warcraft 3, mission 2, was about Orcs and Trolls
    My point is that you cannot just draw a line and say: "From this point I call it original because that suits my argument the best!"

i think from now we should spell it Jorde!
    yeah the distinction is arbitrary, also like trying to parse the difference between the alliance before, during and after the third war as well.

Remember, Night Elves are not Alliance. they are just, you know, enemies of the Orcs invading Ashenvale. and the enemies of their enemies are their allies.

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

10+ Year Old Account
    Your new leader was trolled by a lvl 12 elite for 6 years. He needed divine intervention to end his coconut trolling.

Vol'jin, and Thrall, has always been my leaders. Always loved the trolls, and was hoping for the Zandalari to join the Horde before the whole Zandalari storyline in Cata/MoP.
    Even as it is, i fucking love Vol'jin standing up to both his leaders, the Zandalari and the Horde, and i really hope they give him some nice screentime in the next expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gozzu View Post
    Vol'jin, and Thrall, has always been my leaders. Always loved the trolls, and was hoping for the Zandalari to join the Horde before the whole Zandalari storyline in Cata/MoP.
    Even as it is, i fucking love Vol'jin standing up to both his leaders, the Zandalari and the Horde, and i really hope they give him some nice screentime in the next expansion.
    Been playing Alliance throughout MoP, but im gonna reroll Horde any day now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Nice Draenei avatar, did you know that Draenei are members of the Alliance? And because of that your opinion to what the Horde should and shouldn't be is irrelevant?
    Not sure if trolling or incredibly stupid. You know it's a video game, right? And the fact that you're taking it so seriously is pretty laughable.

inb4 "ur avatar is a worgen gtfo"

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    Me neither, I don't hate Vol'jin. It's just that the Warchief has always been an orc since it is a carry over from when orcs were the Horde after the clans were united under a single leader. I would have preferred Varok Saurfang (Nazgrim would have been better but blizz decided to kill him off) or even Nazgrel.

But with the way the last few patches have been, it was either going to be Vol'jin or Lor'themar. And Vol'jin was the more likely of the two.
    I thinks that's the problem. having an orc traditionally rule the horde is nearly just like saying orcs are superior and that all other races are subservient to us. Now that Vol'jin is the new warchief the horde can finally be about equally among the races. For good or for ill the horde even now that it has become weakend by Garroshs bullshit, it's stronger that ever before.

The problem with the Alliance is that there is little to no tension between the race's and that Humans are still the main ruler instead of it being an correlation of different races. there is also little closeness between the newer races. the night elf's, Draenei, Pandaren, and to a lesser extent the Worgen/Gilnean because to the fact the alliance is human dominated. Also the they are way too passive(although Varian has said he will change that) and all only care about their own causes and only help each other went their interests are mutual; Alliance want to kill the horde, the dwarfs are just tag alongs with the humans, the gormes are too obsessed with thinkering and recapturing their capital,the night elf only want to secure their territory, the Draenei are perparing for the next fight with the legion, the Worgen are only interested in saving their home and killing all the forsaken and the Pandaren are doing shit in BOTH faction's. The Alliance is not united in a common goal noir it seek to strengthen the relations between is races. bIn addition none of the Alliance have apart form Jaina until mop have ever been willing to agree to a ceasefire or being wholehearthingly be will to have better relations with the horde and Anduin in my eyes just gas compared to the old Jaina. If the Alliance really desired peace they both be smart enough to see that this was a set up at the Wrath gate in Wotlk instead of blaming the horde. they see themselves as the paragon of justice but are in fact lazy and warmongering and vain bastards who cant see the wrong's of their way's and because of that the alliance haven't progress but rather regressed especially due to Jaina no following in her father's footsteps now.

But don't get me wrong I am slandering the alliance as the bad and the horde as good although I will say that the horde is now a lighter shade of black now, because as Vol'jin says best: the horde is a family, but the alliance is the alliance. However the horde themselves have brought a lot of shit on themselves: Sylvanas while being a badass is pushing the limit of the atrocities she can get away with, considering the attacks on gilneas, and the goblins are not doing well for themselves; destroying forests and pissing off the Nelf's. But the Big one in my books was Thrall appointing garrosh as his successor. Thrall may have saved the world twice but he nearly destroyed it by letting Garrosh becoming warchief. all of garrosh's actions are thrall's action's and because of that, the two are on my shit list.

But the real question is if all this fighting in mop was an Blessing in disguise or just the horde finally getting their act together be they destroyed themselves.
    Last edited by Goradan; 2014-04-06 at 02:43 PM.

I'm Alliance (well....like 90% Alliance, as I do have some Horde characters I mess around with) and am pretty indifferent. I love Vol'jin as a character. I was also hoping for a non-Orc Warchief because I really want the story to move away from this whole "Warchief and the Orcs vs High King and the Humans, fuck everyone else" thing, so I'm happy enough.

I was actually hoping Thrall would decide to take the job back, but his character has changed far too much since his Warchief days. He has a wife and kid, higher duty to Azeroth, etc, so I doubt we'll see him go back to his old black plate wearing Warrior self.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erdnalak View Post
    Not sure if trolling or incredibly stupid. You know it's a video game, right? And the fact that you're taking it so seriously is pretty laughable.

inb4 "ur avatar is a worgen gtfo"
    Don't be the guy who necro's a thread from last september.

On topic Vol'jin for life.

This time i wished there was a third option: while i don't hate him, I'm dissapointed.

Necro!

Seriously though, I play both sides and I find it kind of......weird......that a troll is Warchief. I don't mind it and feel it's a nice change, but it's still kind of weird. It's like Vol'jin came out of nowhere. Maybe if they had been building up his story in more than books and one expac I might feel different. I'm interested in seeing where they take this whole "Vol'jin as Warchief" thing though.

And I'm on the side that Vol'jin had reason not to trust Garrosh. Just by reading the books and Garrosh's actions in Nagrand and other places I didn't trust him either. I, for one, still feel it was completely and totally asinine for Thrall not to listen to long time and trusted friends or take into serious consideration the overly warmongering actions of Garrosh when he put him in charge.
    Karma always has the last laugh.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorqin View Post
    Orgrim must be rolling over in his grave right now....
    Orgrim is a fictional character, so probably not.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.