Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

[SPOILERS] Did Blizzard lie to us about Garrosh?

By Blizzard I'm not saying whole company, but in this interview they stated that Garrosh DIES in SoO:

About 1:01.

After seeing how they answered I think that they were sure that Garrosh dies in SoO, but in the cinematic we don't see it. Any theories? Maybe in heroic mode?

He may yet die in 5.5 , but remember that sometimes, keeping the truth a secret is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Yes, they willingly lied because they hate you and want to ruin the lives of all WoW-players -_-'
    What the hell man? I'm just asking a simple question, this isn't a "whine-thread", I'm just wondering if they knew truth or SoO wasn't yet made. Stop this useless spam.

10+ Year Old Account
    thats just what I said. seems like it.
    #boycottchina

They lied about his death and the new warchief being "unexpected"

so yea...

From the cinematic, it says he will stand trial in Pandaria, and to my knowledge that trial hasnt/wont happen in 5.4 - at least not right now.

This thread would be more appropriate when the trial has been had. As for right now, he is in the custody of Taran Zhu or the Shadow Pan.

Its to early to come to these conclusions.
    Last edited by Avada Kedavra; 2013-09-12 at 07:30 PM. Reason: spelling ofc
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

Who gives a shit, WoW storyline has been horrible since end of TBC

Wouldnt be surprised if they add ponies and teletubbies into Warcraft lore.

Infracted. Keep it constructive, please
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-09-12 at 07:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard/ devs, lie/mislead/forget about information all the time that's why you should take everything they say with a pinch of salt >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Pantelija View Post
    Who gives a shit, WoW storyline was horrible at the start of TBC

Fixed that for you.

OT: It does seem as though Blizzard did lie about Garrosh's fate so I'm pretty upset about it. Also made me look like an ass when I said it's "confirmed he dies".
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Deleted
    soO merely setback!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    What the hell man? I'm just asking a simple question, this isn't a "whine-thread", I'm just wondering if they knew truth or SoO wasn't yet made. Stop this useless spam.
    obviously they either dissembled or had not yet decided. but there is no way for any of us to know if they had decided by that interview or not, and if they had decided, whether or not they had changed their minds between then and later.

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Fixed that for you.

OT: It does seem as though Blizzard did lie about Garrosh's fate so I'm pretty upset about it. Also made me look like an ass when I said it's "confirmed he dies".
    Blizzard lies all the time so i dont see why are people upset about it or act surprised.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a discussion about a discrepancy between the interview and the end-result of SoO. This is not a place to bash Blizzard or World of Warcraft.

"Lied" is the new "forced", it appears.

Granted, I haven't fought Garrosh yet, but didn't he come off like some kind of Scooby-Doo villian in the cutscene? Laying on the ground like "Doh! Ya'll got me!" and they haul him away in shackles. Not quite the same resolution as say Arthas or Deathwing...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantelija View Post

No that was Diablo III

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Unexpected warchief and Garrosh being killed? Yeah of course they lied lol

They most likely changed their mind, that's what I think anyway. I think originally Garrosh was going to die, but as they started to plan it out and the future they decided that they wanted a pre-expansion patch.

I am going to guess, and its purely a guess and I know it won't come to pass, that the Horde will not be united entirely under Vol'jin and some separatists will try to free Garrosh during or after his trial in Pandaria. They'll make it some kind of raid encounter, and then somehow something will happen that will tie in the next expansion....be it Burning Legion or N'Zoth/Azshara.

And anyone still hung up on the "unexpected warchief" thing...come on. Stop being victims of your own ignorance.

Again, that's what you get for leaving ALLIANCE WRITERS IN CHARGES. Out Kosak, back with Metzen. Alliance players culture allow lying to their company and customers, because "everything is for the greater good". Just like G.W.Bush administration.

And that is the kind of people Chilton might be now VERY ANGRY and UPSET to let be in charge for all this mess, and the simply MOST HORRIBLE AND ATROCIOUS AND OUT OF CHARACTER AND OUT OF REALITY cinematic EVER.

I really happy the D3-XP writing is over and Metzen can be back.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-09-12 at 07:54 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Eh I prefer it this way actually. Hopefully they don't kill him off, he can still be a very useful character, and it would be a shame to end the Hellscream bloodline.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest