Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Proving Grounds Tips & Tricks Thread

I didn't feel like necroing that old thread from 2 months ago, so here is a new one.

I'm currently one mob away from clearing endless wave 29 and could use some advice...

My main problem right now is that I have to use both berserk buffs in order to even get to wave 29 and I'm pretty sure I can't down the big sha without at least one berserk (might even need two, wave 20 is a pretty close call with just one berserk + all dps cds.)

Here is my armory, maybe there is some especially good gear for challenge modes / proving grounds I could get?

As for general advice I can give:

-You will LOVE Mark for Death. Its so strong in there, it almost feels overpowered.

-Since stuns work as interrupts in there, Dirty Tricks + Glyph of Gouge means you don't have to waste any energy on kick.

I believe that Kick is free now.

Deleted
    One Berserk buff for wave 30 should be enough. Since his shield will fall off around 30 seconds before the wave ends, so you just delay the berserk buff a little and use it with all you damage CDs on the mob without his shield.
    I just tried it with my normal talents and normal equip and got to level 40 and something. You really have to abuse the stun that follows you around to stun the enemies, that way you can delay the berserk buffs a lot. I didnt use them on a special wave... I used one on the last wave and one depending on how good i used the stun orb or if i got some lucky crits and got far ahead of the timer. Whenever something went wrong I used a CD or berserk buff.

Deleted
    Just had a run and did wave 37 without really changing too much.

About the berserk, the first 2x10 are actually doable without any berserk buff, just using unglyphed vendette + shadowblades at 20 sec was enough.
    (From my personal experience I'd say unglyphed vendetta is better than a glyphed one, even though sha drops his shield at 30 secs..)

I believe that Kick is free now.
    Wow.. how could I not notice that.. :P

Anyway, thanks for the tips.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulb View Post
    Just had a run and did wave 37 without really changing too much.

About the berserk, the first 2x10 are actually doable without any berserk buff, just using unglyphed vendette + shadowblades at 20 sec was enough.
    (From my personal experience I'd say unglyphed vendetta is better than a glyphed one, even though sha drops his shield at 30 secs..)
    You don't need it for wave 30 as well.

Otherwise idk, it's boring as hell. Tried the tank challenge, couldn't go past the 6th wave in Silver (one of the add hits like hell, burnt CDs on previous waves) as Assa, Combat should be actually much easier for that!

Just be smart with amber traps and you wont have too worry about berseker buffs (they give 50% more dmg taken on mobs). Also if you are assasination get as much mastery as possible since poisons are insanely good here (you can leave poisoned mob with 20% hp left and it should die off anyway). Also dont use hit/exp gear/trinkets as mobs beside Sha are not raid lvl.

i got wave 38 but damn thats annoying when you fail after 30 minutes...
    Last edited by wengi; 2013-09-15 at 11:09 AM.

Deleted
    Glyph of Deadly Momentum is pretty nice to have

Quote Originally Posted by Liuv View Post
    Glyph of Deadly Momentum is pretty nice to have
    It's working only if you kill someone who grants honor or experience.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    yes but its working in proving grounds

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    If the level number is not grey, is counts. You don't have to actually get experience (although it has to be counted as a killing blow, not something that despawns).
    Last edited by shadowboy; 2013-09-15 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sincxa View Post
    I've a feeling you can get to 69 without too many troubles as a rogue. Wave 70 might require some luck with procs, 71 and onwards is probably going to be really sketchy.
    Getting past wave 30 with the down-scaled gear is pretty challenging, I can't imagine anyone will claim getting to wave 69 'without too many troubles' unless they are doing something radically different like playing a different spec or doing something that nets them a large damage increase.

So what spec/gear are rogues using to get to wave 40+
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Gems are not scaled so that heroic gear with more sockets means more stats. Comparing ilvl 500 to 550 is about 1000+ agility and 1200 secondary.
    Certainly a difference that matters.

Which trinkets do you recommend to use ?
    Usually I have 561 AoC and 543 Renataki, but I feel Relic of Xuen 476 and the Bottle of Infinite Stars 489 are better for this.

What about Windswept Pages and Flashing Steel Talisman (463 blue trinkets) ?

Deleted
    Relic of Xuen is great for scaled content as its stat budget by far exceeds its ilvl. AOC is interesting as well, though that's more of a toolkit item - if you get 1 extra cycle of CDs on a wave where you really need them, it's great, otherwise it might not really make a difference.

Deleted

Obviously I haven't tried it yet by asking this, but when you I read you saying "wave 70" do you have to start over at 1 everytime or does it start from your last completed wave? Like if you get to 50 and have to take a break for a while and come back, do you start at 50 or back over at 1?

Quote Originally Posted by Vultahna View Post
    Obviously I haven't tried it yet by asking this, but when you I read you saying "wave 70" do you have to start over at 1 everytime or does it start from your last completed wave? Like if you get to 50 and have to take a break for a while and come back, do you start at 50 or back over at 1?
    If you fail you start over at 1, and more to that - wave 70 means 70 minutes of non-stop play at high level of concentration with barely any downtime in the later phase altho it is quite fun very intense

For gearing as i said earlier just use gear with low hit/exp and just maybe swap trinkets for 10th wave sha

Quote Originally Posted by wengi View Post
    If you fail you start over at 1, and more to that - wave 70 means 70 minutes of non-stop play at high level of concentration with barely any downtime in the later phase altho it is quite fun very intense
    Wow! Hats off to you all.

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Getting past wave 30 with the down-scaled gear is pretty challenging, I can't imagine anyone will claim getting to wave 69 'without too many troubles' unless they are doing something radically different like playing a different spec or doing something that nets them a large damage increase.

Generally speaking, I find the limiting factors to progress are wave x6 (2 healers) and the wave x10 sha's. For example I found level 39 to be easier than level 16. The other waves just depend on not cocking up on amber traps.

I think a lot of rogues are switching between MfD and anticipation for the big sha after wave 30. It's a struggle to beat it without berserking unless you quickly re-talent. I'm using the expose armor glyph for the tiny dps gain, since I think deadly momentum is worthless. If you finish most waves with a MfD envenom then your SnD should never drop.

Also relic of xuen + passive agility trinket will be BiS probably, and perhaps using 2pieces of t14 for the venomous wounds bonus.
    Last edited by lolpve; 2013-09-17 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post
    Generally speaking, I find the limiting factors to progress are wave x6 (2 healers) and the wave x10 sha's. For example I found level 39 to be easier than level 16. The other waves just depend on not cocking up on amber traps.

I think a lot of rogues are switching between MfD and anticipation for the big sha after wave 30. It's a struggle to beat it without berserking unless you quickly re-talent. I'm using the expose armor glyph for the tiny dps gain, since I think deadly momentum is worthless. If you finish most waves with a MfD envenom then your SnD should never drop.

Also relic of xuen + passive agility trinket will be BiS probably, and perhaps using 2pieces of t14 for the venomous wounds bonus.
    For the 2 healer one i start out with blinding one, FoKing poisons on to the adds in the middle and then burning down the other healer.

As far as expose armor goes, all of the adds in there have the presence of Xuen debuff which gives them an armor reduction, so is there even a point to using expose armor?
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn