Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was wondering if this was giong to show up here.

Blizz's last quarter report made no mention of revenue being down, only subs. It's unclear to me if WoW revenue would be enough to cause the overall Acti-Blizz revenue to move with it.

If this shows one thing, though, it's that the cash shop is not going to be enough to save the game should it have to jump F2P. Revenue is down 54% and subs are down what, like 25% for the year? Clearly the bulk of their revenue must come from subscription fees.

If anything this will push F2P further away, rather than bring it closer. As Blizz absolutely needs the sub revenue to keep the game profitable.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Be careful not to say anything negative about Blizzard or the direction WoW has gone. You might get a warning for it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Without these forums, shareholders wouldn't know this.

Erm..why should we care again?
    You cared enough to click the link, read the thread and even comment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by torterra275 View Post
    Sensationalist Journalism Guys, nothing to see here.

Even if we assume 9 million subs x 15 = 135million, it comes no where close at the time. Expansion numbers according for a good part of it unsurprisingly. Yes, there was a drop, but they were portraying it poorly.
    Yes for this and I'm a little surprised this wasn't mentioned either in the op or clearly in the article. The $200+ million in revenue comes in precisely the month when everyone was buying the expansion which launched on September 25th. So of course revenue for that month would be extremely high. April of this year of course had nothing whatsoever going of that nature in terms of revenue so the two comparisons are apples and oranges and completely meaningless.

It's a lot like comparing what retail stores do between Thanksgiving and the New Year to July-August of the following year and saying that the retail store has had some catastrophic thing happen which will cause them to change their business model. It's basically entirely bogus.

I agree that the thread is extremely misleading and already largely derailed. Closing for those reasons. There's really nothing much to discuss about the specifics.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-09-13 at 11:15 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."