[guardian] changes patch 5.4

While it looks like guardian has not gotten any major changes,

I think it would still be a wise idea to discuss changes.

Are you going to change anything? and what are you going to change?

I am currently thinking of swapping some talents, especially the lvl 90 ones.

Also what item upgrades are you going for?

Quote Originally Posted by Amazone View Post
    While it looks like guardian has not gotten any major changes,
    30 second Barkskin and an additional 20% Stamina aren't big changes?

I am currently thinking of swapping some talents, especially the lvl 90 ones.

Also what item upgrades are you going for?
    The only ToT trinket I'd keep would be HTF Renataki's or HTF Talisman of Bloodlust. You'll replace RoR with the Tank CDR trinket as soon as you get it and the other tanking trinkets are situational. As for gemming/reforging think once we hit 71% or something Crit pre-procs all you decide is if you want more DPS (Crit) or more RPS (Haste). Lastly, gear priorities should be Tank CDR trinket, 2-set (don't know ideal offiter) and a weapon.

30 second Barkskin and an additional 20% Stamina aren't big changes?
    Of course these are big changes, but there is nothing we can do about it.
    My idea was, what are you going to do to counter these changes we have?

20% stamina, makes stamina a more valuable stat, but so far (needs testing) I do not think I should gem and /or enchant gear differently.

Gear I got Renataki's but using ROR and vicious Talisman,so can do various chan ges when upgrades come!

I've been experimenting with DoC yesterday during the raid, i'd say it's pretty neat and valuable (I pulled some people from deeeeep shit :P) but there's 1 thing that is bothering me so much abt it, it's long unlucky streaks of non procs when I wanted to use rebirth so bad. I'm in 25 man now, but the warrior that died had only me the closest battle rezzer near him. He needed a rez and I was like im gonna do it, but please proc ffs! I had a 30 seconds long of non procs, and that happened a second time too on the 3rd boss. I hated that.

If nothing else, it looks to me like DoC should make things a lot more fun. It makes tanking feels a little more Druidish, and it gives extra utility, self healing/raid healing on occasion, and even a damage and mitigation boost because of the increased crit on Mangle.

Don't think most of us know how it compares to the other 90 talents yet, but it certainly makes me want to get back into the swing of bear tanking. Added onto the buffs to stam (which also buffed Frenzied Regen) and Barkskin, seems like it was an all-around good patch for Guardian, which in my opinion has really been on a downward slide since the days of the old absorb Savage Defense.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I used DoC for my pride kill last night and it was both awesome and really annoying. I had some times where I got many procs, but no one to use it on (I guess I can thank my raid for not taking a lot of damage ?) and other times I had a bad RNG streak of no procs during times I really wish I had one. Praying for a proc to Brez someone is like gambling lol I still had some nice timely 400k+ heals to save some people during oh shit moments though.

holy fuck this ability is so clunky though
    Last edited by rated; 2013-09-12 at 04:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandibleclaw View Post
    I've been experimenting with DoC yesterday during the raid, i'd say it's pretty neat and valuable (I pulled some people from deeeeep shit :P) but there's 1 thing that is bothering me so much abt it, it's long unlucky streaks of non procs when I wanted to use rebirth so bad. I'm in 25 man now, but the warrior that died had only me the closest battle rezzer near him. He needed a rez and I was like im gonna do it, but please proc ffs! I had a 30 seconds long of non procs, and that happened a second time too on the 3rd boss. I hated that.
    i agree i like DoC in general but really despise the RNG factor, I really miss having Nature's Swiftness to guarantee an instant no-shift rebirth. That's what is missing from this talent!

if i had to tweak it without 'breaking it in spirit' i would allow the buff to stack and last longer , so i could 'save' one stack for emergencies and just use the second stack on proc, and probably reduce the AP scaling so that it's not too strong.
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2013-09-12 at 04:38 PM.

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post
    I used DoC for my pride kill last night and it was both awesome and really annoying. I had some times where I got many procs, but no one to use it on (I guess I can thank my raid for not taking a lot of damage ?) and other times I had a bad RNG streak of no procs during times I really wish I had one. Praying for a proc to Brez someone is like gambling lol I still had some nice timely 400k+ heals to save some people during oh shit moments though.

holy fuck this ability is so clunky though
    Sounds like maybe it would be better with a nerf to the AP scaling on HT and increased %proc on crit? Or possibly a Maelstrom-Weapon-Esque ability to ramp up the heal each time it hits, and enabling HT/Rebirth while in Bear form passively? Although if that were the case you'd always have to take it over NV and HotW.

How would you say it compares to our other level 90 talents?

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyoncet View Post
    Sounds like maybe it would be better with a nerf to the AP scaling on HT and increased %proc on crit? Or possibly a Maelstrom-Weapon-Esque ability to ramp up the heal each time it hits, and enabling HT/Rebirth while in Bear form passively? Although if that were the case you'd always have to take it over NV and HotW.

How would you say it compares to our other level 90 talents?
    Personally I would take a reduced chance to proc + longer up time of the buff just for simply removing the GCD on the ability. Currently all the lvl 90 talents are pretty useful so to compare them I'd just say take your pick

The use of DoC will depend heavily on your raid and how it deals with situations. My guild's currently running several raids through SoO (10 and 25), but even though it's the same guild in each run what happens will vary.

For example, if your healers are on the ball, you'll likely have little to no chance of using DoC heals/rezzes. If your healers are really bad, likely many people will die in a short window anyways, so either the heal or the rez won't matter anyways. If your healers are in between, then DoC can be a very useful tool. While I mentioned this in another thread, I think DoC has much more potential in 10man than 25man right now... although from seeing both 10man and 25man SoO on live, there seems to be more 10man encounters on normal that are much harder than their 25man counterparts, or at least not having the perfect comp will make your life painful. Regardless, I see more openings in 10man SoO versus 25man SoO to use DoC procs.

I've honestly used HotW in SoO this week since there haven't been any DPS checks and survivability was just more important on my behalf. Also, it basically gives me the HP to solo-tank Thok... lots of fun, btw.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

I tried to get charges added to it, but that didn't get very far.

I think the most annoying part about DoC is the lack of aura when it procs. Granted adding it to anything really (WA, Droodfocus, etc.) isn't that hard, but it's totally something that should be in the standard UI.

It's effective, I don't think anyone can argue that. But yeah, the feeling of having to sacrifice a GCD to use it feels weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arielle View Post
    I tried to get charges added to it, but that didn't get very far.

I think the most annoying part about DoC is the lack of aura when it procs. Granted adding it to anything really (WA, Droodfocus, etc.) isn't that hard, but it's totally something that should be in the standard UI.

It's effective, I don't think anyone can argue that. But yeah, the feeling of having to sacrifice a GCD to use it feels weird.
    Blizzard tends to drag its feet on auras, predatory swiftness still does not have an aura! can you imgaine?
    i mean, how long has PS been around now?

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

I think the new DoC for bears is cool but I doubt ill be using it. Relying on it as a self heal is impossible because of the rng. I'd prefer stronger dps with hoTw. Ill consider it maybe for raid utility reasons.

How much are people finding it heals for with raid gear and stacked Vengeance? I guess it's sounding like the extra health top-off isn't as useful as I expected it to be, and really, no aura? Already so many things to keep track of as a bear tank... >.<