Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Sylvanas Windrunner's Fate with the Alliance!!!!

If you talk to Varian Wyrnn after you defeat Garrosh, He said " investigate cleansing the plague from Gilneas so they could rebuild, and to contain Sylvanas". This foreshadow in my opinion implies that the Alliance will not only capture her but her other two sisters will see her as a forsaken. I see a huge conflict happen very soon!!!! Share you thoughts!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Containing Sylvanas doesn't mean capturing her. Containing very likely means limiting her ability to move on Gilneas again or reducing her effectiveness outside of Tirisfal Glades, usually through military action.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Containing Sylvanas doesn't mean capturing her. Containing very likely means limiting her ability to move on Gilneas again or reducing her effectiveness outside of Tirisfal Glades, usually through military action.
    This. Containing in a military sense means keeping from expanding further. Likely by parking armies in Gilneas and either Arathi or even Hillsbrad.

I'm also fairly sure that by now, Vereesa knows what her sister has become.

Deleted
    Yep, as stated, he means it on a military level. Probably hints towards a retaking of both Gilneas and Stromgarde imo

For me it sounds exactly like "we must meet some day" when talking to someone I haven't seen in years..
    In essence it means that it sounds like something that we must do in the near future, but in reality means that it prolly will never happen and everyone will forget about it..
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

The way I see it they'll merely reinforce Gilneas and perhaps Stromgarde. Crowley's lands beyond the wall might be a problem, but I think we won't see any official Alliance movement beyond that point. Bloodfang will continue his harassment for sure, maybe Crowley will break away from Alliance to join him.

Arathi needs attention as well. I've been waiting for ages for something to happen in that zone, especially since Galen became a Forsaken in Cata.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    Arathi needs attention as well. I've been waiting for ages for something to happen in that zone, especially since Galen became a Forsaken in Cata.
    Me too. Instead, Horde got beefed up in the area and our refuge is...well...about the same as it was before.

Deleted
    it would be nice if gilneas would be a playable zone for all toon and not just worgen till lvl 10(-15)

15+ Year Old Account
    Me too. Instead, Horde got beefed up in the area and our refuge is...well...about the same as it was before.
    We will recapture Stromgarde and hopefully very soon.

the flaming red banners of Stromgarde will rise once again.
    Last edited by Gamevizier; 2013-09-13 at 01:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i hope sylvanas doesn't die, only cool horde leader left. anyway, im hoping she kills Jaina, that whiny bitch has had it coming for a while now.
    dragonmaw - EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Do NOT hype yourself up expecting a big military confrontation with Sylvanas any time soon. Any concerted Alliance action with the aim of destroying the Forsaken would simply reignite the war as the rest of the Horde would be drawn in and Blizzard has just done this storyline.

What might happen, based upon Varian's dialogue and a little bit of datamining from a few patches ago, is this.

Patch 5.5. gives the Alliance a bone when they drive the Forsaken out of Gilneas. Gilneas becomes phased for Horde players as a questing zone (its heavily interwoven with Silverpine).

The Alliance also retakes Stromgarde (the bones of a scenario for this were datamined). This counts as the containing Sylvanas bit, because the Alliance now has a major base on her eastern border.

There may also be an effort to rebuild something in dustwallow marsh to take the place of theramore, at least to accomodate the garrison.

And that's it.

For the Forsaken levelling experience to work, the Horde retains Tirisfal, Silverpine (and phased Gilneas) and Hillsbrad. These zones should be considered lost to the Alliance.

If Arathi get's spruced up, I'd like to see Hammerfall get upgraded as a forward Horde base. It's still a rotting refugee camp after all.

- - - Updated - - -

Arathi is a crater for both factions. The questlines were barely touched, although Galen became Forsaken, and Hammerfall remains as a collection of huts. The zone needs serious attention, maybe they can do a world pvp experiment there or something. I don't think anyone would miss any of the current content in the zone if it were removed in favour of something grander.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rumaya2000 View Post
    Do NOT hype yourself up expecting a big military confrontation with Sylvanas any time soon. Any concerted Alliance action with the aim of destroying the Forsaken would simply reignite the war as the rest of the Horde would be drawn in and Blizzard has just done this storyline.

What might happen, based upon Varian's dialogue and a little bit of datamining from a few patches ago, is this.

Patch 5.5. gives the Alliance a bone when they drive the Forsaken out of Gilneas. Gilneas becomes phased for Horde players as a questing zone (its heavily interwoven with Silverpine).

The Alliance also retakes Stromgarde (the bones of a scenario for this were datamined). This counts as the containing Sylvanas bit, because the Alliance now has a major base on her eastern border.

There may also be an effort to rebuild something in dustwallow marsh to take the place of theramore, at least to accomodate the garrison.

And that's it.

For the Forsaken levelling experience to work, the Horde retains Tirisfal, Silverpine (and phased Gilneas) and Hillsbrad. These zones should be considered lost to the Alliance.

If Arathi get's spruced up, I'd like to see Hammerfall get upgraded as a forward Horde base. It's still a rotting refugee camp after all.
    Silverpine questline can change to reflect the events that happen after SoO. if that happens there won't be any problem regarding horde questlines in Gilneas.

Hammerfall should turn into a mighty fortress as a response to Stromgarde takeover (if that event happens) it should also get a tunnel to the troll coastal town at Aerie Peak to ease travel (give those Goblins a chest of gold and several barrels of Dynamite and they do wonders.)

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's a difference between Siege of Undercity and Containment.

The Cold War was a battle of containment on both sides, yet there never was a Siege of Moscow.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    i hope sylvanas doesn't die, only cool horde leader left. anyway, im hoping she kills Jaina, that whiny bitch has had it coming for a while now.
    I can see Jaina as raid boss if she keeps acting like the way she is now

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    Silverpine questline can change to reflect the events that happen after SoO. if that happens there won't be any problem regarding horde questlines in Gilneas.
    This is where we start to get into the sticky part about having SoO at all. Garrosh is gone, so much of the Horde level experience is now obsolete. Does Blizz go back and smooth over the questing inaccuracies by replacing Garrosh with Vol'jin? Do they also update some areas to show Alliance comebacks?

Would that have a negative impact on the endgame like the total world remake in Cata did?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    Except the tirisfal,silverpine and hillsbrad questlines are all part of an extremely well written inter-connected whole. The end of the silverpine chain was a genuine 'WTF' moment. I don't think Blizz fancies overhauling those zones again when they can simply phase the place, especially when in my opinion they are some of the best work in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DoffyKing View Post
    I can see Jaina as raid boss if she keeps acting like the way she is now
    it does seem like they are building her up for a boss. she's more hostile than Varian now. she will just either outright die, or become a boss soon. i hope Sylvanas kills her and turns her into a forsaken.
    dragonmaw - EU

Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    Only Jaina? I hope she kills all of them and makes them her new mindless slaves.

Sylvanas+Garrosh, new faction>No PvE, only PvP where you go with them to completely destroy anybody that stands in your way.
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

Quote Originally Posted by rumaya2000 View Post
    Except the tirisfal,silverpine and hillsbrad questlines are all part of an extremely well written inter-connected whole. The end of the silverpine chain was a genuine 'WTF' moment. I don't think Blizz fancies overhauling those zones again when they can simply phase the place, especially when in my opinion they are some of the best work in the game.
    Indeed. Blizzard can phase stuff, and they've shown they can do it well(-ish). Now they just need to take full advantage of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    This is where we start to get into the sticky part about having SoO at all. Garrosh is gone, so much of the Horde level experience is now obsolete. Does Blizz go back and smooth over the questing inaccuracies by replacing Garrosh with Vol'jin? Do they also update some areas to show Alliance comebacks?

Would that have a negative impact on the endgame like the total world remake in Cata did?
    The sane answer would to be phase a single room in Orgrimmar. Garrosh as warchief before the events of SOO, upon finishing SOO or dinging 91 he is replaced with Vol'Jin.

I'm not sure if it's a bug but sometimes when I enter Grommash Hold and approach Garrosh he fades out for a moment and then in, sort of like phased content has been shown to do.