Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Timeless isle is for jerks and griefers.

This new island has brought out the absolute worst of WoW players, the toxic trash of the community. Since when was it cool to grief your own faction?

You have jerks kiting packs of elites from the Archiereus event on to the ship or into the celestial court quest givers/bosses. I have fought celestial bosses on my alt and die instantly when a pack of 8 Archiereus elites come rampaging into the boss area cleaving and shooting fire everywhere. The quest givers have hundreds of skeletons around them from jerks doing this all day and night, the elder turtles that spin for 100k are another popular one that is kited onto players trying to read a quest log. There are players running around with those molten guardians bringing them onto the bridge by Ordos killing players crossing the bridge, they are kiting them onto graveyards you name it, it's being done.

Then you have 40 man raids with the censer camping grave yards killing the same people over and over and over until they get bored or mobbed. It's one thing to kill the player, but to camp a GY when you can't even get more bloody coins due to the debuff is just plain asinine. A large volume of players will get mad as hell and rage in /1, but when you try to organize a team to smash them back nobody seems interested. You even have players promising chests, rares, etc and summoning in guppies to be farmed for coins.

It simply offers more opportunities to do what players have been doing for years.
    Someone who is an ass will act like an ass regardless.
    It is nothing new.

I think the only difference between Timeless Isle and past world PvP, is you can now speak with your killer and vice versa. Players have always been dicks, avoiding being ganked is part and parcel the "World PVP Experience"

brb gonna exploit sitting down to take crits for big vengeance so blizzard will nerf vengeance instead of 100% chance of being crit while sitting right after buffing warriors so that they can die after so much as touching a raid mob

oh wait that already happened

the problem does partially lie in players, but it is also inherent in blizzard's design and choices of approach

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ahh the feeling of slaughtering the person pulling so many adds then they just hear a cheap shot into death *maniacal laughter* Or when YOU get ganked and you murder your killer effortlessly then you teabag there - nvm

Today we got a full 40 man raid full of people to use that item that makes you hostile to your own faction.

We are on a Horde dominated PvP high population server so it was good to see some world PvP.

For 2-3 long hours we literally wrecked the place, it was impossible for anyone to use that gamble chest cave (forgot the name) because they would just get killed. There was so much rage on general chat about an army of Horde gankers killing other Horde members. We moved all over the island in a group going from 1 place to another killing and destroying everyone.

After a while 1-2 other raid groups formed to use the item to do the same thing. So there was an army of 80ish Horde members grouped up ganking everything. No one was safe.

Also a few raid groups formed to try and stop and kill the people who used the item, it was a glorious battle.

After the the action died off there was a massive amount of bones everywhere on the island, it was beautiful. Haven't had this much fun on wow in a while.

I was running around for chests today and found that I wasn't getting nearly the amount I did on Tuesday when I last tried.

Then I found that the majority of the chests only spawn once per character (what?).

In any case, due to there being very little replay value or purpose to the Isle, this will be one of the most short lived pieces of content we've had in awhile. The interest on my medium pop realm has already dwindled significantly.

In a couple more weeks, the island should be near-devoid of brain stem's, allowing others to enjoy the content more.

Quote Originally Posted by Orcindauh View Post
    Today we got a full 40 man raid full of people to use that item that makes you hostile to your own faction.

We are on a Horde dominated PvP high population server so it was good to see some world PvP.

For 2-3 long hours we literally wrecked the place, it was impossible for anyone to use that gamble chest cave (forgot the name) because they would just get killed. There was so much rage on general chat about an army of Horde gankers killing other Horde members. We moved all over the island in a group going from 1 place to another killing and destroying everyone.

After a while 1-2 other raid groups formed to use the item to do the same thing. So there was an army of 80ish Horde members grouped up ganking everything. No one was safe.

Also a few raid groups formed to try and stop and kill the people who used the item, it was a glorious battle.

After the the action died off there was a massive amount of bones everywhere on the island, it was beautiful. Haven't had this much fun on wow in a while.
    that sounds actually really fun
    seems like its a way they might atleast make world pvp possible, even on unbalanced servers. Till timeless gets barely visited atleast

The problem I've had is with people deliberately killing the Highwing Albatross birds when they know people are using them, of course not everyone does it though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh look at that another person bitching about PvP on a PvP server. If you have a problem reroll on a pve realm.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Oh look at that another person bitching about PvP on a PvP server. If you have a problem reroll on a pve realm.
    Well, if you could actually read, you would see that the majority of the OP's complaints would also happen on a PvE realm.

Do you feel stupid? At least a little?

Actually, you can't read...so this message is probably gibberish to you as well as the OP's.

Op, have you been playing wow for a long time?
    this stuff is always rampant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Well, if you could actually read, you would see that the majority of the OP's complaints would also happen on a PvE realm.

Do you feel stupid? At least a little?

Actually, you can't read...so this message is probably gibberish to you as well as the OP's.
    Well he can always leave the isle. Nobody is forcing him to be there. And no i don't feel Stupid. I don't read a thread that I already know is going to be someone whining. This forum could do with ALOT less whining.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockzalot View Post
    Then you have 40 man raids with the censer camping grave yards killing the same people over and over and over until they get bored or mobbed. It's one thing to kill the player, but to camp a GY when you can't even get more bloody coins due to the debuff is just plain asinine.
    And from that his on a pvp realm anyway. He made this thread because he was getting ganked on a PVP realm where PVP happens. If he was on a pve realm this thread wouldn't exist.
    Last edited by Airwaves; 2013-09-15 at 03:40 AM.
    Aye mate

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I make people mad View Post
    Ahh the feeling of slaughtering the person pulling so many adds then they just hear a cheap shot into death *maniacal laughter* Or when YOU get ganked and you murder your killer effortlessly then you teabag there - nvm
    I like your style
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

I'm a jerk and a griefer, so I love the Timeless Isle.

And no i don't feel Stupid.
    You should.

The purpose of a forum is to read each other's postings and have a discussion. This is impossible to do without the reading part. I've been a part of a lot of forums, and never before have I interacted with a community as stupid as that of MMO-C. The shock at how a forum can even exist when people don't even know what they're talking about, never ceases to amaze me. It makes me truly concerned that this is our future -- idiots with TL;DR mentalities.

I mean really.

10+ Year Old Account
    They will have to go in and make changes, such as drastically reducing the kite length of mobs. as well as making graveyards up high, or something

- - - Updated - - -

Well he can always leave the isle. Nobody is forcing him to be there. And no i don't feel Stupid. I don't read a thread that I already know is going to be someone whining. This forum could do with ALOT less whining.

And from that his on a pvp realm anyway. He made this thread because he was getting ganked on a PVP realm where PVP happens. If he was on a pve realm this thread wouldn't exist.
    Greifing at a graveard isn't pvp. Stop trying to argue for the sake of arguing. There is no honor or maturity in messing with players without any reward for doing so.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

And to combat the whing you whine about the whiners? Sounds about right. And if you had read the OP you would see the points he is trying to make.

To OP, wait a week itll die down, even on illidan horde, the people on the isle have dropped by 50% each day or so.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think the idea of the item that makes you hostile to your own faction is great, for both PvP servers and PvE servers (where the "hostile" member of your own faction still can't hurt you unless you're flagged).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    You should.

The purpose of a forum is to read each other's postings and have a discussion.
    LOL. There is no discussion to be had on the OP's post. It is just someone having a cry.
    Aye mate