Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kindar View Post
    I want to complete the achievement, but Jesus Christ. Not if every coin comes from ragebabies like that.

I know some of you probably take pleasure in that kind of thing, but to me it just hurts my head. Anyone feel the same?
    Hahaha I can definitely relate to that.

There are people who are just walking around randomly while flagged in my PvE server, and I end up killing them and they get so mad.

We had this druid crying for days on end about how me and my fiance were just harassing her for being flagged... then we got our 500 coins and took a couple days' break... we came back... there she was, censered, and killing people. I took huge pleasure in killing her twice (one to remove the censer, one to get the coin off her).

Quote Originally Posted by Promethieuss View Post
    I am now a Fire-Watcher. Anyone else close?
    I have been a Fire-Watcher since the 22nd of September. Hotsauce on Stormreaver.
    Last edited by Sicktight; 2013-10-02 at 01:38 PM.

people get really mad over this shit man.

http://i.imgur.com/CO407Rv.jpg

At least that guy was somewhat coherent. The ones I get to rage usually can't spell at all and as such half of what they say is completely unreadable.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    People take getting ganked very seriously, hits a nerve with some people or something, so just make sure you go out of your way to keep ganking the ones who rage at you

Quote Originally Posted by Flowsion View Post
    People take getting ganked very seriously, hits a nerve with some people or something, so just make sure you go out of your way to keep ganking the ones who rage at you
    The things I've had are pretty funny, had a warrior the other night who thought he was it when he loaded his full high end pvp geared character vs my pve geared mage he got me once due to trinket/all cds while I was killing someone else then went on to brag in general chat about how good he is and lame I am.

Needless to say the next time I saw him with a rogue and a dk they lost, then every subsequant time I saw him even with debuff he died on sight. I think he's logging his shaman tonight

I also love the people who are like "I'm reporting you for ganking", don't they realise that blizzard created the island knowing full well what would happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Equim View Post
    I really don't see anything wrong with playing what you enjoy. Be it Frost, Fire, Arcane or Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

I think the ganking that is the most frustrating is when you have 2-3 people (or more) ganging up on you, and doing it many times. It gets silly when they have to be 3 pvp-geared players to take down one pve-player with mobs.

Otherwise I agree about the Timeless Isle, you know what you're getting into, and one of the risks on the island is being ganked. Blizzard created yet another place where players are rewarded for being douchebags in the game, and getting ganked is a part of that.

The further this patch goes the less likely you are to get coins quickly. Thus I do understand that people want to be able to get those coins quickly before there is noone left to farm on the isle.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    I think the ganking that is the most frustrating is when you have 2-3 people (or more) ganging up on you, and doing it many times. It gets silly when they have to be 3 pvp-geared players to take down one pve-player with mobs.

Otherwise I agree about the Timeless Isle, you know what you're getting into, and one of the risks on the island is being ganked. Blizzard created yet another place where players are rewarded for being douchebags in the game, and getting ganked is a part of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Salystra View Post
    The things I've had are pretty funny, had a warrior the other night who thought he was it when he loaded his full high end pvp geared character vs my pve geared mage he got me once due to trinket/all cds while I was killing someone else then went on to brag in general chat about how good he is and lame I am.

Needless to say the next time I saw him with a rogue and a dk they lost, then every subsequant time I saw him even with debuff he died on sight. I think he's logging his shaman tonight

I also love the people who are like "I'm reporting you for ganking", don't they realise that blizzard created the island knowing full well what would happen.
    Guys.. PvE gear is so much better in a PvP scenario in world PvP. Stop even trying to defend it. Just take a look at these stats, this is me against my PvE friend. Of course I got something 30-35% PvP power..
    But does that make up for:
    300k HP
    13 000 STR
    OP trinkets with CD reducing effects.
    25% crit
    A weapons with double the damage.
    *Legendary Cloak
    *Legendary Meta Gem
    Tbh, I don't think so..
    *** He got alot more expertise and hit than most of us PvP players, so if he decided to reforge that away and buff his crit that would also work pretty well, a good percantage crit aswell. Would make him hit the 50% crit.
    Just check out below.

My PvE friend iLvl (Warrior) 563

STR 26222
    HP 675k
    Crit 45%

DPS from wep 8,2k

My PvP warrior 497
    STR 13741
    HP 406k
    Crit 20%

DPS from wep 4,5k

Raw stats - Unbuffed, buffed his would scale alot more. " Commanding Shout gives me 10% more stamina 18580 = 1858 Stamina extra. For him that is 37670 = 3767 stamina. That's what I mean with better scaling. He gets about 4k and I get 2k. That's a double effect of the buff, or say the AP goes the same way."

With all of this I just can't see how PvP players can even compete.
    Last edited by Kezotar; 2013-10-04 at 10:24 AM.

You're neglecting the fact that with his PvP my damage is mostly negated whilst his damage on me isn't. (Legendary Cloak doesn't work vs players/meta proc is a chance like any other so discounting that as favorable RNG luck).

Also ilvl563 is kind of high even for core raiders you are more thinking of 540~ for the normal mode raiders which is more fair (given your pvp gear will go up soon'ish)to make a fair comparison myself I'm at 550 even Vykina (Methods best mage) is only 565 geared (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ykina/advanced) you're taking massive extremes of gear unfairly.

Stats wise yes I have the advantage but only if you can keep the target at range which you can't really vs a warrior these days on top of that pvp trinket which is a BIG deal from the mage PoV. Base resilience I believe doesn't work in world pvp (correct if wrong) so therefore I take double the damage than the guy in pvp gear takes even with my pve gear he would hit me harder.

@Zant - I don't understand the gank groups personally, it's counter productive I always run solo.
    Last edited by Salystra; 2013-10-04 at 11:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Equim View Post
    I really don't see anything wrong with playing what you enjoy. Be it Frost, Fire, Arcane or Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

Had somebody whisper me today calling me "cancer" and telling my to kill myself because I'm apparently the sole reason the game is degrading.

Still got a thousand and more some-odd coins to go.
    Still going to be doing it in a large group because 10v15+ is hilariously fun.

The people whining are too anti-social, lazy or bad to get a group going against groups it seems.
    Because every time people do get a group together it turns into all out warfare on Mal'ganis.

Still funny finding people getting angry when ganked in world pvp situation on a WORLD PVP server. When you create a character, I hope you know what type of server you create your toons on. When blizzard doesn't do anything involving world pvp, people will complain about the lack of world pvp and wishes a fix to bring it back. Seems like Blizzard cannot satisfy both sides of the spectrum.

I want to work on my 500 bloody coin grind, but seems tough :|

Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post
    The people whining are too anti-social, lazy or bad to get a group going against groups it seems.
    Because every time people do get a group together it turns into all out warfare on Mal'ganis.
    As much as I hate to say it, if you're on Mal'ganis you really shouldn't be surprised by any kind of negative attitude. In all the people I've seen from Mal'ganis, maybe 5% of them *didn't* have horrible attitudes.

@Williee: I don't understand people who complain about ganking on PvP servers either. I personally have nothing but negative things to say about both the practice of ganking and those who participate in it... but ganking is pretty much the only reason to be on a PvP server, so complaining about getting ganking on a PvP server is like complaining about getting wet when you go swimming.

I consider my Rogue an angel of mercy. I just stealth around and wait for people to get to 20% percent and finish them off. Majority of the time I actually save them from a repair bill. They still rage though.

Yeah... if only Blizzard could connect my fucking realm soon so I can get to see some other people.

You're neglecting the fact that with his PvP my damage is mostly negated whilst his damage on me isn't. (Legendary Cloak doesn't work vs players/meta proc is a chance like any other so discounting that as favorable RNG luck).

Also ilvl563 is kind of high even for core raiders you are more thinking of 540~ for the normal mode raiders which is more fair (given your pvp gear will go up soon'ish)to make a fair comparison myself I'm at 550 even Vykina (Methods best mage) is only 565 geared (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ykina/advanced) you're taking massive extremes of gear unfairly.

Stats wise yes I have the advantage but only if you can keep the target at range which you can't really vs a warrior these days on top of that pvp trinket which is a BIG deal from the mage PoV. Base resilience I believe doesn't work in world pvp (correct if wrong) so therefore I take double the damage than the guy in pvp gear takes even with my pve gear he would hit me harder.

@Zant - I don't understand the gank groups personally, it's counter productive I always run solo.
    1) base resilience works in world pvp
    2) PvE gear is just way superior to PvP gear in world pvp. 570ilvl vs 520ilvl, there nothing more to say (yes, those ilvl's are with close to bis gear, neither type of players have it yet. pvpers are more or less at 505 and pvers are at 555 - Still 50 ilvl difference)
    3) Legendary cloak and gem are just extra dps and have nothing to do with the ilvl difference.

http://i.imgur.com/ERkAB5N.jpg

Most of this grind was done on a low pop realm with 10-20 people on the isle at once. There were times where I was the only 1 on the isle...

Edit: Has anyone else completed this? Guildox shows nobody else currently.
    Last edited by scadouche; 2013-10-06 at 05:53 PM.

Uhm, no.

PvP gear no longer has resilience. It only amplifies resilience. In terms of damage reduction, the two of you are pretty much on equal ground. You'll just have nothing less than a TON additional stats, as come naturally form the increased ilevel you'll have.
    ^ I agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by scadouche View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/ERkAB5N.jpg

Most of this grind was done on a low pop realm with 10-20 people on the isle at once. There were times where I was the only 1 on the isle...

Edit: Has anyone else completed this? Guildox shows nobody else currently.
    Gz.
    Theres a couple of guys in my guild who has done it aswell. Sad though that the title is so ugly, Fire-Watcher really is not a nice looking title, especially not with titles like "Firelord" "Flame Warden" "Flame Keeper" etc already available.

Should've been "Emissary of Ordos" or "Archierius" instead imo.

Started grinding this myself, wasnt as bad as I thought. Got ~30 so far... long way to go