Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Read what he wrote about Garrosh..... then read what he wrote about Voljin..

You could say he is doing exactly now what he did with Garrosh....

I wouldn't be surprised if Sylvanas' antagonism going to to be brought to a head in either the pre-xpac 6.0 patch, or in the xpac itself, with the return of Alleria.

I can see it now; after being cut off from the goings on in Azeroth for so long, she comes back and sees her sister all crazy and corpsified. She might refuse to accept and it either convince of force (through mystical means or otherwise) Sylvanas to change.

Just as a question for lore nerds.. is there any alliance race that could possibly side with Sylvanas?

Deleted
    Looks like material for future short stories, if you ask me.

Certainly hoping that they retake Gilneas; not least given the the Horde technically have one city more than the Alliance now since they managed to retake the Echo Isles, whilst the Gnomes failed to take back Gnomergan (again). Sure, it might not be much of a city in-game; but isn't the Horde always telling the Alliance to be satisfied with their victories that aren't shown in-game? (The main one being Dalaran, which is still a neutral city in-game despite being an Alliance city in lore now)

The one thing I was most excited about in terms of Cataclysm (from a roleplaying perspective), was having a Victorian-style city to call my home. Having that dream ruined for the Forsaken left me bitter for a very long time; but hopefully Varian keeps to his word and we take it back. If it was taken back in 5.5, that'd be even better.
    Last edited by Austilias; 2013-09-16 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    Read what he wrote about Garrosh..... then read what he wrote about Voljin..

You could say he is doing exactly now what he did with Garrosh....
    I did predict he'd run out of things to do once Garrosh was offed, but I guess he just replaced him with someone else LK-style.

Just as a question for lore nerds.. is there any alliance race that could possibly side with Sylvanas?
    At this point there isn't even a Horde race that would side with her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Edit: Oh, Alleria.. yeah, that one. She has 2 sisters doesn't she..

Wait, which one was Rhonin's wife? urgh, all these elves and their stupid names.
    Last edited by Al Gorefiend; 2013-09-16 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    This falls pretty much in line with me 'sensing' that the next expansion is going to be very Forsaken oriented lore-wise.

Maybe they should do a return to Outlands and Northrend expansion to capitalize on nostalgia and returning to the roots after having explored something exotic and new in Pandaria. People would cream their pants at the idea of an expansion heavily based on the continuation of both TBC and WotLK lore.
    The TBC lore would be especially nice to me personally. The Draenei are the only race whose lore and the execution of it has ever been described as a "train wreck" (Metzen), and the only thing to do when you make a train wreck is to clean it up. When one takes into account the fact that Blood Elves have consistently gotten lore since TBC (Sunreavers in WOTLK, Reliquary in Cata, part of the Dominance Offensive questline & the entirety of Thunder Isle in MoP), then I think giving the Draenei the limelight is the very least they could do. That of course, and you had the incident in Wolfheart where Velen turned up to the meeting of the Alliance leaders and they all thought the Draenei had gone neutral at that point; which was frankly ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Edit: Oh, Alleria.. yeah, that one. She has 2 sisters doesn't she..

Wait, which one was Rhonin's wife? urgh, all these elves and their stupid names.
    At this point it's pretty reasonable to expect every Alliance hero of note to be turned into a neutral quest giver. That has sadly been the trend so far.

Deleted
    No, not one. there is no reason for them to join them, humans and worgens want to return it as "human" land. The dwarfs/gnomes/night/dranies have nothing to do with lorderan, and none of them are a big fan of "undead" people, and they are already part of the alliance.

there is no reason, nor any benefit they can gain by plagueing the world

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Certainly hoping that they retake Gilneas; not least given the the Horde technically have one city more than the Alliance now since they managed to retake the Echo Isles, whilst the Gnomes failed to take back Gnomergan (again). Sure, it might not be much of a city in-game; but isn't the Horde always telling the Alliance to be satisfied with their victories that aren't shown in-game? (The main one being Dalaran, which is still a neutral city in-game despite being an Alliance city in lore now)

The one thing I was most excited about in terms of Cataclysm (from a roleplaying perspective), was having a Victorian-style city to call my home. Having that dream ruined for the Forsaken left me bitter for a very long time; but hopefully Varian keeps to his word and we take it back. If it was taken back in 5.5, that'd be even better.
    I think the aliance undervalue Dalaran a lot.. You guys have a bloody movable mage city with a crazy archmage that controls one of the most powerfull magical items in the world the focusing iris.. If Jaina so wanted she could wipe out any horde city in the blink of an eye.. I would gladly give one or 2 mud hut cities we control for a fortress like that.. Even if it dosent do much in game..

To be honest if in 5.5 or 6.0 we see a clash in gilneas.. I would be cool with the aliance gettin their doggie lackeys their sheds back.. But it would be cool if jaina wanted more and used dalaran to try and go further north to try and get undercity.. Only to get stopped by sylvanas personal flying fortress Malykriss!!
    Jaina shits herself not wanting to sacrifice the entire city of dalaran against a almost indestructble necropolis and backs away to the dalaran crater keeping the forsaken in check..The aliance pups get their city back and everything settles down..
    Last edited by mmoc7c417b0bc4; 2013-09-16 at 04:57 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Half? I thought it was just one not present.
    Velen, Genn, Aysa, Falstad and Muradin are all missing.

ETA: Varian, Jaina, Anduin, Tyrande, Mekkatorque and Moira are there. So yeah, about half of them are missing, more if you don't count Jaina and Anduin who in a gameplay sense aren't Alliance leaders. On the Horde side only Ji Firepaw is missing (and I wouldn't have mind a Saurfang cameo). Just goes to show the kind of treatment the Alliance gets.

Edited to rectify my appalling maths.
    Last edited by mmoce35ea8b457; 2013-09-16 at 05:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The TBC lore would be especially nice to me personally. The Draenei are the only race whose lore and the execution of it has ever been described as a "train wreck" (Metzen), and the only thing to do when you make a train wreck is to clean it up. When one takes into account the fact that Blood Elves have consistently gotten lore since TBC (Sunreavers in WOTLK, Reliquary in Cata, part of the Dominance Offensive questline & the entirety of Thunder Isle in MoP), then I think giving the Draenei the limelight is the very least they could do. That of course, and you had the incident in Wolfheart where Velen turned up to the meeting of the Alliance leaders and they all thought the Draenei had gone neutral at that point; which was frankly ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

At this point it's pretty reasonable to expect every Alliance hero of note to be turned into a neutral quest giver. That has sadly been the trend so far.
    No I got Alleria and Vanessa mixed up and went on this rant about how Vanessa couldn't possibly be oblivious to the fact that Sylvanas is the Forsaken leader. Like seriously, she'd have to be pretty stupid.

Did the two ever meet up in-game/novel?

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    No I got Alleria and Vanessa mixed up and went on this rant about how Vanessa couldn't possibly be oblivious to the fact that Sylvanas is the Forsaken leader. Like seriously, she'd have to be pretty stupid.

Did the two ever meet up in-game/novel?
    Vereesa and Sylvanas haven't met since before Sylvanas' death. But she's obviously heard, she's Jaina's right hand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    I think Trassk is past reasoning at this point.
    No one noticed that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    At this point there isn't even a Horde race that would side with her.
    We don't really know that, but we can be sure that the Horde doesn't trust her

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    Vereesa and Sylvanas haven't met since before Sylvanas' death. But she's obviously heard, she's Jaina's right hand.
    From Wowpedia:

At first, Vereesa was unaware of Sylvanas' fate. However, when she learned of her fate, Vereesa mourned her sister and was enraged when her cousin Zendarin recklessly called Sylvanas a Banshee.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    The lady herself:

''Warchief Vol'Jin." Does it sound absurd to you, class? I, for one, certainly won't be taking orders from a troll.

But, he put this little coalition together, and won the day. He's also proven to be impossible to kill - I admire that.

Time to test what he's made of...

Ooo
    Now we're talking!

Deleted
    Leper gnomes.
    And undead humans.

But the actual races... not really. She killed humans from several kingdoms, she attacked the worgen and killed Genn's son, she conducted plague experiments in Ashenvale and in Duskwood on night elves and dwarves, she's killed dwarves and gnomes too in Alterac. she's undead, everything a worshiper of the Light despises (draenei).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Leper gnomes.
    And undead humans.

But the actual races... not really. She killed humans from several kingdoms, she attacked the worgen and killed Genn's son, she conducted plague experiments in Ashenvale and in Duskwood on night elves and dwarves, she's killed dwarves and gnomes too in Alterac. she's undead, everything a worshiper of the Light despises (draenei).
    Yeah

We have seen Leeper Gnomes joining the forsaken before, but is not impossible to see other factions becoming allies with the forsakens...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    That's not a clue to what is coming.
    That is a throwback to show that they aren't "best friends" since 'Dalaran' and Northrend.

It's how Lor'themar responds to everything. Just like how this was a typical Thrall-response. And your average Sylvanas-answer!
    This is not a clue, this is unimaginative writing.
    Let's not turn this into "This time she WILL go evil!"-3.0
    I don't think Sylvanas will turn evil, but is true that is really likely that we will see some conflict involving Sylvanas, even more with what Varian said

IMO what said Vol'jin, Sylvanas and Lorthemar, is a great opportunity to make the horde solve things and feel more like a "family", i don't think Blizzard will put her as a bad guy now... why?.... Do you think it will be wise of Blizzard to kill 2 leaders of the horde in the same faction in a row, even more when Sylvanas is one of the most interesting character because she have always been in the grey zone (not good not bad)