Page 1 of 2
LastLast

best way to get Lesser Charms of Good Fortune in 5.4

hi there,

I was wondering if there is an easy way to get lesser charms in 5.4. I am either looking for a way to spend an hour during weekend to get the weekly amount done or something that would allow me to farm a bit longer but get for instance my monthly supply.

any suggestions? thanks in advance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hlx View Post
    hi there,

I was wondering if there is an easy way to get lesser charms in 5.4. I am either looking for a way to spend an hour during weekend to get the weekly amount done or something that would allow me to farm a bit longer but get for instance my monthly supply.

I got 175+ in a couple of hours just pottering around the Timeless Isle.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    LFR can be too easy for individual players, but individual players get lumped with 24 other random people, and it's pretty much certain that in 25 random people you'll have at least one guy who makes you wonder how he managed to switch his computer on.

Enter Timeless Isle

GG

hi there,

Just play the game. You get them from almost everything now so I don't understand why people think they need to actually farm them.

because I have a limited time of play, given you know, real life, family and my own preferences how to juggle my free time and so, I am interested in finding the most efficient way to do it.

I don't want to start a discussion if my approach is right or not, I just want contribution on efficiency of getting those coins.

Deleted
    Do pet battles

Timeless isle, there are coins in chests and there are coins dropping from mobs. There are usually several groups farming mobs for Epoch stones/rep/rares, join one of those and get loads of coins.

Pet battels gives a ton some one told me. I think I get alog just doing stuff on Timeless.

timeless isle. wait for the leviathan to spawn. you'll see everyone running at it. tag it and then tag the ship after. you'll get 17-20 leser charms for 0 effort per boss. tagging more in the timeless isle to be weekly capped as well.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    timeless isle. wait for the leviathan to spawn. you'll see everyone running at it. tag it and then tag the ship after. you'll get 17-20 leser charms for 0 effort per boss. tagging more in the timeless isle to be weekly capped as well.
    Pretty much. I need 17 when i first entered and got them within 5 minutes. That reminds me, i need to turn in that quest for my 5.4 bonus roll coins.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    because I have a limited time of play..I am interested in finding the most efficient way to do it.
    The most efficient way to get them is by combining with an another objective/activity that you want to progress/participate in.

Personally I have farmed a truckload of charms for my through pet battles (including the dailies) and I consider it super efficient. Why? because before my DK reached level 90, I was doing those battles on my main who already had a few thousand charms stashed away and was typically hitting VP cap half way through the week. By switching to my alt, I was able to get a whole lot of useful charms, plus a ton of VP each week by doing something I would have done away.

On my main, I got most of my charms when grinding dailies for rep, and as a consequence of everything else I was doing. Except during the first week of having hit level 90, I have never actively pursued lesser charms - they have simply been a by-product of the activities I was doing in pursuit of other objectives.

To be honest, I haven't measured the rate of acquisition of coins between Timeless Isle, pet battles, or regular dailies, so I don't know which is the fastest method.

I do know that with the gear I have these days, doing the dailies is fast and easy. I also can tell you that doing all the chests on the Isle will likely nett you quite a lot of lesser charms in a fairly short space of time, however this is not really sustainable, as most of the chests can only be looted once.

Another thing to consider is Isle of Thunder and doing the Troves of Treasure. I seem to recall that rewarding me with a great many charms for a few minutes of effort each week, plus a ton of other things too (gold, reputation, greater charms).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    While what you say is true, this is a bit of a gamble. I have spent a lot of time on the Isle waiting for rares to spawn. So even though actually killing the whale shark and ship might be quick, the wait time for that needs to be considered. Plus bear in mind that if you aren't actively camping for it (ie you're trying to use your time productively) you run a high risk of missing out on the kill. Happened to me last night trying to kill Huolon - I was in the area, farming other mobs for coins. Suddenly Huolon spawned, and because I was in combat with another cloud serpent, Huolon died before I could get close enough to even tag him. It was ridiculous how fast the rares were dying.

Deleted
    Does anyone know if the timeless isle platforming chests (rope, mist covered and one more) are one time or weekly? If they're weekly, I think they're the fastest and easiest way to get a ton of lesser charms. since all give ~10 each. And mist covered ones you can get 3 pretty easily in one run and 4 if you're fast. If all are weekly, then doing those each week in 5-10 mins should get you enough for the quest already.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    The most efficient way to get them is by combining with an another objective/activity that you want to progress/participate in.

Personally I have farmed a truckload of charms for my through pet battles (including the dailies) and I consider it super efficient. Why? because before my DK reached level 90, I was doing those battles on my main who already had a few thousand charms stashed away and was typically hitting VP cap half way through the week. By switching to my alt, I was able to get a whole lot of useful charms, plus a ton of VP each week by doing something I would have done away.

On my main, I got most of my charms when grinding dailies for rep, and as a consequence of everything else I was doing. Except during the first week of having hit level 90, I have never actively pursued lesser charms - they have simply been a by-product of the activities I was doing in pursuit of other objectives.

To be honest, I haven't measured the rate of acquisition of coins between Timeless Isle, pet battles, or regular dailies, so I don't know which is the fastest method.

I do know that with the gear I have these days, doing the dailies is fast and easy. I also can tell you that doing all the chests on the Isle will likely nett you quite a lot of lesser charms in a fairly short space of time, however this is not really sustainable, as most of the chests can only be looted once.

Another thing to consider is Isle of Thunder and doing the Troves of Treasure. I seem to recall that rewarding me with a great many charms for a few minutes of effort each week, plus a ton of other things too (gold, reputation, greater charms).

- - - Updated - - -

While what you say is true, this is a bit of a gamble. I have spent a lot of time on the Isle waiting for rares to spawn. So even though actually killing the whale shark and ship might be quick, the wait time for that needs to be considered. Plus bear in mind that if you aren't actively camping for it (ie you're trying to use your time productively) you run a high risk of missing out on the kill. Happened to me last night trying to kill Huolon - I was in the area, farming other mobs for coins. Suddenly Huolon spawned, and because I was in combat with another cloud serpent, Huolon died before I could get close enough to even tag him. It was ridiculous how fast the rares were dying.
    if ur afk watching tv near the top left area of the map. the shark and ship spawn right there. on an hourly timer i think. its pretty quick and u can do it while being afk or watching videos on youtube/tv or w/e .

I got a metric ton of them while farming Timeless Coins with a group. We were farming the crabs near the alliance base on the island, in a few hours I must have gotten well over 500 Lesser Charms.

Unless they reverted the nerf, pet battles are a horrible source of Lesser Charms since 5.3. I hadn't done a single pet battle before I heard they were a great source (which they were in 5.2); I got a few pets leveled right before 5.3 and it was awesome; 20-30 minutes for 90 charms. After they nerfed it to the ground: 60-80 minutes for 50 charms.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barael View Post
    Unless they reverted the nerf, pet battles are a horrible source of Lesser Charms since 5.3.
    If you have no interest in pet battles other than for farming charms, then yes, they are a horrible source of Lesser Charms. If you are doing pet battles to level up your team or hunting for battle-stones, then they are a fantastic source of charms, because you're killing two proverbial birds with one stone.

PS: the fastest way of levelling up your pet collection is by doing pet battle dailies. You'll get charms for winning battles as well as for turning in the quests.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Muoric View Post
    Does anyone know if the timeless isle platforming chests (rope, mist covered and one more) are one time or weekly? If they're weekly, I think they're the fastest and easiest way to get a ton of lesser charms. since all give ~10 each. And mist covered ones you can get 3 pretty easily in one run and 4 if you're fast. If all are weekly, then doing those each week in 5-10 mins should get you enough for the quest already.
    As I understood it, they are daily. That being said, I did them on Wednesday and couldn't do them yesterday. So they are possibly weekly.

because I have a limited time of play, given you know, real life, family and my own preferences how to juggle my free time and so, I am interested in finding the most efficient way to do it.

I don't want to start a discussion if my approach is right or not, I just want contribution on efficiency of getting those coins.
    Ok? I'm not sure how telling you to "just play the game" implies for you to sit at your PC 24/7 to get lesser charms. If anything that advice caters to your playstyle and doesn't contradict it but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Ok? I'm not sure how telling you to "just play the game" implies for you to sit at your PC 24/7 to get lesser charms. If anything that advice caters to your playstyle and doesn't contradict it but whatever.
    can you honestly say that "just playing the game" is the most efficient way of getting the coins? compared to other ideas here like pet battles or dedicated mob farming?

just do timeless isles stuff, im prettu positive thats where ur going to get the most bang for ur buck.

10+ Year Old Account
    can you honestly say that "just playing the game" is the most efficient way of getting the coins?
    Honestly, I think xanzul has a point. Just about all level 90 monsters drop the Lesser Charms often, so if you run any dungeon or raid you'll get some. This means that most things you are already doing in the game: running dungeons, doing raids (LFR or otherwise), building faction rep, running Timeless Isle or Isle of Thunder activities, hunting rare elites, or just venting frustration on a herd of gazelle. Daily quests often give them, as do pet battles, both of which are effectively unlimited. Hell at this point I'm honestly surprised you can't plant them in your farm to grow.

Seriously, pick any other pet project/goal of yours and do that. The Lesser Charms will follow. If you still haven't got 50 by the end of the lockout, grab a handful of daily quests to finish the job.