Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds to me like someone made a little stinky and needs their diaper changed. Grow up ya bitch. No one should care what happens to anyone else, if it doesn't affect you. If you have this delusion that Blizzard implementing a catch up system for alts somehow affects you, maybe you need to step away from the game for a little and realize you're part of the world; not the center of it.

I heavily dislike the Isle, and i probably will just not return there regularly considering how empty and uninteresting it is. Ganking same faction with the agony thing gets old fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno. I'm spending about 10-15 minutes between finding these stupid chests, and only about 1 in every 5 has an epic in it. So far I've only managed to roll 3 good items for my main out of the 11 or so I've rolled for him, and I've picked up only 1-2 pieces for 2 of my alts.

All of my chars were in the 450 Contender's crafted PvP gear lol, so this stuff is a definite upgrade. I haven't been playing much at all this expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by ManOluck View Post
    Blizzard has reached an all time low with this "catch up" mechanic. Some people may like the fact that you can get 10-20 "epics" an hour on the timeless isle and gear your alts but really do you feel like you earned anything? Do you have any sense of accomplishment?

The timeless isle feels more like fast food than actual content. Sure it filled that hunger to gear your characters but after you're done the process in as little as an hour or 2 whats next for you? Obviously you're not going to pursue normal modes you missed out on with your alts, no... you need the gear now to get into the next LFR.....

So by all means run around the little island( that looks like it was made in an afternoon at Blizzard HQ with some editor) and get your "epics" that should be coloured grey/green considering they are rediculasly common (dont believe me? check out the price of sha crystals on your server)

anyway the Isle will get boring fast when people realize fast food content isn't good for the game.

Quality over quantity.
    Sha crystals are being consumed faster than they are gained - the rate of gain is no different than when a 5man dungeon with epics comes out. In fact it may be even less.

Also I farmed for something like 3 hours and got about 4-5 epics. Maybe others are mowing through mobs faster I dunno, but 10-20 seems rather high, especially for gear that generally is just ilevel boosting for unused alts. ToT LFR gear is way better.

Quote Originally Posted by Gegan View Post
    The time it's going to take someone to do that for every available item slot isn't going to be something you see hardly anyone bother with.
    I got 2 burdens on my 515 ilvl alt already. You just need to loot the Blazing chest once for 1 guaranteed and gamble with kukuru chests for more burdens. I agree that getting full 535 item level set in less than 1-2 months is unrealistic so the complaining here really isn't warranted.
    Last edited by Cybran; 2013-09-13 at 07:37 AM.

Deleted
    its just shit content to last us for 12 months like SOO will. then blizz will say we have lots to do for the next 12 months like gearing alts, boring proving grounds and 1 raid. oh the joy... sad really what blizz have resorted too.... why is it so important to gear alts all of a sudden????????

Deleted
    Omg they are handing out poorly itemized 496 gear.
    Sky falling.

Run for the hills.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I have loved this. With 6 90s, I can now start to enjoy end game content on my alts and play to enjoy. I welcome this isle and its methods. Bow to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Spock View Post
    TL;DR: I earned my epics the long and painful way THEREFORE YOU SHOULD ALL DO THAT TO OMG HOW DARE THEY.

It's the end of the x-pack, it's catch up time, what difference does it make?
    Lol it is not. End of xpac - at least 6.0 patch.
    I dislike Blizzard system "epics to everyone", but this is even more nonsence. I was able to get my fresh 90 DK with 498 ilvl in just 2 days in 5.3, and it will be even more easier now.
    I liked old system - at least from WotLK - you gearing in greens at first, then blues, then probbaly epics.
    Srsly there is no sence of accomplishment now.

Quote Originally Posted by ssviolett View Post
    Lol it is not. End of xpac - at least 6.0 patch.
    I dislike Blizzard system "epics to everyone", but this is even more nonsence. I was able to get my fresh 90 DK with 498 ilvl in just 2 days in 5.3, and it will be even more easier now.
    I liked old system - at least from WotLK - you gearing in greens at first, then blues, then probbaly epics.
    Srsly there is no sence of accomplishment now.
    Not really different from what you could do before 5.4, I managed to get my druid alt to 496 ilvl by 2 days of spamming arena as it was the fastest means to get good gear for pve thanks to conquest catchup. Now with isle you can get pve gear by doing pve (exploring and clicking is pve i guess :P).
    Isle is not really different from whatever catchup was available before , when throne of thunder was current it was dropping 522 loot and next best and easiest to get gear was the honor gear by jp>hp conversion from dungeon farm and it was 476 , approximately 50 ilvls behind. Now its not a convoluted and complex route, just plonk your main/alt on isle and participate in group activities.
    Another plus side is , it has encouraged altoholics like me to get the alts stuck at <90 lvls to 90 and start raiding on them , as i know now i can hit 90 , get 496 set and queue for SoO lfr or do ToT pugs.
    Playing subtlety is like ballroom dancing, just that there is an ugly monster between you and your partner (tank).
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...traws/advanced

Deleted
    I thought that LFR was the happy medium for people wishing to return to BC and people that like catch-up mechanisms.
    Now they've removed the (need to do) first tier of LFR. Not sure I like this; it was such a great tier too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't feel like I accomplished anything, because I didn't need any of them. 496's? I have nothing below 502. And even for my alts maybe I'll use one or two but they are pretty terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    I'm torn. On one hand the island is something new. On the other hand the island is a cheap catch up. Cheap compared to new 5 mans.
    Exactly but everyone is happy because they are getting so much gear. I was just running around there without a clue and already have 12 epics without trying.

I'm curious if everyone still thinks this is great content in a month. Even if you have 10 alts you can be done in a week. You will also be skipping everything with your alts. No heroic dungeons, no scenarios, no LFR. You do Timeless Isle for a few evenings and then SoO LFR. Have fun farming SoO LFR for 6 months (also with players who have no clue how to play their class because they skipped everything).

It's indeed also quite cheap. It looks creative and new but they reused models on almost everything and let's be honest the island doesn't look breathtaking or anything it's just a forest and a bridge (not anything like when you fly over pandaria and see the good looking palaces and buildings etc.).
    I'm not impressed but the epics keep me going a little but I think I will be done with it very fast.

I also finished proving grounds gold in one go. Looks like some fun, bit of a challenge. I think a lot of players will find it very challenging. I will try endless mode this weekend see how far I can get.

The celestial protectors were also way too easy. Much easier than I expected. I invited some people at 1:00 AM last night through general chat and thought we would need at least 20-25 people. We did it with 10-15 and one tank and one healer (me in dps gear ilvl 508). I got tier legs, thanks! lol
    Catching up oke. Casual playstyle sure. But a world boss getting one shotted by a few randoms, without knowing anything about him and doing it with barely a decent group... that has nothing to do with a casual playstyle or catching up. Like previous world bosses weren't easy enough? (And what's up with graveyards being 2 meters away from these bosses? God.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sabtheshaman View Post
    Just stop playing now, and shut the hell up.

I don't feel the need to "earn" anything in this video game that I PAY for. Blizzard has earned my money by giving me something to do.

Now, as I started saying about, if you don't like it, don't play it. Go play another game. Go cry in a corner. But stop bitching like a little girl who didn't get the right color car from her parents on her 16th birthday.

INB4 "you mad bro"
    Nice how you get so angry because someone else has a different opinion. Then indirectly accuse him for being childish and then type "INB4 "you mad bro" yourself.
    Last edited by Gilian; 2013-09-13 at 08:55 AM.

You can get 535 items, vanity items, SoO ilvl items from the Celestials and Ordos.

Quote Originally Posted by straws View Post
    Not really different from what you could do before 5.4, I managed to get my druid alt to 496 ilvl by 2 days of spamming arena as it was the fastest means to get good gear for pve thanks to conquest catchup. Now with isle you can get pve gear by doing pve (exploring and clicking is pve i guess :P).
    Isle is not really different from whatever catchup was available before , when throne of thunder was current it was dropping 522 loot and next best and easiest to get gear was the honor gear by jp>hp conversion from dungeon farm and it was 476 , approximately 50 ilvls behind. Now its not a convoluted and complex route, just plonk your main/alt on isle and participate in group activities.
    Another plus side is , it has encouraged altoholics like me to get the alts stuck at <90 lvls to 90 and start raiding on them , as i know now i can hit 90 , get 496 set and queue for SoO lfr or do ToT pugs.
    Claiming it is no different than before is really ridiculous. Open your eyes.

Deleted
    Really?

This much hate for 489 epics?

489 epics are like 430 blues in 5.0.

They are 64 ilvls behind normal raid gear.

Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    I thought that LFR was the happy medium for people wishing to return to BC and people that like catch-up mechanisms.
    Now they've removed the (need to do) first tier of LFR. Not sure I like this; it was such a great tier too.
    Probably because LFR didn't turn out to be as much fun as they thought. They also removed the need to do ToT LFR. You need ilvl 496 for SoO (which you get on timeless isle) and they let all legendary quest items drop from SoO for a reason too.

Deleted
    I don't get the drama. The gear is abysmal most of the time. So far I've got 1 usable cloak for my twink out of approximately 5 or 6 cloak tries. The random stats are almost always crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    My only complaint is that the epics are disenchantable.
    Oh wow.

I guess those enchanting mats must be worth jackshit by now eh...
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Gecko View Post
    Better mechanic than adding some more boring 5-man loot corridors. Anything that gets people to keep coming to the island is good. I've had a great time just roaming around killing people.
    Precisely. Better an Isle with a hundred people on it than the same boring five-mans over and over and over again.