Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    idd, it seems that changing the "time since last proc" from 90 secs to 120 and the bug that apparently recent it for no apparent reason, really helped UVLS, im seeing a higher uptime on it in 5.4 than in 5.3 atm, often seeing it around 6-7% uptime and its only the tf UVLS. also its so much fun when you're having 5-8 sets of crit dots rolling on 5.8 different mobs for some really insane dps. on dark shamans i was reaching 900k dps in ilvl 542 gear which isnt too bad for the gear, UVLS will be insane on any fight as afflic where you can spread your dots around atleast in its current form.

I was thinking this thread was about ultra violet light spectrum.

How good is it for Affliction still? I have heroic Wushoolay's which I keep in it's trinket slot for both Demo/Aff, but I use normal Breath atm for Aff and swap that to UVLS for Demo, meeting both haste breakpoints by doing so. Howver, I've seen some top logs where the Aff locks are using UVLS on a fight like Malkorok which is purely single target. Is UVLS fine for Affliction as well? Enough to warrant using it over BotH?
    twitch.tv/algekevin - 10m Warlock, with feral/monk alts!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Algekevin View Post
    How good is it for Affliction still? I have heroic Wushoolay's which I keep in it's trinket slot for both Demo/Aff, but I use normal Breath atm for Aff and swap that to UVLS for Demo, meeting both haste breakpoints by doing so. Howver, I've seen some top logs where the Aff locks are using UVLS on a fight like Malkorok which is purely single target. Is UVLS fine for Affliction as well? Enough to warrant using it over BotH?

I am using heroic UVLS for affliction with heroic Wush and it is a very nice combination. Sure, there is RNG, but it can produce some very positive results. As some have previously said, UVLS proc with the new Soul Swap mechanic on multiple mobs makes damage seem silly on some fights.

I will continue to use UVLS for a long time as affliction.

Considering your questions to use it over BotH, I would suggest generally using the one which has a higher iLevel, however, I do like the nature of the UVLS proc so it is completely up to you.

Just keep in mind that when using BotH you can reach the 9778 breakpoint easier which means you can go for more mastery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ditched my LFR version out for Flex version of Immerseus trinket I got to day.

I am Destro, so UVLS never saw its potential for me really.

10+ Year Old Account
    idk to be honest my UVLS procs a fuckload more than in did pre 5.4 i have it and the bindings trinket and its seems to be the best combo for demo atm and i play all 3 specs but mainly demo/destro and i never even seen my trinket proc more than 2 times a fight...and were currently on garrosh right now and just about every fight its proced 4x plus...so at this point i dont see me dropping it anytime soon esp since it ALWAYS procs 4 seconds after pull (wich is just enough time for everythign else to proc)..so in my eyes its totally viable.

Same for me, tried demo today on protectors.
    Needless to say i thought they gutted uvls completly, but it procced ALOT!
    Screw everlasting glyph

10+ Year Old Account
    That first proc feels way more reliable now, gonna have to go back finish up ToTHc to get the real version. Exactly what I was worried about :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HeaddsDead View Post
    idk to be honest my UVLS procs a fuckload more than in did pre 5.4
    same for me, got the hc tf version and it proccs almost twice as often as in pre 5.4

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    That first proc feels way more reliable now, gonna have to go back finish up ToTHc to get the real version. Exactly what I was worried about :/
    I feel the same way. Time to start weekend ToT raiding :/

Though, my one complaint is that sometimes it procs TOO early. Some pulls I only get off 1 HoG and DS/Serv before it procs. Completely ruins my opener as I either:

A) Don't get a pandemic Doom
    B) Don't get a second HoG
    C) Have to drop out of Meta early
    D) Don't get Corruption up right away

Or some combination of the above. Best I can do when it procs early is to get Corruption up and then pop into Meta for a last second Doom. Still forces me to miss a HoG charge and the Panedmic Doom, but at least I got one HoG off and both dots up.

With my gear level should I be rolling demo over affliction. Also, I have the lfr UVLs 2/2, should I use it over hydra breath normal?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ossus/advanced

I can play both specs well, I've had more time as a raider in affliction but with the new soul swap change I tend to be sporadic. Some times I'm high sometimes I'm low. With demo I tend to be consistent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorn View Post
    I feel the same way. Time to start weekend ToT raiding :/

Though, my one complaint is that sometimes it procs TOO early. Some pulls I only get off 1 HoG and DS/Serv before it procs. Completely ruins my opener as I either:

A) Don't get a pandemic Doom
    B) Don't get a second HoG
    C) Have to drop out of Meta early
    D) Don't get Corruption up right away

Or some combination of the above. Best I can do when it procs early is to get Corruption up and then pop into Meta for a last second Doom. Still forces me to miss a HoG charge and the Panedmic Doom, but at least I got one HoG off and both dots up.
    Out of curiosity, what opener do you use? Maybe i've been lucky but i havent had this problem at all, at worst i have to forgo the 2nd doom because i am worried about overwriting it with a non-crit one.

HoG, DS/Serv, Imps, Corruption, HoG, Meta, Doom

I can probably just bump up Corruption and the second HoG and then pop my CDs in Meta if it continues to be an issue

Using UVLS as Destro, first night impressions are good. Performed well on Sha of Pride and Galakras. Procs pretty much every pull. Lining it up with Immolate mostly. I love when it pops mid CB cast

I have the upgraded LFR version. This thing is proccing twice as much as before.

But now this means I need to go after the higher level trinkets, blah

Probably gonna have to expect a hotfix soon, just because...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorn View Post
    HoG, DS/Serv, Imps, Corruption, HoG, Meta, Doom

I can probably just bump up Corruption and the second HoG and then pop my CDs in Meta if it continues to be an issue
    You could try putting DG/Serv before HoG/Corruption as they wont proc the trinket and save you a gcd.

I don't see it being nerfed. I have a HTF 2/2 UVLS and while the first proc is rather consistent, you're settling for a very high risk / high reward style of gameplay. Many SoO fights have mechanics like phase transitions / many adds /etc that make maintaining a 100% crit doom for the duration of the fight close to impossible. If I had to count how many times I got UVLS procs during Garrosh's shadow realm while I was out of range of him...I'd scream. UVLS is pretty bad on a fight like Spoils (not that it matters, but still).

Quote Originally Posted by Nardale View Post
    I don't see it being nerfed. I have a HTF 2/2 UVLS and while the first proc is rather consistent, you're settling for a very high risk / high reward style of gameplay. Many SoO fights have mechanics like phase transitions / many adds /etc that make maintaining a 100% crit doom for the duration of the fight close to impossible. If I had to count how many times I got UVLS procs during Garrosh's shadow realm while I was out of range of him...I'd scream. UVLS is pretty bad on a fight like Spoils (not that it matters, but still).
    While this is correct, I believe part of the 5.4 change counteracted the nerf they wanted to implement. They felt on-pull procs were too powerful, and that was afaik the background for the changes to RPPM and trinkets being reset to 120 seconds. However, this seems to have made uvls proc on virtually every pull. That imo removes part of the risk, because the single biggest risk there ever was was not getting the UVLS proc on pull with every other trinket, potion and blood lust. That factor is as good as gone, now. My point is that the trinket is no longer so high risk as it was, so I kind of disagree with the 'high risk high gain' statement, as it's just about as safe as any other trinket now (provided you have a decent ilvl on it).
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by hypofyse View Post
    You could try putting DG/Serv before HoG/Corruption as they wont proc the trinket and save you a gcd.
    That's what I'll probably end up doing tbh, and just go HoG, Corruption, HoG, Meta. It's not ideal Meta weaving, but getting that initial pandemic Doom with all my CDs/procs is a bigger gain than the loss from the one Shadowflame.

Quote Originally Posted by Alarinth View Post
    While this is correct, I believe part of the 5.4 change counteracted the nerf they wanted to implement. They felt on-pull procs were too powerful, and that was afaik the background for the changes to RPPM and trinkets being reset to 120 seconds. However, this seems to have made uvls proc on virtually every pull. That imo removes part of the risk, because the single biggest risk there ever was was not getting the UVLS proc on pull with every other trinket, potion and blood lust. That factor is as good as gone, now. My point is that the trinket is no longer so high risk as it was, so I kind of disagree with the 'high risk high gain' statement, as it's just about as safe as any other trinket now (provided you have a decent ilvl on it).
    I agree. The only 'risk' involved is not getting a proc every 1.5 minutes. However, even with my normal, non-TF trinket I'm rarely in a situation where more than one tick goes off without critting.
    Last edited by Xorn; 2013-09-18 at 05:28 AM.