Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    But it's my $15/month and I can play however I want you elitist!
    Actually its your $15 for one month. I don't think I have ever been called an elitist on these forums before, first time for everything I guess. Is it elitist for someone to want other players to give a shit? Is it elitist that the short timers make casual LFR warriors look like shit?

Then the raiders have the nerve to suggest getting rid of LFR would make those short timers join raid groups, as if they would really want them in their raid group to begin with.

Deleted
    4th pool, Jin'rokh at 45%, and my crap geared ret pala 3rd on damage done. I cut my losses there and then.

I avoid LFR during short timer waves on my alts, and only go in with my main if there are items I need to continue gearing up, like how for the last 5 months I have been banging my head on lei shen 3 times a week for the stupid trinket that finally fell 1 week after SoO started.

Quote Originally Posted by Inthislzon View Post
    May i ask why are you STILL doing ToT LFR?

Spend this week farming on timeless isle / doing proving grounds.

SoO LFR opens next reset
    Do proving grounds provide anything like rewards/titles ? Just doesn't sound fun tbh. Sounds like a brawler's guild with no benefits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanko View Post
    Doing it primarily for VP and gold. As it is one of the better sources.
    ToT LFR is a terrible source of VP. Scenarios are without a doubt the best source for fast VP. Less than 10 mins for 100-150 VP in H Scenario vs absolute minimum 1 hour (including a dps queue) for 90 VP in ToT LFR.

You need to run all the LFR's in order to be able to get to SoO. So I can see people still running M. Vaults all the way to the end of ToT as the new 496 timeless isle gear on alts doesn't let you bypass this process although I wish it did...

I understand the complaint, but what you have to understand that ToT LFR is only giving gear 6iLvs higher, so it really isn't that big of a difference. The actual problem is that people get to 90 and get enough iLv for LFRs while still having green weaps equipped, and are too lazy to run some heroics (or their weapons don't drop) and are forced to hope they drop in LFR..so until that time being they're using 429-450 weaps which is never going to get it done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tython View Post
    You need to run all the LFR's in order to be able to get to SoO. So I can see people still running M. Vaults all the way to the end of ToT as the new 496 timeless isle gear on alts doesn't let you bypass this process although I wish it did...
    Not true. A fresh 90 who has never touched an LFR can queue for first part ToT or first part SoO LFRs assuming they have the ilvl requirements of 480 and 496 respectively. The only restrictions are between the different parts of each individual patch's raid. For example you can't queue for the 3rd part of ToT LFR without completing part 1 and 2.

It's a outrage I say a new patch invalidates the previous patch. Next thing you'll know they'll bring out a new expansion and no one will be playing the MoP content any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Inthislzon View Post
    May i ask why are you STILL doing ToT LFR?

Spend this week farming on timeless isle / doing proving grounds.

SoO LFR opens next reset
    I still need Secrets on my 'main'. 9 of them, to be exact. After that I'll need more stones that drop there, so I'll unfortunately have to continue participating in the most overrated raid in the game's history. For the rest of my toons, I'll probably never set foot in there again.

Quote Originally Posted by brirrspliff View Post
    less compared to what?! there never have been any threatening mechanics in lfr...
    So you're saying that you haven't done LFR recently.

The legendary quest is probably the main thing keeping lfr queue times from getting astronomical, but multi wing queueing should help as it increases the pool

10+ Year Old Account
    Take it or leave it but why even do ToT LFR?

If you have a decently geared main who can do Timeless Isle stuff, get your alt to 490+ ilvl and go run ToT normal, there's plenty of pugs going on openraid, etc. I'd take advantage of it, the 20% nerf is ridiculous. I dare say putting the effort into finding a group who does that weekly would probably be much faster and less painful (if you need secrets/runestones)

Deleted
    LFR is the ghetto of 'raiding'. You will find:

- People doing lower DPS than level 85s
    - People doing lower healing than DPS/tanks
    - Afkers
    - People who ignore all tactics/mechanics even if they are told standing in fire is bad
    - Trolls who abuse mechanics to grief people
    - Ninja pullers

And the best of all is: The worst people always get the loot.

That being said, I will be glad when I finally have my runestones and heart and don't need to do that shit again.

Deleted
    Just did LFR for the very first time yesterday.
    I didn't think it was THAT bad...

Sure people were leaving all the time, but we got replacements in a few minutes.
    And we cleared the first wing, we wiped about 4 times, one time on the sha, 3 norushen with crappy random teleports.

There was only one completely useless arse hat, all of his gear was broken and he couldn't repair because he only had 111 gold. He didn't even bother to repair before he entered the raid... He was outdpsed by a trinket pet...

All in all, it was not that bad, definatly will do it again next week.