Pre-order question

Good time of the day,

I currently own ARR without any expansions. I read that Stormblood expansion includes Heavensward. If I would pre-rder Stormblood today, would I get access to Heavensward today?

Cheers,
    OT

10+ Year Old Account
    Think I remember reading that you wouldn't get access to Heavensward until you activate Stormblood -code, which is in June.

Going on Anzaman's reply, I believe that was the case (and complaint) with Heavensward when people bought the ARR/HW combo pre-order as it wouldn't let them play until HW came out.

It does seem silly. You can register your pre-order now, which will grant early access for Stormblood. You'd think it would grant you ARR/HW access immediately as well.

It sounds like that's the case here as well.

So, $20 for Heavensward to play now to be ready to go straight into the new content for Stormblood.

On the flip side, if you're interested in playing Red Mage or Samurai, they will be accessible, and start, at level 50. So if you pre-order Stormblood and wait until June, you could play through Heavensward as a Samurai or Red Mage.

You'll have to play through the Heavensward MSQ before heading into Stormblood content (not sure if we start with Ala Mhigo or Othard. I'm guessing Othard is the starting point, though).

Thank you. How long does it take to finish ARR MSQs? Does it also mean, I would be missing out on XP if I level to 50 and will still have MSQ's left?

10+ Year Old Account
    Without HW you would miss out on exp due to the level cap is still at 50.

Thanks all. I got the official response from the support stating the same thing. Took them only a week to answer my email.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    On the flip side, if you're interested in playing Red Mage or Samurai, they will be accessible, and start, at level 50. So if you pre-order Stormblood and wait until June, you could play through Heavensward as a Samurai or Red Mage.
    Would I be able to start Red Mage right away without going through the whole Heavensward to unlock it?

Quote Originally Posted by Omnitek View Post
    Thanks all. I got the official response from the support stating the same thing. Took them only a week to answer my email.

Would I be able to start Red Mage right away without going through the whole Heavensward to unlock it?
    Yoshi P stated that the guildmasters for SAM and RDM would be located in the 2.0 area, so you just need to finish the Praetorium MSQ for the original game.

Yep, as CerealLord points out, if you complete the 2.0 MSQ, then you can start playing as Red Mage for the 2.1+ MSQ and all of Heavensward before going to Stormblood content.

Do you have the magitek mount? then you can be a red mage or samurai. Thats your go to.