Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The Ending of SoO will come back to bite us....

Among all of the discussion about the New Warchief and Jania's venom towards The Horde...something escaped so many people. And it was the first thing I saw...

Garrosh is Alive.

I know this doesn't sound like much, but it will come back to bite us in the ass. (if not immediately, then eventually)

Why do I say this?
    First of all What happened to the Heart? Wowpedia gives the best definition I have seen so far:

"After Garrosh was defeated, the heart seemingly suffered a failure, ultimately draining the last remnants of its power."

We have seen in WoW that power doesn't just disappear. and given the link between Garrosh and the Heart, the clearest explanation is that it went into Garrosh. We all knew he was corrupted, but how we either a) Have a Ticking Timebomb or a b) "I'm on my way to being the avatar of an Old God" on our hands.

I know I'm speculating hard.. but watch again as his hands are bound he makes NO resistance. None. For someone whose very blood burns with the fire of the warrior and whose soul is born to battle, he puts up NO fight? That's suspicious. Seriously go back and watch his interactions in Wrath. I mean even if in resisting, Garrosh forced either Varian or Thrall to strike the final blow, Garrosh would have had that petty victory that he was set up to be someone who would take. But here we go with the Pandaren willingly taking him back to Pandaria... you know.. where the heart was first kept....

Also.. well....

C'thun (arguably the boss of vanilla): Dead
    Illidan: Dead
    Arthas: Dead
    Deathwing: Dead
    Garrosh: on Pandaria.

(please note all uses of dead are the fact we think they are, for all we know none of them actually are.)

There had to be a reason for him to survive, and we know that no amount of scrubbing gets rid of the taint of the Old Gods.

maybe I'm just reaching but.. who knows.
    "Pain heal, Chicks Dig scars and Glory lasts for ever."

If Garrosh doesn't escape his trial and run off to lead the Dark Horde in 'villain storage' alongside Bolvar, I'll be surprised.

Deleted
    He was not corrupted by the heart. He USED the power of the power and was not steered by the heart.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    He was not corrupted by the heart. He USED the power of the power and was not steered by the heart.
    Except he is still Corrupted..

Obviously they will use him as a new Broxigar. When Sargeras appears, Garrosh will save the day and fulfill his father Legacy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    Garrosh wasn't corrupted by Yshaarj, he was using Yshaarj. There's a difference.
    Why they are keeping him around is easy. Metzen is a self-proclaimed "sucker for a good redemption story". While everyone speculated it was Illidan, it looks more like it will be Garrosh now.
    oh oh, 'rez' Illidan and he can be best 'redemption buddies' with Garrosh! /sarcasm

I suspect we will get resolution or see what Blizzard's plans are either in the pre-next-expansion event (possibly will include his actual trial), or early next expansion.

I mean, hopefully he won't fall into a lore black hole like so many other things haha.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nerfherder View Post
    There had to be a reason for him to survive, and we know that no amount of scrubbing gets rid of the taint of the Old Gods.
    As far as I can tell, he's not corrupted by the Old Gods, he was mad with power and trying to use the latent energies of Y'shaarj's corpse for his own ends. At most, his innate pride, hatred and anger were exacerbated by the Sha (who work by feeding on our own energies, less powerful than the Old Gods who outright coerce and dominate weaker minds).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing can kill an old god. Rumors are that there is just one old god with many heads, and some of those heads are uncovered across Azeroth. Killing an old god would kill Azeroth. That's why titans imprison it, rather than killing it.

That's just a theory.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiDragon91 View Post
    Except he is still Corrupted..
    Look at his body when he's being dragged away. Not an ounce of corruption.

He's obviously much more in control than Cho'gall ever was, Cho'gall was changed forever while Garrosh can manipulate the power of that particular Old God for his own purposes.

Deleted
    back in the day when i playing arena like a madman to get dem titles i didnt give a shit about lore but im acutally interessted in how its going to be the next expansions with the storyline so far i tought deathing was the most badass boss story wise eh ingame id have to say illidan was the coolest.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    C'Thun is still alive, but not in this realm, you can't kill an old god.

Illidan is also still alive, atleast the last time we saw him when he was taken to a prison of some sorts by Maiev Shadowsong.

Also, why is noone discussing what happened to garrosh's model? He is big, purple and filled with eyes and power from the heart when we defeat him, but in the cinematic, he is normal again.

A few observations:

1) The final boss of Vanilla was Kel'Thuzad, and he came back for Wrath.
    2) C'Thun came back too (in the WoW comics, the ones with Med'an a.k.a the new Mary Sue)
    Signature in progress...

They might have something in store for him already, hell he might even die in the next patch. My guess is that something will happen again that stirs the war a bit and Garrosh might be involved, probably just as a victim.

My guess is that Garrosh will sit in a cage for an expansion, then break out during the Burning Legion-themed expansion and seek redemption by becoming a matyr in slaying a powerful enemy.

He's more like his father than we give him credit for.

slime

Quote Originally Posted by MiriQL View Post
    Nothing can kill an old god. Rumors are that there is just one old god with many heads, and some of those heads are uncovered across Azeroth. Killing an old god would kill Azeroth. That's why titans imprison it, rather than killing it.

That's just a theory.
    The lore with Old Gods and Titans is inconsistent and subject to several retcons. But Old Gods CAN be killed, the Titans killed Y'Shaarj and Blizzard keeps saying he is most definitely dead. I think the whole "Titans didn't want to kill them because it risked destroying life on Azeroth" came after they'd already killed Y'Shaarj (like, its dead made them reconsider killing all the Old Gods).

We don't really know what's up with Cthun, Cho'Gall tried to resurrect him (which implies he's, you know, dead) but the results were... icky. Partial success? And no sign of Yogg'Saron coming back at all.

Deleted
    Demons don't die, they return to the Twisting Nether. Illidan was half demon, so, his demon half at the very least should still be alive somewhere.
    What happened to Arthas's body? We don't know, so it's safe to assume that someone has it, and is planning on doing something with it.
    I'm pretty sure Deathwing is completely dead. We used the Dragon Soul to defeat him, he should be completely gone from this world.

Quote Originally Posted by SidheKnight View Post
    A few observations:

1) The final boss of Vanilla was Kel'Thuzad, and he came back for Wrath.
    2) C'Thun came back too (in the WoW comics, the ones with Med'an a.k.a the new Mary Sue)
    The death of Kel'Thuzad in Vanilla was either de-canonised, or hinted at via the fact his phylactery was spirited away rather than being destroyed (forget the name of the NPC in question, but he turns up in Northrend as a spy for the Cult of the Damned) after you completed original Naxx.

As for Cthun,

1) Ew the comics.
    2) EWWWW Med'an.
    3) It's a comic book, everyone comes back from the dead. Except Bucky, Jason Todd, and Uncle Ben (but all three have since come back from the dead too).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GameFreakRPG View Post
    Demons don't die, they return to the Twisting Nether.
    Very likely this is no longer canon.

Garrosh is probably gonna get out to fend off Demons once that times comes, since he tries to be a copy of his father. In that way Metzen will probably try and redeem him.

Deleted
    Garrosh will be redeemed at some point and ofc we can't have peace forever...Jaina is so gonna start the next war with the horde...she has been pmsing for ages now

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post

Cause he's in control of the transformation

Then taking such a powerful being who appears to have silently drained the last power of the dead old god prisoner is only a recipe for disaster.