Poll: Who is stronger atm

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Alliance VS Horde. Who is ATM in the stronger position?

As the title says.
    Who is atm stronger.

Alliance or Horde?
    The Alliance have lost some in the Siege, so did the Horde.
    But Alliance have their shit togheter, while the horde still is a mess.

If there would break out a war right now, who would win it?

Alliance or horde?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Alliance probably, but you never know because what if Sylvanas deployed the plague (whether or not the rest of the Horde would agree)? That could sway things in the Horde's favor. In a straight up war though I'm pretty sure the Horde would get crushed, as they lost a good number of troops in the Siege and are still disoriented from a military standpoint.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    Alliance probably, but you never know because what if Sylvanas deployed the plague (whether or not the rest of the Horde would agree)? That could sway things in the Horde's favor. In a straight up war though I'm pretty sure the Horde would get crushed, as they lost a good number of troops in the Siege and are still disoriented from a military standpoint.
    But then the Dwarfs can station massive tanks all acros the lands that the scourge attack, they can blow their shit up before the scourge can even see anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

10+ Year Old Account
    Alliance obviously. They did just invade a capital city.
    Aye mate

The Kalimdor Horde is basically in shambles at this point, and Sylvanas and her little plague are hilariously overrated. You do know that lorewise she actually failed to defeat Gilneas, even if there are no NPCs there yet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Never EVER underestimate the Horde..

In an Alliance vs Horde war, alliance fights for killing, where Horde fights for surviving..
    Also, Forsaken have (near) unliited supply of plague, to which, Alliance have no defense..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    Currently the Alliance is stronger is what I am thinking. With the help of the Horde I am loyal to you took the Capital city.
    However, if the Alliance would not make peace and have gone to route out the Tauren, Belfs, Undead and Trolls I think there would not be much left of the Alliance afterwards.
    The Alliance would've won (somewhat) but I think the casulties would be so high you could not call it "Victory" but more "well.... fuck".
    I think at this point its just you trying to rub in the loss that the Horde suffered here.

Deleted
    Obviously the alliance... Doesn't stop them from whining and demanding more though!

Refer to Varian's text at the end of SoO. He straight up tells you, the player that the Alliance is united like never before and are in a position to sack the other Horde capitals, but won't because there wouldn't be a way to govern the conquered peoples and he feels there has been enough bloodshed already.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post

In an Alliance vs Horde war, alliance fights for killing, where Horde fights for surviving..
    Also, Forsaken have (near) unliited supply of plague, to which, Alliance have no defense..
    Yeah, Sylvanas almost defeated some level 12 worgen newbies or something with that plague. Scary.

It's pretty clear that the alliance has the upper hand right now. And that is how blizzard is portraing it.

Anyone who thinks that the horde is on equal footing right now right after having a rebellion formed to overthrow Garrosh, their leader, is just silly. You don't simply overthrow your current leader and continue just like you have before, with the same strengh.
    That would also imply that before, the horde was that much more powerful than allience which isn't true either.

Deleted
    The Alliance, there is no other option here.

Think also, the Horde just lost the racial majority of their standing army (the Kor'Kron). The makeup of the horde's overall forces is heavily weighted towards Orc and Undead, since there are just more of them and less helpless civilians amongst their numbers (based upon the Jaina Proudmoore novel). Whilst I haven't cleared Siege as Horde, only Alliance, right now it looks like the Undead is the strongest faction of all the Horde, and Varian clearly states after the cutscene in dialogue that we are taking the fight to Sylvanas and Gilneas. Factor in that the Trolls and Tauren have been besieging Orgrimmar for a few months now - the Alliance arrived at the dock and steamrollered in with far less fuss and casualty.

The Alliance is stronger than ever. The Horde is shattered and weak, and just had their capital city invaded. Go figure.

On the whole, Alliance is almost certainly stronger at the moment. Orcs have always been the primary might of the Horde military, and that race is practically broken for now. However, the Forsaken are always a threat. If the Horde was willing to utilize them to their full potential, they could probably beat the Alliance almost by themselves. But, since the Horde insists on keeping them in check, the Alliance is definitely stronger.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    As the title says.
    Who is atm stronger.

Alliance or Horde?
    The Alliance have lost some in the Siege, so did the Horde.
    But Alliance have their shit togheter, while the horde still is a mess.

If there would break out a war right now, who would win it?

Alliance or horde?
    Has to be Alliance. By a fairly large margin.

The Kalimdor Horde is in a shambles, with limited supplies and organisation, and a huge part of its armed forces dead, wounded or untrusted.
    Varians threat also needs to be credible for it to be acceptable. Which means that he IS in a position to dismantle the Horde.

And the EK Horde is basically LT - who may not do a thing as he has ALWAYs put his own people first and foremost - and Sylvy....who has a bag pof tocks the Alliance knows how to counter.

EJL

10+ Year Old Account
    The Alliance obviously. Civil war does not make you stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimble View Post
    Yeah, Sylvanas almost defeated some level 12 worgen newbies or something with that plague. Scary.
    Sarcasm or not, you never compare ingame with actual lore.

It's probably the Alliance that is better off right now. However, The horde isn't too bad off. I mean the Orc population may have dropped a bit, but in a month or so time, Ogrimmar will be stable and the Horde will be back to full operations.

I'm curious to see if the Horde/Alliance war is over now. Can we take down the Mulgore Wall? Is the Barrens Horde territory? or Contested? What becomes of the lines drawn in Ashenvale? Arathi?

Will the update Orgrimmar again to reflect the New Horde? Will we see world updates again?

The Horde just had one half fighting the other, while the Alliance stayed united throughout. This alone should make the Alliance the stronger force right now.

- - - Updated - - -

There have only been two succesful uses of the plague yet: the Wrathgate (which was its first use, and a traitorous backstab surprise attack) and Southshore (which wasn't a very fortified town to begin with, and was just plagued into oblivion out of spite). All other uses were either mildly successful, a failure, or irrelevant.

Gilneans are immune to the plague, plus they hate the undead. Right there the undeads atleast neutralized if not outright destroyed. At this point the undead is the only real threat to the alliance. With that out of the way Alliance would just steamroll the horde. If it looks like a losing battle goblins would split town to get the hell out of the way. Not counting neutral people Malfurions easily the most powerful single person on Azeroth. At best Thrall stalemates Jaina. While Dalaran rains fire from above. I like both sides I currently play Alliance more but my main was horde for years, so I feel pretty unbiased in this thought, in an all out war of the current state of the factions this wouldn't be much of a fight.

Deleted
    Alliance, Horde feels like a vassal state now.

alliance imo. if you look at the ending cinematic when VOljin appears, the rest of the horde leaders are standing just in line like a bunch of pussies. what happened with sylvanas hating on everyone? and baine who couldn't get his revenge? or the scumbag blood elf who has no real allegiance? they just....stand there.