Huge Drop in Crit Rating

So both BIS trinkets dont have crit on them, and you cant add a socket to the new weapons. Anyone else think this is quite a big problem?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. Still doing WAY more DPS. I got thoks, and keeping Gaze over feather is giving me better real world results (guessing because the enrage uptime)

I've gotten 4 upgrades so far and lost crit every time. Mainly because of sockets; almost all the STR gear has red sockets. Before we had a lot more yellows (or ignored in favor of yellow).
    It will even out as you improve more gear however. It's not all bad, I have picked up a TON of Mastery. And the "good" part is it keeps Crit being important and doesn't really change anything for us as far as gearing, rotation, etc. It would be really annoying if I had to start worrying about going over 50% crit and reforging certain amounts of crit to stay over a cap but get more Mastery. I don't even actually know if that would happen, just saying, silver lining.

Edit: And definitely seeing higher dps regardless, likely due to the mastery. We can afford to lose some Crit at this gear level, because we still have more than enough to pull off an effective rotation with a little forward thinking.

It doesn't really matter much. In HC TF gear, you'd already reached the point where mastery started overtaking crit in value (though mainly because of gaze). Even with the red sockets and no crit on trinkets, you'll be at the point you were, or higher, by the time you reach heroic gear levels, and mastery is still going to be king.

I lost ~1k crit rating on my warrior on the first normal clear, with only a few upgrades, but gained ~3k mastery. 41,5% physical damage done while enraged says hello.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpsmash View Post
    It doesn't really matter much. In HC TF gear, you'd already reached the point where mastery started overtaking crit in value (though mainly because of gaze). Even with the red sockets and no crit on trinkets, you'll be at the point you were, or higher, by the time you reach heroic gear levels, and mastery is still going to be king.

I lost ~1k crit rating on my warrior on the first normal clear, with only a few upgrades, but gained ~3k mastery. 41,5% physical damage done while enraged says hello.
    There are several reasons for that, which won't be true in this current tier.

1.) Gaze got hit by the RPPM nerf, so you have far less uptime with fewer stacks.

2.) Amp trinket increases crit value

3.) Losing T15 4P greatly increases crits value, since there is less crit during CDs now.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    I've gotten 4 upgrades so far and lost crit every time. Mainly because of sockets; almost all the STR gear has red sockets. Before we had a lot more yellows (or ignored in favor of yellow).
    It will even out as you improve more gear however. It's not all bad, I have picked up a TON of Mastery. And the "good" part is it keeps Crit being important and doesn't really change anything for us as far as gearing, rotation, etc. It would be really annoying if I had to start worrying about going over 50% crit and reforging certain amounts of crit to stay over a cap but get more Mastery. I don't even actually know if that would happen, just saying, silver lining.

Edit: And definitely seeing higher dps regardless, likely due to the mastery. We can afford to lose some Crit at this gear level, because we still have more than enough to pull off an effective rotation with a little forward thinking.
    I been checking out your armory. You haven't changed to much stuff it looks like.

Picking up anything that is an upgrade yes I've dropped 5% crit already, but nothing is bis yet so I'm sure we'll get back to it sooner or later. I'm seeing alot of better customized gear dropping form a variety of bosses
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    Nope, but there is a tendency for the echochamber of whining to spiral out of control, and so everyone involved thinks this is the worst thing ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathcries View Post
    I been checking out your armory. You haven't changed to much stuff it looks like.
    Traded up Bracers, Boots, Tier Shoulder and Tier Hat.
    I only lost around 3% Crit, it just feels like more than that. Everytime I see that number drop I get sad pants
    Still crossing my fingers for a weapon from Garrosh on Monday! I really want to go TG.