Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

There can't be an Old God expansion

In my opinion there can't be an Old God expansion. It just doesn't make sense: in vanilla we had C'thun and the kingdom of Ahn'qiraj, also: the Twilight's Hammer and an Old God below Tirisfal Glades, discovered by the Forsaken. TBC? As far as I know, there was only a summoning of an Old God in Outland, by Arrakoa. WotLK - whole WotLK was filled with old ones, Ulduar, corruption, curse of flesh, Yogg-Saron, Titanic watchers... all "f*cked up" by an Old God/Old Gods. Cataclysm? Twilight's Hammer, N'zoth, Deathwing was Old Ones' puppet! In Mists of Pandaria we have Y'shaarj, the Sha and Garrosh. Everything connected with Old Gods.

So, why should they make an Old God expansion, when... every WoW expansion has some "old gods" in it? There can't be more old god-ish expansions like Cata, MoP or WotLK. But were they considered as "Old God expansions"? No.

An "Old God expansion" would be an expansion where the Old God is the main villain. So far, no expansion has had the main focus of the expansion be about a specific Old God.
    The best chance of having a true Old God expansion would be N'zoth.
    Would you call Wrath a Lich King expansion?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

First of all, we didn't kill any of the Old Gods. There are 5 Old Gods and only 1 of them is dead (I'm not sure though about C'thun). We've heard of C'thun, Yogg-Saron, N'zoth and Y'shaarj. It makes 4. 5th Old God wasn't even mentioned, so I doubt we'll really kill any Old God before the 5th one will be revealed.

10+ Year Old Account
    We *defeated* C'thun,Yogg and Y'Shaarj we will *defeat* in SoO in sorts.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    An "Old God expansion" would be an expansion where the Old God is the main villain. So far, no expansion has had the main focus of the expansion be about a specific Old God.
    The best chance of having a true Old God expansion would be N'zoth.
    Would you call Wrath a Lich King expansion?
    I'd call wrath a scourge expansion, with a heavy helping of old god.

Cata was almost only old god, and then mop was heavy helping of dead old god. It's still all old god expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, no Old God beneath Tirisfal. It is something else.

There's definitely signs of an Old God somewhere in the eastern kingdom though, between the old Bloodstone quests and the new mysterious relic quest in Stranglethorn.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by angryplateguy View Post
    I'd call wrath a scourge expansion, with a heavy helping of old god.

Cata was almost only old god, and then mop was heavy helping of dead old god. It's still all old god expansions.
    wrath was a lich king expansion

cata was an expansion about deathwing

mop is an expansion about alliance/horde and garrosh going crazy

yes all of them have had old gods involved but none can be classed as an 'old god expansion'

http://www.wowhead.com/zone=85/tirisfal-glades#comments

Quench's comment. I've read about it some time ago and it was said that Forsaken actually found and Old God and drained his blood for their... purposes.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    If Blizzard wants there to be an Old God Expansion, there'll be an Old God Expansion. The End.

... Oh and yes, every WoW expansion has some form of Old God involvement - that's kinda the point of the Old Gods.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Radeghost View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/zone=85/tirisfal-glades#comments

Quench's comment. I've read about it some time ago and it was said that Forsaken actually found and Old God and drained his blood for their... purposes.
    Dave Kosak talked about this in an interview a few days ago. It's not an Old God, it's most likely nothing, they just wrote it because it sounded cool and ominous. Besides, the Blood Stones of Hillsbrad were most likely akin to Kajamite or Saronite, there was no actual Old God draining. Anyways, that questline is now gone from the game and there's been no mention of it ever since, so it's most likely been utterly debunked.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Why have a Burning Legion expansion when every expac so far has had a demon in it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    wrath was a lich king expansion

cata was an expansion about deathwing

mop is an expansion about alliance/horde and garrosh going crazy

yes all of them have had old gods involved but none can be classed as an 'old god expansion'
    Yoggsaron had something to do with arthas in his brainroom, suggests heavy involvement.

Deathwing was literally old god minion2.0, brainless with no goal in mind.

Mop is an expansion where we fight remnants of an old god if we get irritated we got a papercut on our finger. It's pretty awful that even our "break" expansion is old god shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thalian View Post
    Why have a Burning Legion expansion when every expac so far has had a demon in it?
    Where's the demon in mop?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yoggsaron had something to do with arthas in his brainroom, suggests heavy involvement.

Mop is an expansion where we fight remnants of an old god if we get irritated we got a papercut on our finger. It's pretty awful that even our "break" expansion is old god shit.

- - - Updated - - -

I was about to ask the same myself, but he might've meant the Green Fire Questline.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post

There's definitely signs of an Old God somewhere in the eastern kingdom though, between the old Bloodstone quests and the new mysterious relic quest in Stranglethorn.
    smiley face hidden under kara confirmed as old god

You mentioned the Old God under Tirisfal Glades thing, there's no Old God below that place it has been confirmed there is no Old God beneath it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    [/B]

I was about to ask the same myself, but he might've meant the Green Fire Questline.
    The Black Princes intentions a storyline that went through the whole expansion.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

you do know old gods & burning legion are the two main villains in the game, right?

of course they are going to be mentioned in each expansion, it doesn't mean its an 'old god' expansion.

its better to have them mentioned and their lore progress throughout expansions instead of having an expansion about the come from nowhere and everyone be like "so who the fuck are these guys?"

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Mercury View Post
    The Black Princes intentions a storyline that went through the whole expansion.
    Well obviously, but so far those demons have been theoritical - obviously they are out there, but aside from the Green Fire questline, we've yet to see a single demon from 85-90.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh and yes, every WoW expansion has some form of Old God involvement - that's kinda the point of the Old Gods.

Some things they DON'T need to be involved in. SOME.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Bloodsail Admiral DownButStillOut's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my opinion there can't be an Old God expansion.
    In my opinion
    opinion
    Burning Crusade wouldn't necessarily count as latent with Old God seeing that there was no conformation that the Arakkoa were summoning an Old God in Shadowmoon (It's speculation).
    Plus, I wouldn't be to sure of yourself. We have a lot of referencing to N'zoth in the last few expansions (Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron, War of the Ancients/Well of Eternity, emerald nightmare) and a fifth Old God that has yet to be announced. Though we also have to ponder what villains are not yet subdued, Sargeras, The burning legion, Azshara (Whom serves N'zoth), and N'zoth itself (and that fifth one, let's call him Steve...I'd love to see an expansion with Steve.).
    One thing to be sure of is that we are not sure what Blizzard is going to do, so less opinion blathering and more patient waiting. (Because I don't think your post is going to influence anyone else's opinion...Though you could of just made this thread to waste everyone's time.)
    BeeeeeeeoooooOOOOoooooooooooooooOOOO-FFFSSSHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM!!!
    My attempt at being less of a pessimist was choosing Dawnbringer as my choice of server.
    I regret somethings! (like setting this in my signature)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Well obviously, but so far those demons have been theoritical - obviously they are out there, but aside from the Green Fire questline, we've yet to see a single demon from 85-90.
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=68015
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=68013
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=59306
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=65378

Those are all "demons"