Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Please tell me you're joking, last I checked those classes can't turn invisible, so if you see them coming up the hill, you've got time to turn your censor on.
    Pretty sure he's talking about competing for a killing blow against other classes also attacking the same target.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    As for shamen totems - I wasn't getting coins for that few days ago. My gf turned pvp on, I used censer of agony and hit her totem. No coin. So either I did something wrong (?) or it was fixed at least 4 days ago.
    It's been fixed for a while thankfully.

Title will actually mean something now.

10.000 seems way too high. Blizzard should change this!

Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post
    It's been fixed for a while thankfully.

Title will actually mean something now.
    I don't mind tbh but it didn't hurt to check. I must've missed the title anyway as Im mostly after the mount.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    I am so glad that my main is a resto shaman! There is no way in hell that I can do this achievement
    Thank god, I thought I was the only one with a resto shaman thinking that
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

They still need to improve effectiveness of other transform drastically. I'm thankfully (?) on PvP server so I have ample amount of people to gather from, but I have no idea how this achie is supposed to be done intended way (ie. no setups) on PvE servers. Every other PvP achie before has taken place in PvP flagging zone so everything was perfectly doable. This time it's next to impossible, especially after isle become deserted. Fire-Watcher Oath has been nerfed to 10% per kb, it's beyond ridiculous. Assuming you get 10KBs in BG in under 10min, while not dying or needing to mount, you are still looking at 1 coin per BG per hour, out of 2000. Currently, this is just glorified transform item rather than functional alternative for when there are no (flagged) people on Isle anymore.

At the moment my server is still way too crowded to make it worth while trying to farm these unless you're a stealth class, and even then you really have to pick your battle carefully. You can go the group route, but since it's killing blows that's mostly just a waste of time. I'm hoping I can get some good farm time in later in the patch as the isle thins a bit. Otherwise, I think I'll have to resort to trading kills with a guildie (and both run a bunch of alts out there so we can get more than 1 coin per 10 minutes).

I was considering getting the farm anywhere thing and then heading out onto the continent to gank lowbies (don't look at me like that!), but at a 10% chance with a one hour cooldown that is just not worth it.

I believe the best solution would be to have a low % chance to get coin on hk. higher % on pve realms than pvp once obviously.

Me and a friend killed each other 551 times each :P I got the Ashhide Mushan Beast in just 3 hours grinding. If you spend 3 hours a day just grinding some of your friends you will get it in no time. BTW we did it on PTR back when Cauterized Core was bugged and didn't consume itself upon reviving the player thus granting us infinite lives.

they really need to add some way for pve server players to grind this out.

on a pvp server this grind is fine but on pve servers its just insane, i can spend hours just running around the island hoping to see someone flagged.

ive even resorted to dirty tricks like sitting in the middle of high traffic areas and pretending to be afk.

first day was alright since there were tons of people but its been only a week or so and 90% of all the people are gone and the ones that are still there either have their pvp off or are also using the censer trying to find people, worse than that some people are stupid and hunting in packs IF YOU HUNT IN PACKS THE PERSON WITH THE FASTEST AUTO ATTACKS IS ALWAYS GOING TO GET THE COIN YOU ARE JUST GIVING THEM FREE COINS >_< one time i tried hunting in a pack... i got 2 coins the rogue got like 20.

ive got around 230 coins and the only real option i have right now is to kill my friend once every 10 minutes since nobody is flagged anymore.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Sometimes you just have to let the odd achievement go... or in my case, completely ignore the entire Bloody Coins aspect of the Isle.

This is another "insane" just more insane than the last. If you're complaining about it, then you aren't in the target audience... just let it go.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    Sometimes you just have to let the odd achievement go... or in my case, completely ignore the entire Bloody Coins aspect of the Isle.

This is another "insane" just more insane than the last. If you're complaining about it, then you aren't in the target audience... just let it go.
    no.

the insane? i can grind my eyes out on that, is it insane to do it? yes but atleast its got an actual method of doing it.

on pve servers this is just impossible to grind in any sort of sustainable way.

i have gone no life on this grind spending almost every waking moment on the isle, when my friend gets on i kill them once every 10 minutes and spend all my time scouring the isle for flaggers and i still only have 230 ish coins.

there is currently only one alternative and it does not persist through death, only lasts 10 minutes, has an hour long cooldown, doesnt allow you to mount, and only gives a 10% chance to actually get a coin. at that rate its faster to just stand there killing your friend once every 10 minutes.

i added it up a day or so ago and to get the rest of the coins i need just for the mount i would need about 75 hours STRAIGHT of just standing there once every 10 minutes killing my friend.

and not only that BUT THE TITLE ISNT EVEN A GOOD TITLE @_@ it was originally going to be the achierus or however its spelt atleast that wouldve been badarse but FIRE WATCHER @_@ FIRE WATCHER!?!!?!?! no.

this isnt about ooooh its a vanilla style grind ohhhh its optional blah blah blah NO this is about pve servers being at a huge disadvantage to the point where its so lopsided that its insane.

and this is on THE FIRST COUPLE WEEKS @_@ can you imagine attempting this even just a month from now?

- - - Updated - - -

also the debuff is REAL TIME. so if you have a friend with alts you cant even cycle them out and get coins that way

- - - Updated - - -

shaohao rep? takes a long time but has a sustainable way to grind it, im fine with it and intend to do it once i get done with this bloody coin mess

insane in the membrane? takes a long time but has a sustainable way to grind it, do you have to level a whole new character if you arent a rogue? yes but the boxes have plenty of places you can grind them in a sustainable way i did this grind and its fine

bone white primal raptor grind? takes a long time the mobs are hard to kill but even solo its sustainable im fine with it and i have the mount.

this? if you arent on a pvp server there is no way to grind this in a sustainable way
    Last edited by Immitis; 2013-09-22 at 10:38 AM.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigerlily89 View Post
    10.000 seems way too high. Blizzard should change this!
    They have already changed it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    it won't work, when you get killed by someone with item you get a 10min debuff that stops you granting bloody coins.

anyway, isn't the mount 1000 not 10000 coins?
    The mount is 500 and the pet is 100!
    Ridiculous this is... Yes, something very ridiculous is happening in here!

Even 2k is pretty insane, no where close to 10k but still. Gotta find a friend that wants this achievement as well... and we farm each other until both of us gets it mount and title.

Quote Originally Posted by tiporispit View Post
    You know what's funny? When there were bugs with Improved Death that negatively affected Priests, it took Blizzard the better part of a year to fix them. When there's a bug that affects one of their stupid Achievements... a day or so. Nice...
    Affects one spec of one class out of 11 versus affects (potentially) everyone. Yes. Priority remains straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    no.

the insane? i can grind my eyes out on that, is it insane to do it? yes but atleast its got an actual method of doing it.

on pve servers this is just impossible to grind in any sort of sustainable way.

i have gone no life on this grind spending almost every waking moment on the isle, when my friend gets on i kill them once every 10 minutes and spend all my time scouring the isle for flaggers and i still only have 230 ish coins.

there is currently only one alternative and it does not persist through death, only lasts 10 minutes, has an hour long cooldown, doesnt allow you to mount, and only gives a 10% chance to actually get a coin. at that rate its faster to just stand there killing your friend once every 10 minutes.

i added it up a day or so ago and to get the rest of the coins i need just for the mount i would need about 75 hours STRAIGHT of just standing there once every 10 minutes killing my friend.

and not only that BUT THE TITLE ISNT EVEN A GOOD TITLE @_@ it was originally going to be the achierus or however its spelt atleast that wouldve been badarse but FIRE WATCHER @_@ FIRE WATCHER!?!!?!?! no.

this isnt about ooooh its a vanilla style grind ohhhh its optional blah blah blah NO this is about pve servers being at a huge disadvantage to the point where its so lopsided that its insane.

and this is on THE FIRST COUPLE WEEKS @_@ can you imagine attempting this even just a month from now?

- - - Updated - - -

also the debuff is REAL TIME. so if you have a friend with alts you cant even cycle them out and get coins that way

- - - Updated - - -

shaohao rep? takes a long time but has a sustainable way to grind it, im fine with it and intend to do it once i get done with this bloody coin mess

insane in the membrane? takes a long time but has a sustainable way to grind it, do you have to level a whole new character if you arent a rogue? yes but the boxes have plenty of places you can grind them in a sustainable way i did this grind and its fine

bone white primal raptor grind? takes a long time the mobs are hard to kill but even solo its sustainable im fine with it and i have the mount.

this? if you arent on a pvp server there is no way to grind this in a sustainable way

Have someone from a PvP realm invite you to theirs. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Have someone from a PvP realm invite you to theirs. Problem solved.
    and how do you suggest someone make a friend on a pvp realm? pvp realms arent crz'd into pve realms, and most people only play on one server.

so most likely i would have to come on this forum or the official forums and find someone i dont know to send me over to someone else.

when outside sources is the only way to effectively do anything thats a flaw in game design not something we should just blow over and accept. they need to add in some way for pve players to effectively and sustainably farm coins, i dont care if they up the amount of coins the mount and title require for pve servers by a huge amount as long as the grind itself is sustainable.

10+ Year Old Account
    The killing blow requirement is putting me off the most, tbh. Aside from this achiev being so unattractive to pursue in the first place, this is the nail in its coffin. I PvP as a healer IF I do it at all, dangit

Not sure about pvp and pve realm being crz, but you can easily get a group with ppl in a different realm via forum usually. I see a lot of people offer up btag for invites for all sorts of thing to help other people out. So i am sure they are willing to offer you pvp realm crz (if its possible).