Wink 750 GBP System Build Help

I'm currently saving for a new computer. (Will be the first computer build. Have repaired, replaced and fixed them a number of times. Both my desktop, laptop, friends and work colleagues.)

Budget 750 - 800 GBP (Great Britain Pounds or UK money :P)

Resolution 1440x900 ish

Games / Settings Desired Starcraft (Low single player, high casting), Prison Architect + a large steam collection (200 games)

Any other intensive software or special things Hoping to start streaming/video editing again

Country Wales, UK (Great Britain)

Parts that can be reused Not anything worth keeping system is 5-8 years old

Do you need an OS? Yes, Windows 7/8,

Do you need peripherals Second screen needed 19in or bigger.
    No Keyboard, mouse, etc needed. They can be nicked from this current computer. Currently Using N52TE, Logitch G15 Keyboard (old 18G keys version), cheap mouse (might upgrade that if there spare cash one day.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor (£173.99 @ Aria PC)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler (£23.00 @ Amazon UK)
    Motherboard: MSI Z87-G43 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (£88.98 @ Amazon UK)
    Memory: GeIL Enhance CORSA 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£40.99 @ Amazon UK)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£48.96 @ CCL Computers)
    Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card (£199.99 @ Novatech)
    Case: BitFenix Merc Beta (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case (£32.90 @ Amazon UK)
    Power Supply: XFX 450W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply (£34.99 @ Maplin Electronics)
    Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer (£12.78 @ Amazon UK)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) (£69.85 @ Aria PC)
    Monitor: Samsung S20C300BL 19.5" Monitor (£73.97 @ Amazon UK)
    Total: £800.40
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-09-15 01:36 BST+0100)

Unfortunately had to go for the 212 EVO as cooler which isn't really going to cut it for high overclocks. If you can afford ~30£ more I'd suggest going for the H60, otherwise you could also avoid buying one for the moment and get it when you can to overclock your CPU (~20-30% performance, depending on how lucky you get with the chip)

You could also go for a 660 and instead just buy the H60 now, I don't know which steam games you're playing though so used a 760 to be on the safe side.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that at 1440x900, a 660 (or wait for the 750ti and see how that pans out) would be fine. That would give room for a proper cooler and possibly a slightly larger PSU (500-550), though I dont think its necessary.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    My suggestion would be to skipt he screen, get a better cooler and upgrade tot he Caviar Black, as there's no SSD involved in the system.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    Total: £800.40

Unfortunately had to go for the 212 EVO as cooler which isn't really going to cut it for high overclocks. If you can afford ~30£ more I'd suggest going for the H60, otherwise you could also avoid buying one for the moment and get it when you can to overclock your CPU (~20-30% performance, depending on how lucky you get with the chip)

You could also go for a 660 and instead just buy the H60 now, I don't know which steam games you're playing though so used a 760 to be on the safe side.
    Wow, Thats far better than the system I put together myself, and a better price :P

I'm currently still saving towards my target of £800. I'm only 1/4 of the way there but now I know I can get something good for that price. I do not mind skipping the monitor for now and getting that at a late time. So that will free up the money for the better cooler. I never have overclocked a CPU, too afraid of overdoing it and destroying it

The steam games I'm currently playing are low spec, but this is due to my current PC power. Hell it can only just about play SC2. Even then there something silly like 1 in 3 games I outright lose to technical error.

Thanks for all the help in pointing me in the correct way.

I would get a cheaper i5-4570 with boxed cooler and a cheap B85 Board, if you don't want to overclock you can spend that money on other parts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baatun View Post
    I would get a cheaper i5-4570 with boxed cooler and a cheap B85 Board, if you don't want to overclock you can spend that money on other parts.
    I disagree: if you can afford it for CPU-bound games (I'm pretty certain that Starcraft II is CPU-bound), then it's far better to get the unlocked CPU now, save for a cooler and paste, and upgrade that later.