View Poll Results: Do you think the sentence is justified?

Voters
406. This poll is closed
  • Yes; The sentence is completely justified for these crimes.

284 69.95%
  • No; I do not believe in the death penalty and opt for alternative sentencing.

76 18.72%
  • Indecisive; I'm torn on the sentencing and the conflicting issues at hand that are raised.

13 3.20%
  • Your own opinion; Post it.

6 1.48%
  • Popcorn; I enjoy watching threads being de-railed!

27 6.65%
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I am against death penalty for pretty much the same major reasons already described in detail in this thread but I admit I was torn about this as well because it's hard not to feel some righteous anger when reading the details and not giving into it. I seriously won't cry about how Indian high justice plans to proceed in this case but I hope they finally take a more serious stance on the prevalent rape culture problem they currently are having in general.
    Last edited by Ravenblade; 2013-09-14 at 10:04 AM.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Those guys are not just rapists or murderers. Those guys demonstrated a huge disrespect of women and human beings in general. They raped her that brutal, that she died.. they basically totured her to death! They dropped her out of the bus like trash, they left her to die! Even the capital punishmend itself is highly controversial, i don't give a shit, if those guys are executed or not.
    Those guys can not be resocialized.. if they rot behind bars or die on a gallow, i don't care.
    Last edited by josykay; 2013-09-14 at 10:48 AM.

As a race we're still blood thirsty and murderous - this has nothing to do with the poor girl who was horrifically violated and murdered, it's to do with our thirst for blood. I suspect the vast majority of people who want to see these 'people' hung don't give a fuck about the girl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    This isn't strictly related to this case (since this case involves murder), but oh boy India do you make absolutely no sense; having the death penalty for rape and no penalty whatsoever for marital rape.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    This isn't strictly related to this case (since this case involves murder), but oh boy India do you make absolutely no sense; having the death penalty for rape and no penalty whatsoever for marital rape.
    The death penalty wasn't so much for the rape, but the torture and resultant death from said torture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Notchris View Post
    The death penalty wasn't so much for the rape, but the torture and resultant death from said torture.
    Notice the part where I say my post isn't really related to this case? India in general punishes rape with death while letting off raping husbands scot free.

Notice the part where I say my post isn't really related to this case? India in general punishes rape with death while letting off raping husbands scot free.
    They don't generally punish rape with death though.
    This was an exceptional circumstance, normally they'd have received large jail sentence (It's been changed recently to 20-life) if found guilty for raping her. Her being so savagely brutalized and subsequently dying changed it.

10+ Year Old Account
    HAHA fuck yeah. I don't think I've ever been happier to hear about someone getting a death penalty. Stupid, sadistic fucks. What happened with the kid though? I thought he got a super light sentence and he supposedly was the most brutal. Hope he gets fucking demolished in prison.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

They don't punish rape with death in India. Not sure if that's what their laws state, but even if that's the case, they sure as hell don't enforce it. Marital rape isn't recognised in more countries than just India.

Take fucking Singapore. We kill you for just about anything here, we're one of, if not the safest place in the world, and marital rape isn't an offense at all unless you're in the midst of a divorce with your spouse.

Kill them, slowly without mercy.

This how law should works! JUSTICE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Not going to lie, I fully support this decision. I don't view you as human anymore for raping someone to death. You are a monster, and should be treated as such. Spending the rest of his life in prison in India would probably have been worse than death sentence, so I think he got it easy. I know I would have chosen that would I have been in his shoes.

Even though this crime is particularly heinous, I am against the death penalty. I do respect their sentencing however, since it's up to them. But it would be better to let them rot in an Indian prison for the rest of their lives imho. Now that's what I call punishment.

I don't think the death penalty belongs in a civilized country however.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Paraclef View Post
    So Themius, you are in this category.

" those who think that the world would be boring without violence, war, rape, murder. So, poverty, no education, no death penalty, offering a second killing chance shall remain, weapons manufacturing etc..... financed by all the possible medias. "

That's fine, nobody's perfect. Everybody wants their children to feel injustice, insecurity. common sense, but... When did you realize the need for this ?
    You don't even make sense, are you trying to because all I see is bs.

I say they should be in jail until determined fit if never determined fit then life in jail, how is that i think the world is boring without all the bad things?

Where are you getting the I think everyone wants their children to feel injustice and blah blah blah? When did I say there was a need for this? Seriously it was 4 in the morning when you said this I don't know where you are from but... are you by any chance high on something? I have no idea how else you'd come to that bogus conclusion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Kill them, slowly without mercy.

This how law should works! JUSTICE!
    Bogus statement.

Good riddance, those men were animals, and they'll get what they deserve.

I read in a report that over 23% of Indian males participated in a rape, either alone or along with others.

Those men got what they well deserved. Nobody will miss them...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velaniz View Post
    They don't punish rape with death in India. Not sure if that's what their laws state, but even if that's the case, they sure as hell don't enforce it.
    Yeah, it's what their law states.

Quote Originally Posted by Velaniz View Post
    Marital rape isn't recognised in more countries than just India.
    I know, I just think it's a bit hypocritical of India to formally allow the killing of rapists while being all fine with it if it's a husband raping a wife.
    Last edited by Wikiy; 2013-09-14 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haaxxx View Post
    I read in a report that over 23% of Indian males participated in a rape, either alone or along with others.

There's another saying 25% in Asia, not including India.

I'd question the credibility of such a source, and also the parameters of what it considered "rape" to be. Hell, by some people's definitions of the term here I myself have raped/been raped plenty of times.

Strictly speaking, this isn't true of course. I find it difficult to believe none of those 5 men had any families.

while being all fine with it if it's a husband raping a wife.
    Well it took many years to define those cases as crime, even in modern "First World" countries. In Germany for example matrial rape was defined as a crime in 1997! Not even 20 years ago...
    Last edited by josykay; 2013-09-14 at 12:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    There's another saying 25% in Asia, not including India.
    23%, 25%, whatever, it's all wrong. Think about it. 27000 rapes happen in India every year. If you go to the extreme and assume every single one of those rapes involves, say, 5 males (it doesn't) as part of a gang rape, that means 128 000 males participate in a rape per year in India. Given India's male life expectancy of 64 years, you get 8 200 000 males involved in a rape in one man's lifespan (by multiplying 128 000 with 64). Now that's just 1,3% of India's entire male population (assuming it's 600 million). Meaning the chances for a male to be a rapist in India are 1,3%. And that's assuming every rape is a gang rape involving 5 males, which it sure as hell ain't.