Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Disengage usable out of combat

Disengage can now be used outside of combat! Finally my hunter has a parachute ability to avoid falling damage. Plus, with the right talent and/or glyph I can speed myself or speed my healing between fights.

Anyone noticed this? Can anyone confirm if it's a bug or a feature? I tweeted Ghostcrawler, but no answer so far. If it's intended, then I think it's an awesome little change.

It is intended. And awesome

And I think that cooldown reduction trinket works on it too, making it around a 7.7 or w/e second cooldown. Disengage, the new way to travel.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

It is intended. I'm not sure if it was in the official release notes or not but it was in the notes for one of the PTR builds awhile back. It's pretty freaking awesome.

it's amazing on the timeless isle too jumping from wherever you want and not giving a damn

Yeah it's freaking awesome. Long time coming!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

God dam totally forgot about that.

Loving it, always hated that u had to be in combat.

Not to mention, the reduced CD is GREAT, along with CTHC, AWESOME.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

Holinka answered it: intended!

The Disengage change was not in official patch notes, so I was fearing it was a bug. I use it with Posthaste. I mean, Disengaging then running for 8s? Awesome.

Thought CTHC is also amazing with the change.

Deleted
    If only they could fix the CD on deterr, its shit atm

Deleted
    we can finally avoid falling damage and jump from wherever we want

My CD is down to 7.04 seconds using an upgraded http://www.wowhead.com/item=102292 :P

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Disengage can now be used outside of combat! Finally my hunter has a parachute ability to avoid falling damage. Plus, with the right talent and/or glyph I can speed myself or speed my healing between fights.

Anyone noticed this? Can anyone confirm if it's a bug or a feature? I tweeted Ghostcrawler, but no answer so far. If it's intended, then I think it's an awesome little change.
    Use to be this way i think in Cata but in MOP they prevented use outside of combat - glad to see it reversed

I to am very happy about this change!

ive been having fun with this around stormwind. jumping off buildings trying to land on others and stuffs. we can also manage to get to weird places in buildings that others cant. i was bored waiting for a ticket to be answered. :/

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saucywench View Post
    Use to be this way i think in Cata but in MOP they prevented use outside of combat - glad to see it reversed
    It always had the requirement of having to be in combat, and I've been praying for years for the day they removed that restriction.

I'm a happy bunny right now, lol :P

I've wanted this change for a long time; mostly for personal enjoyment and messing around; and I am having way too much fun with it. In the process of making a video of what I'm probably gonna call the "disengage out of combat special olympics" the most fun and challenging platforms and areas to try to get across.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    One of the most amazing changes 5.4 It was so silly to require combat for it. The lower CD is jsut icing on the cake.

Deleted
    Now we also need the possibility to be able to disengage forward, that would be great.

20 sec CD on Disengage and 8 sec Posthaste Sprint with 60% speed increase means that hunters have a sprint uptime of 40%.

I think this is better than what most other classes have. Well, Burst of Speed has 100% uptime with 70% speed increase (or even more when stealthed).
    Last edited by mmoc90507aa8c5; 2013-09-14 at 10:20 AM.