Deleted

[Guardian] Legendary

Hi

i want de know what cape did you use in tank ? The dps or the tank ? ( for 10m )

thx

10+ Year Old Account
    As Guardian you're meant to select the tank cloak, same goes for meta gem.
    The DPS versions were both nerfed to activate 40% less for tanking specific roles.
    Meta gem will now account for ~7-8% of your total damage dealt, instead of ~12-13% like before.
    You'll receive a 2 min. debuff saying your cloak recently prevented you from dying when it procs.
    You'll love it to death, as will your raid. My opinion.

We are 6 bosses in after 1 night in SoO and so far nothing is hitting me hard enough to warrant the tanking cloak. So for right now I'm using the DPS cloak but I bought the tank cloak to use later in hardmodes. However, I did switch to using the tank LMG over the dps one since I get a lot of use out of its buffed procs.

The way normal mode is tuned for SoO for tanks, I'd say roughly last 4 bosses are a lot more hard-hitting than the beginning of the raid (how hard each encounter hits will vary depending upon raid size).

Bosses like Thok and Siegecrafter have the potential to burst a considerable chunk of HP via the tank debuffs plus whatever else is going on. Klaxxi will depend upon what your tanking and what raid size you're doing (10man seemed really under-tuned compared to 25man). The tank debuff on Garrosh can sneak up on you in the later portion of the encounter, or if you directly tank him during his whirlwind. The HP of the Guardian in question will dictate heavily how dangerous these mechanics can be, since the large damage bursts will generally not be dealt with via armor or SD. If your HP is around 700-800k, things may get a bit tricky and require strict cooldown usage... if your HP is over 1mil, nothing is generally dangerous enough where a good FR won't help you recover instantly if you don't have a DR cooldown up.

That being said, I'm trying to convey that the lower your HP is the later into SoO, the more relevant the tanking cloak will likely be. Once heroics start next week, I can't really imagine wanting to use the DPS-oriented items considering how the normal modes are tuned.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

10+ Year Old Account
    Take the tank cloak, so in case of "a clean kill" you could take a screenshot like this: http://i.imgur.com/RH0BUpw.jpg (the tanking cloak saved the paladin, but it could've been me :P )

Well, for me (based on the attempts we had), on Galakras the the extra stamina and tanking cloak seemed like a very decent option. Nothing before that that seemed to hit that hard, but if you go in w/ 2 healers all the extra buffer you can get and "get out of dieing card" you pull will be handy.

You will loose some of your DPS if you opt to take the tanking cloak/gem (speaking of 10-man ny perspective), but in return if you are dead, your DPS matters nothing and could wipe the raid.
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2013-09-13 at 08:26 AM.

is there anyway to add the cloak tank proc to weakauras so i can know if it's on CD?

10+ Year Old Account
    Most probably you could track this spell: http://www.wowhead.com/spell=148010
    and this one I guess is the basic spell: http://www.wowhead.com/spell=146193

But I don't know things that well and I could be mistaken. But you can try it out

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiolith View Post
    As Guardian you're meant to select the tank cloak, same goes for meta gem.
    The DPS versions were both nerfed to activate 40% less for tanking specific roles.
    Meta gem will now account for ~7-8% of your total damage dealt, instead of ~12-13% like before.
    You'll receive a 2 min. debuff saying your cloak recently prevented you from dying when it procs.
    You'll love it to death, as will your raid. My opinion.
    My dps meta gem hasn't been accounting for more than 7-8% since the last nerf to it. So not really sure about those numbers.

Personally I have both cloaks and just swap around as I see fit. I'm still using the dps meta gem, but I do have the tanking one in my bag. So far there's been no need for the tanking meta gem what so ever.

Tried both meta so far and the dps meta is not worth taking. The procrate is way to low and the dmg it deals is only 4-6% maybe more on some encounters. With the internal1sec cd gone maybe on aoe fights but the tank meta is just so strong now,

I have both cloaks but only used the dps one so far. And so far I dont think I will use the tank one anytime soon, cause with the tank lmg and barkskin are so strong that it is almost impossible to die unless you mess up real bad.

You get a 2 minute debuff when your cloak procs. wowhead spell=148010

Quote Originally Posted by Malvesti View Post
    You get a 2 minute debuff when your cloak procs. wowhead spell=148010
    either it's not trackable with weakauras or im doing it a wrong way.

I'm not sure if you need a WA for it. It shows up with your other debuffs, just like Weakened Soul and Forbearance.