Poll: Your thoughts

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultramonkey View Post
    How are Trolls inferior? In case you hadn't heard, Trolls had the greatest empire on the face of Azeroth at one point in time, they wouldn't have got there if they were pushovers.

As for a Dwarf leading the Alliance, I could see one of the Bronzebeards leading, Magni to be specific (if he ever gets his vajazzle removed).
    It's not that Trolls are inferior, it's just Darkspear are. Their Tribe was almost driven to extinction by Murlocs. Farmers in westfall have issues with murlocs.. FARMERS.

My take on Vol'jin as leader of horde:

Some people: "Too predictable, blizz sucks"
    Other people: "Makes no sense, blizz sucks"

As you can see, on the internet it's possible for something to both make no sense, while also being predictable.

My point is: dramatic narrative requires foreshadowing. If you want "unpredictable" things, then you should have been happy if they made Ariel from The Little Mermaid warchief of the horde. Wouldn't have been able to predict THAT, no would you? But, then your complaint would be "wtf out of nowhere blizz, learn to write!" If you thought Vol'jin was "unexpected", then I don't know what you expected, as the only other 2 living characters that have had more scenes showing them as an effective leader of horde members are Thrall and Garrosh (one of whom just nearly dissolved the horde), leaving the only option that "makes more sense" than Vol'jin as Thrall (which would have honestly been surprising since he already was, which actually leaves Vol'jin as the only character that A)you can believe the actual horde members would follow and B) isn't strange in a meta, out-of-game sense).

Further point being, unpredictability isn't a sign of good writing. If you truly believe it makes sense to spend 2 years building up Vol'jin as a character and then actually promote a different character to warchief who is essentially unheard of (only way it would be unpredictable in any way) then first of all, you don't understand what the point of writing is (it's to create a coherent narrative in order to communicate some piece of data to a reader) and you don't understand the economic stupidity of spending all that time paying people to voice-act, animate, write dialogue for, etc, just so you can ignore that character.

The "it's too predictable" argument is possibly the most foolish one I've heard on the internet in the last 20 years.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Melsiren View Post
    It's not that Trolls are inferior, it's just Darkspear are. Their Tribe was almost driven to extinction by Murlocs. Farmers in westfall have issues with murlocs.. FARMERS.
    Murlocs that we're backed by a naga sea witch. So not just any murlocs.

Deleted
    Makes the most sense, however blizz giving it all the "unexpected" nonsense will have some people annoyed, and rightly so i might add.

Quote Originally Posted by JonTargaryen View Post
    We had Magni as our kinda sorta de-facto leader for Vanilla and BC.

Poor old Magni. We took you for granite. And now you are.
    I know! but now with the way they can tell stories and such it would be awesome to see another race get some attentions now! Maybe Varian can get kidnapped again lol

I'm hoping Magni is released from his stonie prison soon

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Just because it's legitimate doesn't mean the players have to like it. Trolls are an inferior race, and don't deserve to be over the whole Horde. It'd be like a dwarf or draenei being the main leader of the Alliance. I don't even play Alliance, and that still wouldn't sit well with me.
    Actually out of all the alliance races I'm pretty sure the humans would be considered the "lesser" race.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokaproductionist View Post
    Murlocs that we're backed by a naga sea witch. So not just any murlocs.
    5.5 Spoiler. Garrosh booby trapped entire orgrimmar with traps that release thousands of murlocs. Vol'jin will die by being MRGLLGRLGLLG to death.

Deleted
    cmon guys u all knew this was gonna happen when they gave vol'jin a new model and did nothing to the others :P

Quote Originally Posted by Melsiren View Post
    Their tribe was almost wiped out by a Sea-Witch with Naga/Murloc lackeys, this same group killed a bunch of Kul'Tiras soldiers.

Your comparison of farmers vs murlocs is like me saying "My level 1 can kill a peon, obviously he can kill Garrosh!". Game level =/= Power level.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What can Vol'Jin bring to the table? He'll be the same as Thrall but more of an unbearable dick. Why is Thrall following him?

Whats lost in all of this is how epic it would have been if you replaced voljin with basic campfire in the cinematic. Imagine thrall talking to the fire and the fire saying I speak for the horde. Blizz missed out on a truly great opportunity here. Oh well, there's always next year. Basic Campfire 2014!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lbgr View Post
    Lol-ing at how much racial hatred there is in wow, and how similar it is to the real world.
    You're really surprised about that in a game that started out as Orcs vs Humans and has various races to choose from? It's part of the game, and it has been for a long time. Don't be so sensitive.

It is lame even varian looking at thrall want to say "wtf thrall you give me another lame warchief cmon dude!"
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    What can Vol'Jin bring to the table? He'll be the same as Thrall but more of an unbearable dick. Why is Thrall following him?
    he's going to be doing exactly what Thrall would be doing, its obvious.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Lbgr View Post
    Lol-ing at how much racial hatred there is in wow, and how similar it is to the real world.
    naga stole my bike

10+ Year Old Account
    Edinburgh, Scotland. You know, that place with the castle.
    "Vol'Jin is Warchief? But it has to be an Orc! What is Blizz playing at, there's so many better choices"
    "Lor'themar is Warchief? I don't want no girly belf leading the horde lol"
    "Thrall is Warchief? Lol gg Blizzard giving us same stupid Warchief that gave us Garrosh, makes no sense"
    "Baine is Warchief? Lol we've barely seen him compared to the rest, he doesn't deserve it"
    "Saurfang is Warchief? Lol he's too old and had no build up, stupid choice blizz"

No matter who was chosen, there was always going to be huge amounts of qq.

I love it mainly as an alliance player but also as an if-horde-then-troll player. I stopped my WoW hiatus to get the Darkspear Revolutionary title on my troll alt before it was gone - so I can really only be happy.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stuartj1992 View Post
    No matter who was chosen, there was always going to be huge amounts of qq.
    Welp, it's the community. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    Vol'jin Warchief? The same guy that sat his lazy ass out due to "injuries" while I went on quests to obtain the Divine Bell and all this other shit while he sent mail: "I'll let you handle this one, II need me rest" Useless prick. If there's no glory given back to the Orcs that didn't blindly follow Garrosh then Alliance will be my faction of choice.
    Yeah those "injuries" were being stabbed in the throat with poison, it would be really stupid if that didn't put him on hiatus for a bit. God damn! So many people whining over this. Vol'Jin makes perfect sense.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post

Because Blizzard sucks at storytelling and instead of putting in charge our true Warchief they are making another attempt of forcing another Warchief into us.

They didnt learn with Garrosh.
    Thrall always was, is, and will be my true Warchief. Garrosh and Vol'jin werent/arent.