Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Question Alliance Cinematic: No sign of Velen?

During the alliance cinematic for Garrosh' defeat, did anyone else notice there weren't any sign of Prophet Velen even though all other alliance leaders made an appearance ?

Varian, Jaina and Anduin was the only major Alliance characters present.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is dumb that he's not there. Although I guess it's worse that Genn isn't there .

My hope is that Velen will be the Lor'themar of the next expansion, or at the very least another named Draenei with Velen still doing something. If that can't happen then they may as well kill Velen off and just create a leader that actually exists.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bizarro55 View Post
    Varian, Jaina and Anduin was the only major Alliance characters present.
    ???

Moira, Mekkatorque and Tyrande are all in the cinematic.

Deleted
    Or Tyrande and Malfurion, or Greymane or anyone shorter than Anduin... It's not a meeting of the Alliance leaders, the horde leaders are there only to agree to Vol'Jin as the new leader of the horde, the Alliance fight is all Varian's and Jaina's...

Edit: is that Moira hidden behind Jaina? BUt still can't seen any other leader, only some generic female night elf which doesn't look like Tyrande at all and some bearded dwarf, who seems to be a generic Ironforge guard...
    Last edited by mmocef366ff7e8; 2013-09-12 at 04:22 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gorocz View Post
    Or Tyrande and Malfurion, or Greymane or anyone shorter than Anduin... It's not a meeting of the Alliance leaders, the horde leaders are there only to agree to Vol'Jin as the new leader of the horde, the Alliance fight is all Varian's and Jaina's...
    Mekkatorque, Tyrande and im pretty sure Greymane are all present.

As annoying as it is that the draenei seem perpetually neglected, it actually makes sense here. Velen is a prophet, not a fighter. Even though Anduin convinced him he should probably be more active in the Alliance, he doesn't come across as the kind of guy who would have had any particularly useful role here. It would be nice to see his reaction to the aftermath during the trial or something though.

Deleted
    Nope, wanna hear why? Blizzard, Does not , care, at all about Alliance lore. I mean really, it is only Varian, jaina and Aldruin from the alliance who had gotten ANY attention at all. So big suprise blizzard just decied to go " fuck it, the alliance get 10 sec where jaina is saying kill them" and that is the big Fist pumping moment for the alliance of MoP

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Everand View Post
    Mekkatorque, Tyrande and im pretty sure Greymane are all present.
    Where? Can you pinpoint a timestamp in this video?

Screencap - I can only see Varian, Jaina, Anduin, possibly Moira (behind Jaina), the rest of the characters are fairly generic, the night elf sentinel doesn't look like Tyrande at all...
    Last edited by mmocef366ff7e8; 2013-09-12 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    What is Velen?
    Its that thing enchanters use i think

If im wrong then i have no idea who that guy is prolly just some nobody

10+ Year Old Account
    Velen loaded up his ship and fled the planet... again.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Velen loaded up his ship and fled the planet... again.
    Yeah his amazing abilities of prophecy have told him the numbers for last weeks lottery so he is rushing to place his bet LOL

Blizzard is slowly, but surely, attempting to retcon Draenei out of WoW.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    As annoying as it is that the draenei seem perpetually neglected, it actually makes sense here. Velen is a prophet, not a fighter. Even though Anduin convinced him he should probably be more active in the Alliance, he doesn't come across as the kind of guy who would have had any particularly useful role here. It would be nice to see his reaction to the aftermath during the trial or something though.
    What about guidance? What about him being the ACTUALLY PROPHET? That alone should give him a place at any council meeting.

0:57, Moira next to Jaina, infront of the Dwarf guard.
    0:58, Tyrande and Mekkartoque in the right corner next to Anduin, but the scene changes quickly so u barely see them for longer than a second.
    1:45, Moira behind Jaina, Tyrande's arm visible on the right side.

They showed the goblin's leader that is not even in game but skipped 2 Alliance bosses. That's really annoying and that sort of details start the Horde favoritism complains in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    At 1:46 you can see Moira on the left just behind Jaina and Tyrande on the right half on screen, the rest though no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Warmage View Post
    They showed the goblin's leader that is not even in game but skipped 2 Alliance bosses. That's really annoying and that sort of details start the Horde favoritism complains in my opinion.
    I was stunned when i saw gallywix

When even galllywix shows up you know you have failed as a leader

Screencap - I can only see Varian, Jaina, Anduin, possibly Moira (behind Jaina), the rest of the characters are fairly generic, the night elf sentinel doesn't look like Tyrande at all...
    0:58, you can see Tyrande infront of the sentinel and Mekka in the lower left corner

Deleted
    How do you know that something isn't gonna happen with him? This would seem like a pretty big, actually huge mistake made by Blizzard if it was on purpose. Maybe he had a reason not to come. If the next expansion is legion themed, then I am 100% sure that he will have a very important role in it.