Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Malfurion m.i.a again?

So after being a central character in the rts and in many books the only apparence we got for him in wow for year was a cameo in the scepter quest chain, then cata come and they take him out of the fridge only to let him chill again in darnassus? Is there really no chance to see him again back in action? Maybe as thrall counterpart for the alliance?
    What i don't get why blizzard still investing alot of time and resource to build up anduin (in a similar way they have done to thrall) when alliance already have a champion with a well estabilished lore that isn't really neutral (like tirion that still out of the alliance)?
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well he didn't really fit in with the whole story of Mists. Maybe we'll see him again in the next expansion though.

10+ Year Old Account
    He can't be m.i.a if he was never part of the ally vs horde action to begin with.
    Aye mate

Deleted
    Although a Night Elf leader, Malfurion as always been neutral. He doesn't fit on the Alliance vs Horde story.

They had to sideline him or he would have out-shined Varian inside the Alliance. Blizz wants a Human centric Alliance with Varian as it's end all be all leader, that can't happen with a guy like Malfurion around.

Frost Blood Elf Death Knight - Zul'jin

10+ Year Old Account
    Mal was pretty much present in everything that happened in Cata. It needs to make sense lore wise to have a character come back, not just throw them in the story because their not getting the time you think they "deserve".

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntardicus View Post
    Well he didn't really fit in with the whole story of Mists. Maybe we'll see him again in the next expansion though.
    This. Anyway I would like to see him a bit more, and while I pretty despise night elves, would be decent to see him showing some attention and consideration for his people, and not just for trees, animals and rainbows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    This. Anyway I would like to see him a bit more, and while I pretty despise night elves, would be decent to see him showing some attention and consideration for his people, and not just for trees, animals and rainbows.
    IMO he shouldn't even be leader of the night elves. Leader of he Druids? Yes.

shandris feathermoon and Jarod Shadowsong should be. Having younger leaders would be the change the Night elves need.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    If we have a legion based expansion, we will most likely see a lot of Malfurion.

He's pretty neutral, if he shows up again i hope it's so Illidan can rip his cock off with his glaives

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post

shandris feathermoon and Jarod Shadowsong should be. Having younger leaders would be the change the Night elves need.
    Who is required to be killed for horde achiev? Tyrande,who leads charge of night elves in SoO? tyrande..She is the leader of elves,and Malfurion is just chilling in Darnassus as her husband

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Heh, probably. Everytime I'm going to raid Darnassus and I see Malfurion sitting there while we're going to kill his wife, unattackable because lorewise he's somehow neutral, make his presence in the city and in the very place where Tyrande is a bit silly.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2013-09-15 at 12:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrwyss View Post
    Who is required to be killed for horde achiev? Tyrande,who leads charge of night elves in SoO? tyrande..She is the leader of elves,and Malfurion is just chilling in Darnassus as her husband
    That is game play. Lore wise him and Tyrande are both the leaders of the night elves.
    Aye mate

Sadly, lore aside, in game they're playing him as the cenarian circle leader while Tyrande is the night elf leader.

He did have some moments in Hyjal and Firelands patch though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    So after being a central character in the rts and in many books the only apparence we got for him in wow for year was a cameo in the scepter quest chain, then cata come and they take him out of the fridge only to let him chill again in darnassus? Is there really no chance to see him again back in action? Maybe as thrall counterpart for the alliance?
    What i don't get why blizzard still investing alot of time and resource to build up anduin (in a similar way they have done to thrall) when alliance already have a champion with a well estabilished lore that isn't really neutral (like tirion that still out of the alliance)?
    He would outshine Varian and metzen likes the characters he voices to normaly be over the top chars and the center of attention..

10+ Year Old Account
    If we get an Azshara expansion/Burning Legion, you can definitely expect to see him in action.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotiria View Post
    If we get an Azshara expansion/Burning Legion, you can definitely expect to see him in action.
    My thoughts exactly.

There's no way we'd have an Azshara expac without Malfurion popping up. It'd even be cool if we get some weird Illidan cameo too, which would ultimately bring back Maiev.

Maybe he is just taking a nap.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    So after being a central character in the rts and in many books the only apparence we got for him in wow for year was a cameo in the scepter quest chain, then cata come and they take him out of the fridge only to let him chill again in darnassus?
    Malfurion as a character is something that Blizzard messed up. Whats worse is his neutrality, the need to not deny the Hrode access to such an important and "popular" lore figure, harmed the story and character of both the NElfs and Tyrande.

Blizzard should park him where he can't do any more harm. They either need to make him FULLY neutral or get rid of his neutrality. The half way house doesn't work. This is a situation where co-rule doesn't work.

EJL
    Last edited by Talen; 2013-09-15 at 07:09 AM.

I never really made the connection before, but Thrall and Malfurion are kind of counterparts. Both are of seperate factions but accept help from the opposing faction as a temporarily neutral character on the grounds that they cannot defeat their current nemesis without a substantial force of volunteers.

Malfurion defeated and "destroyed" Ragnaros. Thrall defeated and destroyed Deathwing. Both had help from a great deal of other people but they, specifically, came in at the very last moment to claim victory.