Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeft View Post
    Or the fact that you can sell the new major/minor glyphs for ~500-1000 gold for ONE glyph. That my friend, is easy gold.

Plus, say you are a rogue for example, you still needs 2 trinkets, so the inscription one is still good, due to the Timeless Isle one is unique equipped so they can (if they want to) equip both inscription AND timeless isle one. So it's not worthless really and i think people will still get them from time to time.
    lol what server on you on they barely sell for 8g on where i am the only profit i can get from it are the fortune cards

So inscription is destroyed because you cant make anymore 100k profit without any effort from trinkets?

10+ Year Old Account
    so because you dont know how to properly make 100k profit each week means inscription is destroyed?
    1st world problems mate
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Theres always people making new toons and buying new glyphs, I used to make 20k easily each week and that was from maybe an hour a day's work of listing/cancelling/relisting and just restocking maybe once a week on weekends. Sure its not the 60k a day I was making when the expansion dropped, but its still a million gold in a year.

I say used to though, because theres now a smartass on my server who obviously has too much gold and is bored and just wants to watch the world burn. He lists EVERY glyph (even the new ones), 20 at a time, for 20g each, which is essentially cost (my cuttoff is about 35 - 45g depending on the inks used to make sure I get some profit). I just post all my glyphs at my fallback of 400g, and I still occasionally sell some, whether its because all the 20g ones have been burnt through and mine are the only ones left or someone has sorted the AH back to front, but its only about 1k - 2k a week now I hoped at first it was just a short term thing, he was just trying to alpha dog everyone and push people out the market, but its been going for about 3 months now, so I'm just crossing my fingers for connected servers and connected AH in the hopes it'll mean more business and make it harder for him to keep it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    Inscription got the most new recipes in 5.4, and not every profession gets new items to make so not sure what is your problem.
    As for Darkmoon Trinkets, they work diffrent from other crafted gear in terms of Power: They start out even with Heroic First Tier trinkets without Effort and get no Upgrades while the other crafting Professions start out with Raidfinder-quality (or worse due to fewer Sockets) but get Updates with content patches, although many Items require Extra Effort through Reputation Grind, Trash Pattern drops etc.

I personally embrace how Professions have this kind of Variety and highly recommend picking the Profession(s) that you prefer instead of whining about the supposed superiority of other Professions.
    Excuse me my engineer and her outdated googles would like to have a word.

10+ Year Old Account
    You learned a recipe for a craftable pvp trinket (Useful for non-PvPers trying to get into PvP), as well as the numerous scribe recipes (Most of which are BoE, and currently are selling for truckloads of gold)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Scribe.... Scribe.... Scribe..... Scribe.... for the love of god, scribe.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    if glyphs are not selling well on your server--even the newer ones, then craft the shoulder chants. Folks are always needing those for their upgrades or alts.
    *Minaah* lvl 120 / Resto & Balance Druid -- GM of Onslaught on Doomhammer-US, Horde

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    OT: Look out for Prepatch Event that happens a week or two before the next Expansion. Glyphs may get changed again a lot and become interesting for players.
    While way too early to be useful right now, keep this piece of advice in mind, and stock up before the pre-patch if there's widespread changes like last time. I was sitting on a full GB tab of inks and made some VERY nice profit, especially the first 10 hours of the patch. (even with everyone and their mom having log in troubles during that span).

Gems on my server are less than 50g each for a rare quality gem. Perfect gems are like 5-10g for the same cut.

I still pull in anywhere between 5k and 15k per day selling glyphs, not counting shoulder enchants or decks. That's between 2m and 5m gold right there. It's not as though I have this market to myself either, there are 3 other re-sellers who list several times per day, and many others who list once/twice per day. Inscription is fine. If you're relying on deck sales to make gold then you're not putting the effort in.
    Dragonslayer Hoddie - pretending to know what I'm doing!

The issue here is that you were reliant on a crutch, a small part of the profession which brought your profit and now are falling flat now that single part is no longer as attractive as it was.
    Expand a bit, look at the profession as more than just decks.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty happy with my scribe tbh. It largely depends on what realm you're on, but I can still make great money on mine.

Quote Originally Posted by kynthrus View Post
    Scribe.... Scribe.... Scribe..... Scribe.... for the love of god, scribe.
    Glad I wasn't the only one thinking it. Of course some brilliant soul on my realm started a trend of calling them inscriptionators.

I still sell quite a few trinkets each month. They aren't a huge money maker, but people still buy. Glyphs are the real gold mine.

Deleted
    Inscription makes enough money in the first couple of months of the expansion. The trick is to level it on multiple chars (one of the easiest professions to level) prior to the next expansion, make cards, make decks, sell em and make lots of gold. Once decks stop selling change professions, maybe in the next patch when (if they keep up the current trend) you get a daily CD and can craft items with it (i.e. Sky Golem).

A lot of gold for pretty much minimal effort. None of this list / relist bullcrap that goes with selling glyphs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    None of this list / relist bullcrap that goes with selling glyphs.
    Like other people have mentioned, the "relist bullcrap" is what makes the real money.

Deleted
    Glyphs are worse moneymaking wise than doing dailys. Not many get sold as only new alts need a couple, and the prices drop alot, making 30-50g profit per glyph. and you dont really sell many glyphs per day. 5 on a good day. Ofcourse more if you gank the AH 24/7.

E: this is with my Finnish-heavy server aka full of wannabe elitists sitting in the ah 24/7 undercutting each other.
    Last edited by mmoc7f4ca4fed4; 2013-10-09 at 10:52 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Minaah View Post
    if glyphs are not selling well on your server--even the newer ones, then craft the shoulder chants. Folks are always needing those for their upgrades or alts.
    It really depends on your servers economy and the amount of AH bots/grinders tbh. It's almost impossible to sell glyphs on my server, cause there's so many people playing the AH non stop. For someone who just want to make a bit profit off a profession, it just isn't viable atm. SOME of the new glyphs can net you 4-500g - IF you're lucky. But often there's so many on the AH undercutting by huge amounts, that the price will go from 4-500 to 100g in 1 hour. At best the shoulder enchants sell for 150g and again, people keep undercutting you non stop.

I have to agree with the people asking the question the OP asks. I've made a lot more gold on my LW, BS, JC and enchanting toons than on my scribe - overall that is. For people who mainly spend their time playing the AH, sure you can make gold. But I raid Heroics 4-5 times per week and don't have time nor interest in playing the AH. For the average player (in terms of making gold) it does actually seem a bit "unfair".

The glyph aren't an issue. Yes I can make lots of glyphs and try to sell them on AH, but so can 200 other scribes, so the competition is insane. Many new glyphs on my server go for <100g and there are pages of each one on AH. Also person needs to buy glyph only one time and thats it. So selling them and making profit out of them is out of question. I can make 3k-5k gold/hour by farming Trade Prince Donais with the help of cross realm friends and thats pure gold.

Granted, inscription is amazing at start, but alchemist, JC, BS, mining/herbalism are much better on a long run. I can buy 100s of stacks of herbs, make potions using autoclicker or some addon while i sleep, go outside and have a drink, watch movie, and when I come back i'll just post them on AH and they will sell that day. I'm not saying that inscription is bad, but it needs to be redesigned for later in progress. That is why I said, why did they introduced such high ilvl trinkets that you can get fast instead of making improved ones for inscription, that would take 2x amount of mats needed or if you have one already that you need one more so you can merge them and make stronger?

As I said, from DS when I had one scribe I had to lvl 6 more in order to make same amount of cards due to GCD. That cost me time and gold and at start every profession is "hard" to lvl. It took me 300k gold for 1st months to make cards/inks and another 350K or so to lvl 7 inscribers to max, 6 of them from 0-600. So yeah making a 2mill in 2 months with an investment of 700k might be nice for some, but i spent 4-5hours each day just milling herbs, making inks, trying to sell cards I have more then 2x and so on...

I leveled inscription for the same reason why ppl leveled engineering now, to make profit. Many did by selling Sky Golem, but more had to be satisfied with 30-50k profit with 30sec invested/day. So lets say 1k/day = 30k/30days, or 2k per 1min, thats 120k for 60min game play. Yes you have to wait 30days for each one, but same is with inscription due to DMF only it takes less mats to build one deck.

Is there any link for TSM setup for Inscription? I cant fine any for 5.4 patch, Thanks in advance!!!