Poll: Your thoughts

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I think considering how some of the developers have boasted about how the franchise is and always will be 'orcs vs humans', this is just another piece of bullshit thrown this way. And considering how humans are now the defacto race of the alliance, with its high king, pissed off psycho mage ruler, and prince pussy, its hard to listen to people saying 'the franchise needs to split away from the orcs vs humans aspect!', when clearly they are not splitting away from it with humans being in charge.

As a result of whats happened with Varian, Jaina and Anduin in charge, and now trolls representing the horde.. its change the franchise, its now trolls vs humans.
    Stop being delusional, the focus has shifted away from Orcs vs Humans. This is bloody obvious for the Horde at the moment, patch 5.2 and 5.3 should have hammered this home, the Alliance still has problems with being human centric yes, and this needs to change. The Horde storyline has taken the first steps on this path.

Just because the Warchief is not a Orc doesn't mean that they will not have a strong presence in the story, I can guarantee you that Orc NPC's will still be plenty active in expansions to come.

Hopefully we will have Goblins, Elves and Trolls right their alongside them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    Stop being delusional, the focus has shifted away from Orcs vs Humans. This is bloody obvious, the Alliance still has problems with being human centric and this needs to change. The Horde storyline has taken the first steps on this path.

Just because the Warchief is not a Orc doesn't mean that they will not have a strong presence in the story, I can guarantee you that Orc NPC's will still be plenty active in expansions to come.

Hopefully we will have Goblins, Elves and Trolls right their alongside them.
    Ah bit, it hasn't changed has it? Infact the alliance has become represented by humans more then every, with Varian being everywhere and doing everything.
    Thats not a delusion, thats actually whats happening.
    #boycottchina

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    No longer proud to be horde, Basic campfire would have been better

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Ah bit, it hasn't changed has it? Infact the alliance has become represented by humans more then every, with Varian being everywhere and doing everything.
    Thats not a delusion, thats actually whats happening.
    And that's a problem with the Alliance, not the Horde.

The Horde is the one that's getting better development here, having other races get some of the spotlight is not a bad thing.

Deleted
    I don't understand the "it must always be an orc because it always was always an orc before" argument.

Just because something was does not mean it always must be. You can say that it's the heart of the franchise all you want, but the franchise evolves and becomes something different, maybe Blizzard wants to move away from making the orcs the centre of the horde. You can dislike it if you want, but it will remain the same, some people need to move on if it bothers them so much.

I am Horde and I love it. Tho I am a bit disappointed because of the lack of imagination in Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haytham View Post
    I don't hate Vol'jin. But they made the most obvious and lame choice they could make.

Not impressed at all,was expecting something more interesting.
    my feelings about this

As a troll i like this.

Yah... pretty lame. I mean considering the history of the Horde for Thrall to just be all "Yeah man, because you led a resistance against Garrosh you're a better man than me.. who formed the Horde, led us through the crushing of Kael'Thas and Illidan, dethroned the Lich King, and was the only mortal capable of aiding in Deathwing's destruction.... I'll follow you anywhere Goose." This would've made more sense if Thrall was either dead or gone somewhere doing the epic stuff he does- but not this way. To be honest the only one worse suited for warchief was Baine due to lack of experience. Personally I was hoping for Thrall back, and if not him Sylvannas because she'd make $hit interesting, and if not her some wildball person like Gamon, Wraithion, or Hogger.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    I don't understand the "it must always be an orc because it always was always an orc before" argument.
    It's even more funny when you realize that the Warchief title has only existed for 60 or so years, and has only had four people in the seat (Blackhand, Doomhammer, Thrall, and Garrosh). That's if you don't count the "false" Warchiefs like Rend and Kargath. That's not exactly a huge amount of people to set a "orc only!" pattern with. It's just orcs were the race that founded the title so obviously they would be the ones with it until the Horde became more of a brotherhood as it is now.

It's not even like the orcs would refuse to follow a non-orc, because back on Draenor two orcish clans came to be lead by Ogre Chieftains. Mogor of the Laughing Skull and Cho'gall of the Twilight's Hammer.

It's even more funny when you realize that the Warchief title has only existed for 60 or so years, and has only had four people in the seat (Blackhand, Doomhammer, Thrall, and Garrosh). That's if you don't count the "false" Warchiefs like Rend and Kargath. That's not exactly a huge amount of people to set a "orc only!" pattern with. It's just orcs were the race that founded the title so obviously they would be the ones with it until the Horde became more of a brotherhood as it is now.
    "False" warchief are not the right words. The story is explained from the view point of the winners, so the losers always had the "wrong" king, or the "false" warchief.
    The had the same rights like Thrall to be the warchief. But Thrall won the war, so the others are "false".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    Horde =/= Orcs

What you want is WC1 Orcs vs Humans. There are 13 playable races not 2. There is no reason why Voljin would not be a badass leader more so than Thrall or anyone else would have been.

Moral of the Story is....Troll the master race
    I ask myself if the tables were flipped and for some reason the leader of the alliance became a gnome would the alliance players be ok with it. Hell no, there would be so much qq on the forums.
    "Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?"
    "That is the only time a man can be brave."
    -Lord Eddard Stark

The same guy that sat his lazy ass out due to "injuries"
    Lazy ass? Vol'jin got stabbed in the neck with a poison coated dagger...
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

I just love how people say "I expected someone more interesting. Boring and obvious choice."

Who would it be, then? People expected the following:

1. Vol'jin
    2. Thrall
    3. Sayrfang
    4. Lor'Themar

If it wasn't any of those, it wouldn't have made any sense. If it was (and is) one of those, people would complain about it being too obvious.

It doesn't matter if you love Vol'jin or hate him, but he was the only choice according to the story that made any sense based on development. Maybe Thrall, but there might even be a vocal MAJORITY against it, if that was the case. Invalidating all the lore from the past two years? Amazing idea!...wait.

I was gonna be the new Warchief but I was unsubbed, so they chose a different kind of Troll.

Where's the "I'm Alliance and I don't care" option?

Well, here's hoping Vol'jin ends up being better than his predecessors, Thrall included.

My main is a troll and I love trolls! I also love Vol'jin! I think he was a great choice as he represented the Horde and playerbase (Hordeside) in their fight against Garrosh. Sure the other leaders helped, but Vol'jin was always at the forefront. Even since the troll patch where we took over the troll leveling area. So overall I think he was the perfect choice for warchief... if they wanted to play it safe.0

They COULD have had a much more unique outcome to the whole thing, other than just a simple, Thrall: "Hey Vol'jin, you did well, you're warchief now" Voljin: "I'm not worthy.... but I WILL!!!!" It would have been interesting to see a council instead, I'm sure there are even better ideas, but I think blizz played it safe with their choice, it was too predictable.

But for the stories purpose, I think it works so who cares!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yuca247 View Post
    I ask myself if the tables were flipped and for some reason the leader of the alliance became a gnome would the alliance players be ok with it. Hell no, there would be so much qq on the forums.
    If it made sense, if the gnome had been right all along when he said at the beginning "Putting this jerk in charge is a BAD IDEA, man," had been the one to demonstrate some damn leadership and get other racial leaders to get off their collective butts and DO something, had held the rest of the Alliance together and led a freaking rebellion against a human who wanted to pretty much exterminate everything that wasn't a human... Y'know what? I'd be 100% okay with that gnome as leader of the Alliance.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by Miralynn View Post
    If it made sense, if the gnome had been right all along when he said at the beginning "Putting this jerk in charge is a BAD IDEA, man," had been the one to demonstrate some damn leadership and get other racial leaders to get off their collective butts and DO something, had held the rest of the Alliance together and led a freaking rebellion against a human who wanted to pretty much exterminate everything that wasn't a human... Y'know what? I'd be 100% okay with that gnome as leader of the Alliance.
    Yeah. Comparing Vol'jin to Mekkatorque just shows how little somebody is actually paying attention or cares. Vol'jin's been a very proactive force in the MoP storyline. It's also difficult to compare Mekkatorque and Vol'jin, even if they did exactly the same things this xpac, because of the history Vol'jin has, versus Mekkatorque's...less grand one. Vol'jin's got that WC3 Horde cred.

I agree OP choice was horrible freaking vol'jin i feel like devs trolled us, siege pretty cool for alliance for horde it's haha you get vol'jin!