Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

World of Warcraft revenue drops 54% in seven month stretch

http://www.vg247.com/2013/09/12/worl...months-report/
    http://www.superdataresearch.com/blo...otransactions/

As of April 2013 revenue was at $93 million a decrease from the $204 million figure recorded seventh months earlier.
    Last edited by But I Hate You All; 2013-09-13 at 10:17 PM.

And so it begins. TESO has no chance.
    You must become a Master Baiter if you want to want to master the One-eyed Fish of the Dark Caverns!

10+ Year Old Account
    Inb4 people calling people fanboys. I'll wait until an official statement comes from Blizzard instead of a non Blizzard source.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    My post had nothing to do with revenue. Nothing to see here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragore View Post
    Haven't they been doing a bunch of hiring, increasing their staff, etc. I know that all takes money. Didn't they just also do something with Vivendi as well?
    Vivendi forced Acitivison-Blizzard to buy out there stock that put them like 1 billion in the whole after using what they had saved.

If this info is true it explains a few things and will be interesting to see what blizzard dose but until there is a official blizzard statement take this info with a grain of salt.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragore View Post
    Haven't they been doing a bunch of hiring, increasing their staff, etc. I know that all takes money. Didn't they just also do something with Vivendi as well?
    they split from vivendi, buying up their own shares or something.

not surprised with a fall in profits, a declining sub base and dying sub based genre.
    dragonmaw - EU

I laugh at this. Way to take numbers out of context. WoW brought in $204,000,000 in the Sep-Oct 2012 timeframe, maybe because the XPAC released at that time? It doesn't say subscription revenue, just revenue. They sold roughly 3 million copies of the Xpac in that timeframe, some not in the West, which could very well make up the difference.

Even at WotLK numbers, 12 million subs, they were NEVER making $200 million per month, not even close.

Well if they would have released 5.4 a lot sooner I would still be playing. Fucking pvp is so broken that its not even fun to play anymore.

Does that mean WoW will go F2P soon?

Nothing to see here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Microtransactions can bring a bitter taste to new players.

'Want to remove your helm? 2.99 a month to remove it!'

'Want more bag space? Ten bucks per slot!'

I'm so bitter over the F2P things that have happened with RO to wish WoW to that state. Maybe they'd handle it with some taste. Who knows.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just would like to point out that the info was for April 2013 We currently are in September 2013 So they most likely have had a bigger revenue drop from April 2013 to September 2013

Basing this off the article
    Last edited by But I Hate You All; 2013-09-13 at 10:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzzen View Post
    I laugh at this. Way to take numbers out of context. WoW brought in $204,000,000 in the Sep-Oct 2012 timeframe, maybe because the XPAC released at that time? It doesn't say subscription revenue, just revenue. They sold roughly 3 million copies of the Xpac in that timeframe, some not in the West, which could very well make up the difference.

Even at WotLK numbers, 12 million subs, they were NEVER making $200 million per month, not even close.
    This... Even during WotLK if maybe 8 million(being generous) played from the US/EU area, 8 million times $15 is... $120 million still.

OP is just very not good at looking what caused the "drop in revenue". Expansions are massive cash cows for Blizzard. If maybe 80% of Cata players bought MoP within the first 6 months, that would be a LOT of revenue since MoP cost like $50 I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    http://www.vg247.com/2013/09/12/worl...months-report/

As of April 2013 revenue was at $93 million a decrease from the $204 million figure recorded seventh months earlier.
    ATVI quarterly reports say they made $151M in Q2 of 2012 from "PC online subscriptions" and $101M in Q2 of 2013, and I don't remember ATVI having any other subscription games except WoW.

So therefore your numbers are pure bullshit as is this whole thread.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

WoW became too casual with lol epics and Timeless Isle. SoO is too easy and lots of people are gonna quit right after they kill Garrosh.

Yawn.

OP's sig makes this thread even more funny.

Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    So they most likely have had a bigger revenue drop from April 2013 to September 2013
    Based on what? Just pulled it out of your arse like the idiot who wrote the article you linked?
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Of course there is a revenue drop on Warcraft..... lets see.

1. Expansions do not sell 6-9 months after release (No more revenue from expansion sales)
    2. Sub Loss (Less Revenue)
    3. Alot more staff (Less Revenue)

This is like saying the following:

A cancer patient had to get medicine. It cost money and he did not have the same rate of savings afterwards.

Really OP, I know you are trying to say the game (you obviously hate, along with the fan base, judging by your sig) is dying, but this article is meaningless to that effect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Went and read the actual blog post at Superdata Research.

Key words in it are "We believe..." which means their revenue estimate is a guess. No way to know if it's a good or bad guess. Interesting read nonetheless but high on opinion and a little light on facts.

For anyone interested here's the link to that which should have been provided to start with:

http://www.superdataresearch.com/blo...otransactions/
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    Nothing new, they had to fork out a shit ton for buying back their company and funding Blizcon ( no blizcon in 2012) nothing new.

Every time something like this happens people jump on the "Wow is going F2P soon"