Thread: Bloody Coins.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Stealth is the key apologizing to horde players is the other: sometimes they even willingly let you kill them without putting up a fight.
    Still i consider it one of the best aproaches to world PvP i'm affraid a bit that the Timeless isle's days will be limited unless some extra incentive is added to keep pve going ( i could be wrong thou )

Quote Originally Posted by Coraulten View Post
    I'm curious what possible evidence you could have to back this claim up.
    not sure if srs.... or just a beautiful unicorn

If you believe that someone is almost self-evidently false, it should be easy to provide reasoning to support your position. Nobody is swayed to your opinion via personal attacks

~ Yva
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2013-09-16 at 06:25 PM.

World PvP is dominated once more by PvE geared players. Playing with a few new friends yesterday helping them gather mossy boxes, one of them decided to try and take me on (Mistweaver vs Hunter) and while I won't base the entire situation of World PvP on a single fight, he lost, majorly.

He was unable to do the damage needed to even make a scratch and when blowing all of his cooldowns it wasn't that hard to just survive. Base Resilience is a good idea, but their implementation means you've got enough damage reduction, so just go full PvE DPS gear and nuke your opponent down!

In response to the guy who apparently has a friend that's exactly like me. I'm not the best but I'm nowhere near the worst player around. It's quite annoying that I'm sat in full resto pvp gear and I'm forced to play boomkin (because grinding 2 full Tyr sets was pretty much impossible mathematically) which is a huge disadvantage. The few kills I have are from literally sitting in stealth and walking around the coast finding players that are far away from others.

I've targetted a couple of PvE geared players which was a massive mistake, 72% base resi is absolutely insane especially when these PvE geared players end up having 550k+ HP, legendary meta, legendary cloak and heroic trinkets. Seriously, PvE gear dominates the Timeless Isle.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    PvPers complaining that they can't kill PvEers. Yum yum, I love the taste of your tears. If you want to PvP go to bgs and leave us that don't feel like PvPing alone when on Normal/PvE realms. Now if I see someone red or yellow at that with low health, I'm going to make sure you pay for your mistake. I'll just stone home wait my 5 min after I kill you and return to my farming rep/dailies.
    Now on PvP realms, I do agree that this was needed. Especially lop-sided servers where there were 1000:1 ratio. There is no fun in being in a PvP realm if there is no actual PvP since the opposite faction is non-existant.

Quote Originally Posted by calamat44 View Post
    PvPers complaining that they can't kill PvEers. Yum yum, I love the taste of your tears. If you want to PvP go to bgs and leave us that don't feel like PvPing alone when on Normal/PvE realms. Now if I see someone red or yellow at that with low health, I'm going to make sure you pay for your mistake. I'll just stone home wait my 5 min after I kill you and return to my farming rep/dailies.
    Now on PvP realms, I do agree that this was needed. Especially lop-sided servers where there were 1000:1 ratio. There is no fun in being in a PvP realm if there is no actual PvP since the opposite faction is non-existant.
    Oh now pvpers should just stay in bgs? What a load of bs.

And yes this is probably Blizzards lazy fix of horribly unbalanced servers. But it's short term and badly executed. They're basically ruining the 2 faction setup.

Quote Originally Posted by calamat44 View Post
    The problem is Blizzard added this for PvPers to have something to do on the Timeless Island but open World PvP gives the advantage to PvE geared players.

So they wanted PvPers to do something, but the PvPers need to be PvE geared to benefit from it... logically it doesn't make sense and it just shows a half thought out idea. This entire expansion is filled with "good idea fairies"
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

Deleted
    Me + my arena healer died like 10 or so times and got 600 + kills between us

Can you farm bloody coins in groups?

Quote Originally Posted by Cirayne24 View Post
    The problem is Blizzard added this for PvPers to have something to do on the Timeless Island but open World PvP gives the advantage to PvE geared players.

So they wanted PvPers to do something, but the PvPers need to be PvE geared to benefit from it... logically it doesn't make sense and it just shows a half thought out idea. This entire expansion is filled with "good idea fairies"
    To be perfectly honest, I prefer the current situation to the previous ridiculous advantage that PvP gear gave over PvE gear. I didn't enjoy having to equip a PvP set whilst doing PvE things just to protect myself against potential ganks (or engage in either PvE or PvP and do the other on the side, a very common situation on the Isle), and I'm finding heroic-geared raiders to be much less of a world PvP problem than the arena heroes were. It's not an ideal solution, but I'm more comfortable with how things work now than how they worked when PvP gear was a free ticket to stomp anyone wearing PvE gear. This is coming from someone whose gear is just LFR stuff and vendor pieces, if you're wondering.

Maybe it's time to just add baseline resilience globally and standardize stats between PvE and PvP gear. Being obligated to do whichever one is easiest to get gear for in order to do the other would be an issue, but the PvP/PvE gear division has never worked outside of situations where everyone is guaranteed to be wearing one gear type or another, because one has always had a definitive advantage. Something has to give, and they should actively work on a new solution focused on shortening the divide rather than attempts at segregation.

As one final note, I'd say it's a safe bet that there are more PvE-focused players than PvP-focused players. Defaulting on universal viability for PvE gear is a good way to hedge their bets, as a PvE-focused player dabbling in PvP (world or otherwise) is probably a more common occurrence than the reverse. I'd also wager that PvErs without PvP sets are more common than PvPers without PvE sets, because of their prevalent role of PvE in the game.
    Last edited by Eats Compost; 2013-09-18 at 01:40 AM.

I'm not a rogue with heroic PvE gear. I've had the mount since early Sunday morning. I mostly farmed it solo.
    It's not impossible, you just actually need to work for it. The fact that it requires KBs is a little bit silly, but that's really it.

If you need pve gear to feel strong enough to do it, then get it. You can get 535 gear (and upgrade it to 543) easily on the island.
    Last edited by akteliae; 2013-09-18 at 02:16 AM.

I'm a die-hard pvper and I love a good challenge, so when I heard about the timeless isle I just had to see it for myself.

I haven't had any trouble killing these raid-geared players, mainly because the majority of them just stand there and expect to be able to do their "dps rotation" on you and win. Add to that my class being an enhancement shaman, not exactly the strongest DPS in the game, but if played well, quite formidable.

I would suspect that most of the people complaining are people that were never that good at pvp, but were happy to get epics just for AFK'ing in battlegrounds or doing their two RBGs and 8 arenas per week.

I don't "win" every encounter. Sometimes I just get beaten 1v1, but more often then not, I'm attacked by multiple players. Obtaining these "blood coins" is not nearly as difficult as some people make it sound. You might have to get over your egos and ask someone to help you if you REALLY want them.

500 coins day 1;

Hopped across like 4-5 different realms.

I had heroic raiding gear in multiple spots but I'm still just a warrior.
    Either abuse CRZ, do it in a group or do it at absurd hours.

This isn't supposed to be easy.

Working on 2k now.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post
    500 coins day 1;

Hopped across like 4-5 different realms.

I had heroic raiding gear in multiple spots but I'm still just a warrior.
    Either abuse CRZ, do it in a group or do it at absurd hours.

This isn't supposed to be easy.

Working on 2k now.
    I'm sure that's how you got 500 on day 1.
    do what you feel.

Deleted
    just group up with some friends/guildy's that will also make farming the coins more fun.

PVPers, now being able to gank even their own faction, are crying that it is too hard ? Sweet.
    First of all, nobody forces you to collect those 500 bloody coins in the first week, I'm pretty sure there will be people to gank for the next months. Or ask some friends to let you kill them every 10 minutes... Or, you know, form a group and gank as a group, it's possible (though only the one who does the kill gets a a coin, sucks big time). But be prepared to get a lot of hate from your faction, since so many people don't get it that you just want to kill them only every 10 minutes and then let them pass.

I guess somewhere in Blizzard HQ, some guy is laughing all day that they really implemented his world pvp idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacepunch View Post
    I'm sure that's how you got 500 on day 1.
    i got my 500 in 1 days with the shaman totem bug. If the holy priest bug still works you can easily get the 500 for the mount if you have a few in your guild willing to afk

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peruh View Post
    not sure if srs.... or just a beautiful unicorn

If you believe that someone is almost self-evidently false, it should be easy to provide reasoning to support your position. Nobody is swayed to your opinion via personal attacks

~ Yva
    Best moderator edit ever.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost View Post
    To be perfectly honest, I prefer the current situation to the previous ridiculous advantage that PvP gear gave over PvE gear. I didn't enjoy having to equip a PvP set whilst doing PvE things just to protect myself against potential ganks (or engage in either PvE or PvP and do the other on the side, a very common situation on the Isle), and I'm finding heroic-geared raiders to be much less of a world PvP problem than the arena heroes were. It's not an ideal solution, but I'm more comfortable with how things work now than how they worked when PvP gear was a free ticket to stomp anyone wearing PvE gear. This is coming from someone whose gear is just LFR stuff and vendor pieces, if you're wondering.

Maybe it's time to just add baseline resilience globally and standardize stats between PvE and PvP gear. Being obligated to do whichever one is easiest to get gear for in order to do the other would be an issue, but the PvP/PvE gear division has never worked outside of situations where everyone is guaranteed to be wearing one gear type or another, because one has always had a definitive advantage. Something has to give, and they should actively work on a new solution focused on shortening the divide rather than attempts at segregation.

As one final note, I'd say it's a safe bet that there are more PvE-focused players than PvP-focused players. Defaulting on universal viability for PvE gear is a good way to hedge their bets, as a PvE-focused player dabbling in PvP (world or otherwise) is probably a more common occurrence than the reverse. I'd also wager that PvErs without PvP sets are more common than PvPers without PvE sets, because of their prevalent role of PvE in the game.
    I'd personally love to have a GW2 system where I can flow between PvE and PvP without having to worry about my gear. But this is WoW and I've learned to deal with it because with how Raiding/PvP rewards work it's unfeasible.

I also don't expect to earn 10K coins in one week just because I'm PvP geared and that's all I do. That said, I can understand the frustration of players that only do PvP and get killed by top PvErs.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

Quote Originally Posted by scadouche View Post
    Having farmed 550 coins so far I can say the solution to this would be to increase the CD from 10 minutes to 30 or even 60 minutes. This would allow players to remove a threat for a decent amount of time. If the "rogue" players are playing in a group you can kill 1 and weaken them. Yes, gear is a big thing when it comes to this item but players need to overcome these challenges by forming groups. The 1st day of the patch I had no idea what the item was. I formed a group with 9 people and killed on 7 people who were "rogue". Often times the players who are "rogue" are not running with a healer or maybe 1. They don't get coins from healing...keep this in mind.
    WAT? You make no sense whatsoever.

OT: just wait for the new season to start, and wpvp will not be such a big hassle for your time to spend. Right now everybody is waiting for the new season, and trying to do wpvp in a super highly populated zone, where you can`t just gank someone because even passangers will intervene to help. However, making a group will help.

Too bad my rogue got bugged, and I haven`t received coins for around 4 days
    Rogues don't do buffs or other group things. If you want a hug ask the Paladin.