Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Postives that come with new Warchief

I have vented enough it's time to deal with the reality that Vol'jin is our Warchief. There's a lot of positives that come with that:

1) The Horde is united once more.

2) Thrall is back in the fold.

3) The Alliance didn't gain anywhere near as much as we feared, all they got was an empty threat for a fist pump. A lot of us were thinking Varian would have veto on the Warchief, an embargo on Horde military, a treaty of Horde withdrawal from contested territories etc etc.

4) Vol'jin might be the only racial leader respected and liked by all, from Sylvanas to Varessa, Varian to Theron.

5) Vol'jin to me seems like the type of Warchief who will be very inclusive, he will take everyone's opinions seriously before making a decision.

6) He's the thinking man's Warchief not the "Rar Rar Me Smash" type.

7) He has shown the capacity to put aside difference for the greater good, and with Sargeras on the Horizon, Azeroth needs a leader like that.

All in all, Vol'jin wasn't my first choice and I think there were better candidates for the position, but that doesn't mean Vol'jin won't be a good Warchief.

For the Horde or should I say For da Horde!

Frost Blood Elf Death Knight - Zul'jin

2) Not really a result of Vol'jin taking over, though...

3) I'd hardly call it empty. The Alliance IS the more powerful faction right now, and we'll be keeping a close eye on you. I fully expect shit to hit the fan as soon as you fuck up your latest chance.

6) He threatened to assassinate Garrosh, making him highly suspicious of the Troll. Not what I call 'thinking'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well i got feeling that north of Eastern Kingdom will gain support again, and in next expansions it will be ours again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    3) I'd hardly call it empty. The Alliance IS the more powerful faction right now, and we'll be keeping a close eye on you. I fully expect shit to hit the fan as soon as you fuck up your latest chance.
    It is empty because he Horde will never be "ended" by the Alliance, Gameplay dictates that. This was as close to victory the Alliance or the Horde will ever come against each other.

Frost Blood Elf Death Knight - Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by Thorlas View Post
    1) The Horde is united once more.
    We'll have to see about that. Garrosh is disposed, but there's no promise their won't be ongoing problems from the rebellion.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorlas View Post
    4) Vol'jin might be the only racial leader respected and liked by all, from Sylvanas to Varessa, Varian to Theron.
    Is this stated somewhere? I'm pretty sure Sylvanas respects no one, but her own kind.

I would say the only positive is that it makes the Alliance seem more interesting by default.

Deleted
    IF they dont show reclaimed Gilneas and reconstructed garrison near Theramore, as promised, im gonna flip a table.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    alliance wasn't able to defeat a united horde before, everyone and his grandmother knows that
    the treat is meaningless, Varian has shown he doesn't have the balls to do what has to be done and everyone on the horde side knows the alliance can't win

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    I would say the only positive is that it makes the Alliance seem more interesting by default.
    the sad part is, as a long time horde fan, that is almost looking the option now.

At least when you look at the alliance, it makes sense, its structures as you expect, humans are the defacto rulers of the alliance and the other races have there own story.

The horde, instead of orcs being the defacto rulers, we've got a troll, influencing the horde now, making the whole story into a convoluted mess.

I hope it comes back to bite the devs on the ass.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    We'll have to see about that. Garrosh is disposed, but there's no promise their won't be ongoing problems from the rebellion.

Is this stated somewhere? I'm pretty sure Sylvanas respects no one, but her own kind.
    She hates her own kind as well, she tried to kill herself remember. She only sees them as meat shields to prevent her inevitable afterlife a little longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    IF they dont show reclaimed Gilneas and reconstructed garrison near Theramore, as promised, im gonna flip a table.
    Get your table ready to flip then because I really do not see Blizzard doing that. Both are either inside of or on the border of low level horde zones and you can't really have Alliance cities/garrisons there. It would be like slapping a Horde fort into Westfall.

Dustwallow has NEVER been orcish territory... Westfall belongs historically to the Kingdom of Stormwind. You can compare the theramore garrison with a horde post in wasted lands... ops, you have YET an fortress there.

Ok, since Thrall went Horde from Neutral shouldn't Malfurion for example go Alliance as well?

Now that Vol'jins the new Warchief i wonder if in the future IF it happens, he would bring up the idea to go to Zandalar and deal with the Trolls there. And of course all the other speculated south seas stuff along with it =b

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Octavius View Post
    Dustwallow has NEVER been orcish territory... Westfall belongs historically to the Kingdom of Stormwind. You can compare the theramore garrison with a horde post in wasted lands... ops, you have YET an fortress there.
    I am talking gameplay, not lore. Turning Gilneas into an Alliance city when it is next door to the Forsaken 11-20 leveling zone would be idiotic. Having a garrison in Theramore would probably not be a big issue, but Gilneas becoming an Alliance city would cause a pretty big imbalance.

I like the official motto change from "For the Horde!" To "For Da Horde!"
    "I feel bad for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day." - Frank Sinatra

my problem is what was the point in giving him the echo isles and where will our orc racial leader be located. can't have them both in orgrimmar

Bloodsail Admiral Colonel Sandor's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukor View Post
    my problem is what was the point in giving him the echo isles and where will our orc racial leader be located. can't have them both in orgrimmar
    Thrall and Vol'jin shared the throne room up until cata.

With Blizzard, though, character development is a thing, so the Voljin we have now might not be the Voljin we have in 6 months from today.

Starting to get over the initial shock myself. I think the biggest issue I have right now is the troll's almost naked. I can't take him seriously looking like that. He was pretty cool-looking in his hunter gear before getting this model for 5.1, I hope he changes his wardrobe. If not sooner then at least when the new race models arrive.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.