[ dps problem in raids ] Legendary gem + back

Hey.
    I am a warlock, i have been raiding with my friends for years now but i came back after a long break in summer ( 4 months ), and i am only 530 item level and all of my friends are at 540+ with the meta and back.

I still haven't got those im getting the meta hopefully next week.

but i recently started raiding with them again and when i look at recount it seems that they are beating me in a huge margin on bosses like immerus, nourushen and sha of pride. Is it the item level difference and the meta and back.

I dont have logs atm but the difference is like i am doing 100k on the first boss while the others are like 130k+ some are 150k

DPS is hard to measure on the first bosses.

1st one has TONS of downtime
    2nd one depends on you cleaving or not
    3rd one has phasing issues, so unless you log yourself you won't get a good log.
    You can only get decent logs from Sha, and 150k DPS on a kill there is not THAT bad, especially for someone without meta and cloak.

LMG alone can easily make a ~10% increase on DPS, and cloak proc (and ONLY proc) did 6% of the damage our lock did on Sha of Pride, so add about 20% DPS to account for meta and cloak and compare that.

No offense but are you sure you're playing your warlock correctly? It's never *only* gear. And no logs are a bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlolz View Post
    No offense but are you sure you're playing your warlock correctly? It's never *only* gear. And no logs are a bummer.
    well i used to be a mage and i used to be top dps and every body used to depend on me, but given the utility of locks and only 1 guy was rolling on the sets i rerolled a lock, after i geared the lock i was able to be on par with them. playstyle wise and skill wise i believe im equal to them. we are raiding together for 3 years.

but the 3 months vicayion screwed me over big time where there is at least 10 item level difference and the LMG and LC.

I also lack trinkets in comparison:
    our hunter has heroic rentaki and bad juju, the dk has heroic thunder forged feather.................etc. while i am stuck with 3 trinket choices wushuley thunder forged, valor and lfr UVLS
    Last edited by a C e; 2013-09-13 at 11:58 PM. Reason: more info

Don't worry about it. You care so I'm sure you'll do your research as to best current spec and rotations. As for gear, ya the legendary items can make a huge difference. Just getting normal mode SoO gear will be great for your dps though. If worse comes to worse and you are holding your guild back in heroics just stay out of them until you gear up in normals. If youre having fun and contributing the gear will come eventually. In the mean time work on the legendary items through lfr. Good luck.

Edit, flex has nice ilevel so don't forget to run that and bindings of immerseus trinket drops off of first boss (BIS for moonkin. Not sure about lock but probably a great upgrade for you) So that can be a great boss to try and coin. As a lock I would also post this in the warlock section with logs and link to armory as there are people willing to help in every class forum usually. Once again, good luck!
    Last edited by halfawake; 2013-09-14 at 12:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by halfawake View Post
    Don't worry about it. You care so I'm sure you'll do your research as to best current spec and rotations. As for gear, ya the legendary items can make a huge difference. Just getting normal mode SoO gear will be great for your dps though. If worse comes to worse and you are holding your guild back in heroics just stay out of them until you gear up in normals. If youre having fun and contributing the gear will come eventually. In the mean time work on the legendary items through lfr. Good luck.

Edit, flex has nice ilevel so don't forget to run that and bindings of immerseus trinket drops off of first boss (BIS for moonkin. Not sure about lock but probably a great upgrade for you) So that can be a great boss to try and coin. As a lock I would also post this in the warlock section with logs and link to armory as there are people willing to help in every class forum usually. Once again, good luck!
    thanks mate, thats the answer i needed. the binding is bis for us warlocks too. im hoping for it to drop in flex or normal soon
    will do will do

You should visit the warlock forum and at least link your armory/logs (even LFR ones will work to check if you are following your priority correctly and keep buffs/debuffs up)

Quote Originally Posted by chopp View Post
    You should visit the warlock forum and at least link your armory/logs (even LFR ones will work to check if you are following your priority correctly and keep buffs/debuffs up)
    well everything is in check, i have done my simulations, gemmings and reforgings properly. but i will try to ask for more help maybe i might have missed something

10+ Year Old Account
    It may be the spec you are.

Currently as a 490 destro lock there are fights where I'm pulling about 100k or more.