Poll: Your thoughts

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by madokbro View Post

However, it does not take a geek to figure out between the giant gap between Trolls and Orcs of Azeroth. As I 've said before, the whole concept of a pothead blue savage(I've not known anyone to not recognize the idea at least fresh and entertaining) being the face of an organization that is essential to both gameplay and lore, is way better than the generic "orc" that haunted fantasy literature since Tolkien, I mean come on.
    Like I say, you obviously have a hatred for orcs that extend to the point of you not willing to accept what they've meant to the story, there longevity, or how they just got raped in the story by the writers, despite making this horde that vol'in has just taken power over.
    #boycottchina

15+ Year Old Account
    Alliance hates our warchief less then we do, lol.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xecks View Post
    i picked im alliance and i like it.
    i like him . so many possibilities. gl with your new wc guys . maybe now alliance will get a good story!
    You won the war and a human is still your king, no disrespect intended, but your story is already pretty damned good compared to ours.

Don't you think you are forcing it? Elves being depicted as cannibalistic forest primitives, with a Jamaican influence? Well, I guess that's where the term high Elf comes from.
    "Creative" parts of the Warcraft story is restricted to elements such as the conflict between Magic and Technology, interactions between severely different sentient species and so on. Generic fantasy part, Orcs, Trolls, Humans and Elves, that was the majority of the playerbase felt familiar with, and I never said any of that was strong or creative story making.
    Considering the fact that the Trolls were originally depicted as barbaric forest dwellers, counterparts to the Elves, an ancient race, more agile and less thick than your average Orc, I don't think it's too much of a stretch. It's similar to how Goblins function as the greenskins counterpart to the Dwarves and Gnomes with their love for engineering and technology.

However, it does not take a geek to figure out between the giant gap between Trolls and Orcs of Azeroth. As I 've said before, the whole concept of a pothead blue savage(I've not known anyone to not recognize the idea at least fresh and entertaining) being the face of an organization that is essential to both gameplay and lore, is way better than the generic "orc" that haunted fantasy literature since Tolkien, I mean come on.
    It might have not been done before to the extent that it has in Warcraft, but to classify Warcraft's Orcs as "generic" is beyond ignorant. I mean you're telling me that Blizzard Orcs, which are often credited for being the first Orcs portrayed in a positive light are on the level of Warhammer's parody of Soccer Hooligans, or Tolkiens Orcs? I don't think so.

Also, with there's only so many "Fresh" avenues to go down with your "entertaining" Blue Pot Head Savages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    because most of them are getting a laugh out of it.
    #boycottchina

heh more horde like it than hate it in the poll. guess the horde are liking it too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    because most of them are getting a laugh out of it.
    Varian: And then he says "I speak for Da Horde" and I thought, "That would imply you can speak at all!"
    *Genn, Danath, Jaina, Varian, Tyrande, Malfurion, Gelbin, Muradin, Moira, Falstad, Kurdran, Velen, Nobundo, and Vereesa Laugh in unison*
    - - - Updated - - -

heh more horde like it than hate it in the poll. guess the horde are liking it too.
    I wouldn't trust polls with things like this, how many lore ignorant posters do you think voted? What about the people who disregard Vol'jin's poor track record because "Muh Change" and "Muh Trolls".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post

It might have not been done before to the extent that it has in Warcraft, but to classify Warcraft's Orcs as "generic" is beyond ignorant. I mean you're telling me that Blizzard Orcs, which are often credited for being the first Orcs portrayed in a positive light are on the level of Warhammer's parody of Soccer Hooligans, or Tolkiens Orcs? I don't think so.
    This is why I find myself not able to get into any other genre where orcs exist in it. lord of the rings? there evil. Warhammer? as you say football hooligans and derpy. Allods online? There russian orcs from the kremlin. Neverwinter? again, tolkein type orcs, and half breed orcs which just feels cheap.

Warcraft is the only franchise to get orcs right, to show them as people, and as I said previous, because of them being unlike any other orcs in any other franchise, they worked perfect as the example to represent the horde. The horde began with orcs, its always been orcs, and having some punks with a hang up against orcs because its not there fav race claim 'its time for change' is just rubbing salt in the wounds this story has made them into now.

Its sick to say, but I'm not looking to the future, thinking when Vol'jin is either killed ro removed from power, and with hope, an orc with some mantle taking the horde again, and leading it as it was meant to be, orcs leading by example, defending the horde, well humans do the same for the alliance.

- - - Updated - - -

alliance fanboys posing as horde. if you go over to the offical wow forums, your see the majority of those saying they like the idea, are alliance players, making claim they know whats right for the horde, which having alliance say whats best for it, well piss on my grave, lets have americans decide on whats best for the middle east too.

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't trust polls with things like this, how many lore ignorant posters do you think voted? What about the people who disregard Vol'jin's poor track record because "Muh Change" and "Muh Trolls".
    exactly, when change comes people don't care what it is, just because it new it must be good to them.
    #boycottchina

Guess it's time for all the Hordies to have a whinefest about their story Should us Alliance show them the same courtesy they showed us when the Alliance were upset about their storylines? Remember all those *Why are Alliance such whiners?* threads? lol.

Orcs are still there, they haven't been shafted out the game, they are just giving some other races some airtime, Thrall recognizes Vol'jins potential leadership qualities, lets wait and see what they do next

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    Guess it's time for all the Hordies to have a whinefest about their story Should us Alliance show them the same courtesy they showed us when the Alliance were upset about their storylines? Remember all those *Why are Alliance such whiners?* threads? lol.

Orcs are still there, they haven't been shafted out the game, they are just giving some other races some airtime, Thrall recognizes Vol'jins potential leadership qualities, lets wait and see what they do next
    Difference between this situation and the alliances, alliance where needlessly whining, constantly, despite there faction not having lost face with itself over the course of events. You notice how the alliance didn't have anything even remotely interesting to complain about itself before all this, and then there excuse for complaining came from how horde got some attention? yeah, thats what there whining was.
    And what happens at the end of 5.4, oh thats right, the alliance is still the same as it was before, it hasn't changed face, and you get to walk off gloating that the horde does loose face with itself, well yours is firmly stuck doing what its always doing.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    most of the hate is coming from die hard orc fanatics who can't fathom the idea of their race not being the main characters of the Horde cast anymore.

I'm tired of the orcs. Their constant struggle with not being mauraiding idiots is to the detriment of every other race forced to tag along with them. teaching the orcs not to be evil every expansion is just boring. hopefully Vol'jin and thrall knock some sense into them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by High Priestess Ishanah View Post
    most of the hate is coming from die hard orc fanatics who can't fathom the idea of their race not being the main characters of the Horde cast anymore.

I'm tired of the orcs. Their constant struggle with not being mauraiding idiots is to the detriment of every other race forced to tag along with them. teaching the orcs not to be evil every expansion is just boring. hopefully Vol'jin and thrall knock some sense into them.
    and THAT sums up your post in one. you hate orcs, so you want them to be cast adrift. Hey, I hate humans in wow too, there boring and full of themselves, but I wouldn't ask blizzard to f**k up the story and have a night elf rule over humans for some giggles.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    We don't hate the Warchief, the poll shows vast majority of people like it. Just a few loud voices in the thread having a whine for the sake of whining.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Difference between this situation and the alliances, alliance where needlessly whining, constantly, despite there faction not having lost face with itself over the course of events. You notice how the alliance didn't have anything even remotely interesting to complain about itself before all this, and then there excuse for complaining came from how horde got some attention? yeah, thats what there whining was.
    And what happens at the end of 5.4, oh thats right, the alliance is still the same as it was before, it hasn't changed face, and you get to walk off gloating that the horde does loose face with itself, well yours is firmly stuck doing what its always doing.
    Um Jaina has changed, pretty drastically wouldn't you say? Your warchief has been a big git over the whole expansion, and has been pretty much main focus for the story, your getting a new warchief that is sure to take the hordes story even further, I mean its a huge change, not only a new warchief, but a non Orc warchief, I'd love to have a similar story arc going on Alliance side.

Whining is whining regardless, each side believes they have a reason to be upset about something, your reason isn't anymore important or worthy, than that of an Alliance player that has issues with their factions story.

You need to take your blinders off. Yes orcs are a huge part of Warcraft, yes Humans and Orcs were the founders of Warcraft, but it's been over 10 years now, keeping things the same just because *it's always been that way* is as boring as a story could be. I want to see other races get more development, Vol'jin hopefully is a start. We don't know whats going to happen next, for all you know your orcs could be a major plotline in the near future, then all your bitching about how its all *trolls v humans* now would be in vain.

How about you give Vol'jin a chance to show he's a capable leader, I think he's already shown his potential, but at least in your eyes, give him a chance? Everyone deserves a chance, and he surely cannot be any worse than Garrosh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the difference here is that, we already knew the outcome of MoP generally speaking, The Alliance was going to win the war, the Horde was going to crumble on itself, just like the second war, they were going to get their little victories. Also the Alliance is still being led by a human count yourselves lucky.

For me personally, there is nowhere interesting they can go with Vol'jin, I've never liked the character to be honest, the thought of an Orcish organization being run by a non-orc was bad enough, having the guy with terrible credentials leading it? My worst nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by High Priestess Ishanah View Post

Nice Draenei avatar, did you know that Draenei are members of the Alliance? And because of that your opinion to what the Horde should and shouldn't be is irrelevant?

Nice Draenei avatar, did you know that Draenei are members of the Alliance? And because of that your opinion to what the Horde should and shouldn't be is irrelevant?
    Could we just get this fucking clown a ban or something? Pretty please?

Deleted
    and THAT sums up your post in one. you hate orcs, so you want them to be cast adrift. Hey, I hate humans in wow too, there boring and full of themselves, but I wouldn't ask blizzard to f**k up the story and have a night elf rule over humans for some giggles.
    I liked the orcs before Mop.

Mop proved true every single complaint people have had with Orcs since.. ever. They do not deserve to rule the horde. They cant keep themselves in check without a human raised Orc to tell them how stupid their warmongering is.

whats funny though is how this means nothing. orcs will still be the main characters of the horde, they just won't have the power to rampage around and be monsters anymore. Why is this BAD? shouldnt you LIKE this development, having a warchief who won't LET the orcs turn evil again?

I have horde toons too. Why does me liking the draenei mean i can't have an opinion on the story?

orcs have fucked up leading the horde. Garrosh only got as far as he did because of the HUGE support he had from the orcs, right from the start and right to the end. Its called the Darkspear rebellion for a reason, not the orc rebellion.

even in the rebellion, we had TWO orcs who opposed him. 3 with eitrigg.

it's just sad. How many redemptions do the Orcs need? When will they learn their lesson?
    Last edited by mmoc18d08bc01e; 2013-09-14 at 04:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

For me personally, there is nowhere interesting they can go with Vol'jin, I've never liked the character to be honest, the thought of an Orcish organization being run by a non-orc was bad enough, having the guy with terrible credentials leading it? My worst nightmare.
    pretty much. the orcs can't go anywhere well vol'jin leads the horde, it feels like the death in the franchise.
    #boycottchina

Oh come on, surely you can see that this is a ridiculous thing to say. Just because someone plays mainly one faction doesn't mean they aren't invested in the whole storyline for both factions, or that their opinion is irrelevant, think about what you are saying...

Yay Vol'jin! When they first announced there would be a new Warchief I told people it would be Vol'jin (mostly as a joke, cuz most people know how much I love trolls). However, as the expack progress I must admit I'm kinda sad they didn't go with Lor'themar. I didn't realize how cool he was until just recently, I hope Lor'themar keeps a more prominent place in game-play from here on out >_>

Sylvanas should've taken The throne. She is ruthless yet protective. She would've done an amazing job. I hope the war on Gilneas they hinted, she becomes an even bigger part of the horde.