Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ...
    I'm against everyone seeing everything with no effort, but this really isn't bad at all. Like everyone has said, it's only 496 gear. You can get better gear from LFR ToT. Not to mention weapons don't even drop. Best you can do is a 476 for like 50k Timeless coins, which is a good chunk. You can get a better one from T14 LFR. They didn't even add a valor vendor for current tier normal gear.

The 496 drops are perfectly reasonable. I do think they could have made the drop rate a bit lower, but the stats can also completely suck, or you get an item not in your armor class, so it sort of evens out. They shouldn't be disenchantable though.

I feel the entire opposite of the OP, I have a will to actually level my alts knowing I can actually gear them now without the same old LFR BS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Why not just hand out a full set of epics as soon as you long in then? It's the end of the expansion, what difference does it make?

This game, by it's very nature, is a carrot on a stick rewards based game. The design is, you put in a little work, you get a reward that makes you feel stronger, then you keep chasing that carrot to the next level. Timeless isle, and catch up mechanics in general, essentially chomp that carrot for you, leaving you with a carrot top on a stick. You only have a little bit left to go for now, not a whole carrot, or expansions, worth of content to explore. It trivializes all the older content from the expansion in the name of ease and laziness.
    Let me know how these epics work for you when doing a ToT or SoO normal, k? I have a feeling that the Thunder King and Garrosh will be serving cold pints of STFU on tap. You... ever notice the BTA tagline on these weapon and armor drops, btw? The randomly dropped loot isn't for your main unless you get a burden of eternity. Timeless is for flavor items, the new Sha/Nalak (Celestials) the new Gall/Oon (Ordos) questers, mount collectors, BIG TIME for pet collectors, people looking for fun toy items to mess around with, people looking to gear alts, people looking for challenging group content (Sanctuary) etc etc etc.

It is obviously not for leetist snobs who think Blizzards works solely for THEM. You don't like it? Then go to farm the new cooking mats in Vale of Eternal blossoms and figure out what they are for... cause like I'm stumped. Yet I still gather them >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Or you can get one for 500 coins from the collectors chests. That's where I've gotten mine, fairly good drop rate and more often then not you get the coins back if you dont get one.
    I dumped 30k+ coins into the chests, and only got one pet (was going for), and some 496 BoAs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taurous View Post
    I don't feel like I accomplished anything, because I didn't need any of them. 496's? I have nothing below 502. And even for my alts maybe I'll use one or two but they are pretty terrible.
    So when you hit 90 on one of your alts, you will use questing greens instead of 496 gear? Wow...

Quote Originally Posted by ManOluck View Post
    Blizzard has reached an all time low with this "catch up" mechanic. Some people may like the fact that you can get 10-20 "epics" an hour on the timeless isle and gear your alts but really do you feel like you earned anything? Do you have any sense of accomplishment?

The timeless isle feels more like fast food than actual content. Sure it filled that hunger to gear your characters but after you're done the process in as little as an hour or 2 whats next for you? Obviously you're not going to pursue normal modes you missed out on with your alts, no... you need the gear now to get into the next LFR.....

So by all means run around the little island( that looks like it was made in an afternoon at Blizzard HQ with some editor) and get your "epics" that should be coloured grey/green considering they are rediculasly common (dont believe me? check out the price of sha crystals on your server)

anyway the Isle will get boring fast when people realize fast food content isn't good for the game.

Quality over quantity.
    Wow, people just bitch and bitch and bitch. I thought to myself the other night, "damn this place is fun, how can anyone complain." But then I remembered its WoW and someone always does.....about everything.

I honestly think the Timless Isle is one of their best ideas yet! Not so much about the gear, my guy out geared all the pieces for the mist part but the 535s, but the experience is. It feels unsafe and like an Isle were we arent all powerful. It has more difficulty to it which is something almost everyone has wanted for years, you dont just go in and mow down all the npc's in 2 seconds. There is some actual fight to it and the storyline and gear are just bonuses. Plus there is way more to do then just the quests and killing npc's, like the pet battles and Celestial fights.

I swear people will just ALWAYS find a way to bitch.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the Timeless Isle. Best quest hub since Isle of Quel'danas. Shit is good, who cares about loot drops, and how fast/slow other people are gearing their alts? That seems really petty.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    People whined about how gearing up in MoP was hard in the beginning so blizz made it easier. Now since they've made it easier people still whine? Please learn that this is a game for every type of player and not just aimed at the hardcore players or casual (well maybe its aimed more at casuals due to the market) but really its the end of the expansion and 496 gear gets you nowhere near normal mode SoO.

Do I learn anything in LFR too? oh wait I do.....

Rule of LFR
    1) Find the fastest way to die
    2) Die
    3) AFK rest of encounter
    4) Free Epic
    5) Make excuse you didn't get healed, tank lost argo, you are new to the encounter, or "he didn't do that last time"

Bonus rule
    6) If you get Brez, DON'T ACCEPT
    Last edited by Kioshi; 2013-09-13 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
    Do I learn anything in LFR too? oh wait I do.....

Rule of LFR
    1) Find the fastest way to die
    2) Die
    3) AFK rest of encounter
    4) Free Epic
    5) Make excuse you didn't get healed, tank lost argo, you are new to the encounter, or "he didn't do that last time"
    I always try and stay alive and max the deeps/heals charts in LFR. Champion of the scrubs! Most hardcore casual player evar.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Or you can get one for 500 coins from the collectors chests. That's where I've gotten mine, fairly good drop rate and more often then not you get the coins back if you dont get one.
    They just nerfed the drop rate from Kukuru's chests, in a hotfix.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

My only concern is the devaluation of Sha Crystals. I think item-generated equipment should be unable to be disenchanted.

Other than that, what's wrong with a quick catch-up this late in the expansion? The gear generated is, more often than not, itemized for shit. I tried making some empowered gloves because I thought I might get some 535 gloves to replace my 530 valor gloves with hit on them, and of course I ended up with a set of gloves with 1200+ hit and no secondary. Not exactly top of the line. Other than meta slot for helms, does this gear even ever have gem slots?

Also, ToT (even LFR), Conquest, and Valor gear are all still higher ilvl. Really don't see the problem, again other than the flood of Sha Crystals on the AH. (Which is arguably not a problem, at least to some people... I'm biased as an enchanter, who made a lot of money off of Sha Crystals and some enchants that used them.)
    Last edited by hablix; 2013-09-13 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hablix View Post
    My only concern is the devaluation of Sha Crystals. I think item-generated equipment should be unable to be disenchanted.
    The devaluation of enchanting mats is new a new phenomenon. I remember shelling out over a thousand gold for abyss crystals in WotLK only to watch them plummet to less than 100g by expansion's end. Maelstrom crystals were the same way. They started out at 3k+ apiece and by the end of the expansion were selling for about 200g each.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why must people complain about how other people get gear?
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    Why must people complain about how other people get gear?
    Because our keyboards all lack a 'punch target in nose' button.