Poll: Which is more accurate?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Boss Mods

Boss Mods

So I have noticed that Bigwigs boss timers are off now I definetly expect this but want to know if Bigwigs or DBM is more accurate with their timers this is pretty important for me as a raid leader and tank. Im sure they will both be right on or close to soon just curious if I should switch until they are more accurate.

DBM seems to be accurate for the bit of Siege I've done so far, barring of course the usual ability delays that can happen. I've always been a fan of DBM even though BigWigs seems more popular among the hardcore crowd. I've tried to switch to BigWigs every tier this expansion and I just find DBM to be more helpful and accurate when I need it as well as being more noticeable out of the box and more "in your face" when it comes to important things that go on during a fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am using DBM Alfpha build which gives me almost correct timers. On Sha of Pride my alpha build showed correct timing while the release build timers were off. BigWigs release build timers were correct.

As far as I've gathered BigWigs get updates more often then DBM. I personally however like DBM more as I've always used it. I tried BigWigs once... so many option to configure (more then DBM settings per boss).
    So for now, I will go with DBM alpha build

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    more noticeable out of the box and more "in your face" when it comes to important things that go on during a fight.
    I need timers and a sound when something important happens. that's about it. DBM is as you pointed out, the opposite, it's more for the raider who needs the screen to shake and big pop ups when something bad happens, that's fine as well, they both serve different markets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primohastat View Post
    That toxicity is normal in WoW. Even classic. And it comes from this what so called elitism, spreading everywhere. Average player say that classic is piss easy and every aspect can be done with minimal effort. But right after that, the same player ignites with rage when someone wants to apply that minimal effort

Quote Originally Posted by IKT View Post
    I need timers and a sound when something important happens. that's about it. DBM is as you pointed out, the opposite, it's more for the raider who needs the screen to shake and big pop ups when something bad happens, that's fine as well, they both serve different markets.
    I think it's one of those things where everyone has their own preference. If I could wean myself off DBM I'd switch to BigWigs, because overall I like it better (more customization, better looking, less memory usage) but every time I do, I end up missing something from DBM or having the timers be a bit off compared to the rest of my raid (who all use DBM) and then I get called out for missing it or whatever and "Just use DBM dude" so whatever I stick with DBM, even if it is a bit chatty.

I think if I didn't tank I could use BigWigs more, because as a tank some of the big in your face stuff is pretty critical and I can't risk missing it, while if I was say a DPS and didn't need to be that aware of it I could just use the key timers and warnings and stuff.

I like BigWigs cause it makes you not die, basically. I switched to it after I saw someone on ultraxion's bigwigs say "You Die in...5, 4, 3.." Which is more relevant info and more helpful than Fading Light or w.e it is. Idc wth the name is, I just wanna know what I have to do to stay alive and complete the bosses, and thats what BigWigs does.