Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I want him to be corrupted as hell and become a Fel orc general and he becomes so strong that we have to hunt him across the twisting nether along with his expedition of loyalist. Sorta like what Ner'zhul was gonna do in warcraft 2.

I want the burning legion to break him out in patch 5.5 and I want him to die two expansions later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gut instinct: he'll be freed by Wrathion and become his new 'champion'. I am so feeling the next big 'n bad will be an unholy alliance of Azshara, Wrathion and Garrosh. That would be a force to be reckoned with.

Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    whats going to happen is a legion invasion begins at the end of MoP, and Garrosh sacrifices himself killing a large demon.
    Hes to much of a coward

[QUOTE=Bmfstunner;22389831]Why would the Pandas execute him? I highly doubt that they would do that, they aren't the executing type.[QUOTE]

Read the Shado-pan short story, and you will find that they oftentimes do much more than "simply" executing a prisoner.

I hope they just chop his head off and get done with it. No redemption, no "orgrimmar was merely a setback", nothing. He did enough, now it's time for him to pay for his crimes.

Read the Shado-pan short story, and you will find that they oftentimes do much more than "simply" executing a prisoner.
    Where is this short story?

Deleted
    Garrosh just became Illidan 2.0.

PS: Illidan's crimes were far worse, yet lots of people still love him.

I'd say that's most likely the case. He will probably answer a lot for his crimes the entirety of the next expansion, and then come back as a reluctantly accepted hero in the expansion after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiro Tagachi View Post

Illidan was loved because he had an interesting back story, a lot of which was experienced while playing as him in WC3. Illidan is a classic antihero. Garrosh didn't really have the time to develop organically the way Illidan did; his abrupt change from "The Impotent Leader" to raving warmonger to warchief just didn't vibe for many people.

Really? In whose eyes? The Night Elves, and that's about it. I mean, fuck me, Illidan became a demon to save the WHOLE of ashenvale, and Malfurion still bitched about it. Talk about being an ungrateful cunt...

Garrosh, however, butchered most of the Horde, screwed over the Sunreavers TWICE, brought war to Pandaria, corrupted the Vale, tried to perform mass genocide on the Darkspear, and captured and killed Theramore citizens. Everyone has a reason to be pissed at Garrosh.

I hope he's being set up for a Napoleanic fate.

You know how Orcs say, "death before dishonor"? Garrosh doesn't deserve death.

i hope the celestials lock garrosh somewhere deep underground where he will spend the rest of eternity as a living host and prison for the last remnant of y'saarj.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskra View Post
    I'd say that's most likely the case. He will probably answer a lot for his crimes the entirety of the next expansion, and then come back as a reluctantly accepted hero in the expansion after that.
    Ughhhh. I'm kind of done with him. Please Blizzard, just make new characters for us to love. Emphasis on love...meaning take some time to make them meaningful. Something is going to happen with Garrosh, it's pretty obvious, but I personally hope that it happens in the pre-expac patch rather than over the course of two expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can see how the whole experience has humbled Garrosh... if not im sure Trassk will love to raid him again

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they do, and why wouldn't they? If Blizzard wanted him dead they would have just let Thrall smash his head in. I'm not a fan of the whole redemption deal, but I'd like it if Garrosh had some kind of second chance, instead of just a complete 180 personality change. He was an amazing champion of the Horde, just a terrible Warchief. Every other orc on Azeroth got a second chance, so why deny it to Garrosh?

Quote Originally Posted by lopk View Post
    Ughhhh. I'm kind of done with him. Please Blizzard, just make new characters for us to love. Emphasis on love...meaning take some time to make them meaningful. Something is going to happen with Garrosh, it's pretty obvious, but I personally hope that it happens in the pre-expac patch rather than over the course of two expansions.
    Forcing new characters down our throat is the last thing the game needs. The Warcraft storyline is bloated enough as it is, with tons of beloved characters that are little more than quest givers in game. The majority of the race leaders do little more than just sit in their capitals. Blizzard needs to keep up with what they've been doing in MoP, and learn to balance out the focus of their storyline. Anduin, Vol'jin and Lor'themar are great examples of this, as both had almost done nothing since WoW started. It's more interesting when the storyline DOESN'T revolve around Varian and whoever happens to be the current warchief.
    Last edited by tinyninja; 2013-09-14 at 05:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by babo7000 View Post
    Yes another Garrosh thread. Anyways, a lot of people here are speculating Garrosh is going to break off and go evil again. I mean, it's unlikely they let him survive the siege just to be killed later on in a trial. But, why would he be so eager for revenge?

Look at his face in the cinematic. He's crushed. He can't even muster up the will to say anything. Garrosh, the proud Orc Warrior, has been defeated in combat, and spared the glory of death. The last part is very important. Garrosh lives off 'Victory or Death'; He led the Horde on that ideal alone. But he hasn't been given that, the honourable death every Orc aspires to have.

That isn't the worst of it, however, Garrosh has done exactly what he was afraid he would do. He turned into his father, leading the Orcs into darkness, giving into a power greater than his own. In Nagrand, he was worried of doing just that, he didn't want to lead the Mag'har because he knew he would do just as his father had done, and bring them to corruption.

Living right now is a far worth punishment to him than death. He has to go on knowing he was weak enough to lose himself, and that he doesn't have what it takes to be a leader. He's going to be just like he was in Nagrand. And that's where Anduin comes in. Anduin still forgives Garrosh, and believes he has a chance to prove himself. Thrall failed in Nagrand because he didn't warn Garrosh of the temptations of power. Now that he knows of it, how would he react to a human prince, who he himself has tried to kill, reaching out to him and trying to help?

As much as I hate him, this is Garrosh's chance at becoming at actual good character.
    This post deserves a gold star, I never thought of it that way. To NOT kill off Garrosh is probably the greatest punishment he could have had.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I can see how the whole experience has humbled Garrosh... if not im sure Trassk will love to raid him again
    People sure do like to mention Trassk.

You weren't playing Wc3 it seems, or you just didn't understand, how come you can say that Illidan crimes were far worse?

Illidan used demonic magic just so save his people, he saved Ashenvale, he helped Night Elves to fight with demons in WotA.

Garrosh bombed Theramore(killed many innocent civilians), wanted to kill a helpless, unarmed young boy(Anduin), destroyed a Vale, beautiful place which was tagged as a sacred place by Pandaren, he split the Horde, killed many people from HIS FACTION, tried to kill one leader from the Horde(Vol'jin).

I don't even know how could you say something like Garrosh is going to be Illidan v. 2, it doesn't even make any sense.

Responding to the original post:

I don't see him like that. Garrosh wasn't controlled or enslaved by the powers, he took control of them. It was the other way around, and given the fact he also leaves Gorehowl behind all points to him wanting to "surpass" Grom by being the one to make the power his slave and not the other way around.

I doubt we'll see him 'redeemed', it would be MUCH more interesting if he remained 'evil' (I use that term loosely with him because he's not really evil, per se.).

Quote Originally Posted by Ashroot View Post
    Maiev Shadowsong 2.1

Probably he'll stay imprisoned for a very long time . Seeing that they did not developed Maiev at all since the Burning Crusade although she was an important character during the Frozen Throne. Oh well ...

Even if they have plans for Garrosh we won't be seeing new progression on his character for at least 1 expansion .
    Actually, they did. Maiev plotted against Malfurion. Now she has become a megalomaniac who deludes herself into believing that only she can exact "justice" on those she deems guilty. Also kill all highbornes.

Quote Originally Posted by ipoststuff View Post
    I dont think he'll be executed. Doesnt make sense to not kill him and set up a trial then kill him. He'll probably die in 5.5 though. I'm thinking Jaina gets mad when garrosh is not executed and somehow kills him.
    I think he wasn't killed due to gameplay reasons. Think about it, if Horde killed him Alliace would be pissed as they didn't get revenge. If Alliance did it the Horde would be pissed because they didn't get their revenge. So have a neutral party decide so both factions feel they got their justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    I think he wasn't killed due to gameplay reasons. Think about it, if Horde killed him Alliace would be pissed as they didn't get revenge. If Alliance did it the Horde would be pissed because they didn't get their revenge. So have a neutral party decide so both factions feel they got their justice.
    Blizzard might be pussyfooters when it comes to 'faction balance and representation', but I doubt that they'd ever go that far to just maintain balance.

I mean, under your logic they'd have done the same for lots of other raid bosses, like Arthas or Death Wing (one who was part of the Alliance at one point, and the other who actually permanently destroyed an entire chunk of Stormwind.)

When it comes to who lorically canned a major bad guy, it's usually just "a group of adventures" with no faction bias. Either that or they do something like "Tirion Fordring defeated Arthas and the players were just low tier retards who got in the way", which I think is a great way of doing the demises of major lore characters, myself.