Drain Life and Crit

Hi. As the title says my Warlock has a problem with Drain Life. I haven't used Drain Life since Cataclysm ended, so I don't know if something changed (I didn't see any patch notes), but now after they've buffed Harvest Life I've started using it in PvP and noticed something weird... It doesn't crit... So I did some tests, both on dummies, and in BGs and, after 3 tests on dummies, 10 milions dmg each test, and 5 BGs, my Drain Life had crit only ONCE on dummies, and ZERO times in the 5 BGs I've played... So, what is the problem? First I thought the spell is incapable of critting, but it did, only once, so I really can't find an explanation... I seriously doubt it's bad luck, since I tested it for 2 days and all other spells seem to match my crit chance, so can anyone enlighten me what is the issue with Drain Life and crit? Maybe I've missed something... Thanks.

Heh, you're right. Just tested it and it doesn't even crit with UVLS up. Tbh I don't remember if it used to crit.

I'm sure it used to crit, at least in Cataclysm, even so, I don't really understand why it shouldn't crit... But like I've said, I saw only 1 crit in my recount during my tests, so it's not like it can't crit, but it's like it has 0,00001% chance to do so, and if you say even under the buff of UVLS it's not critting, well, something's really odd, and I can't find a logical explanation :|

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogdan View Post
    I'm sure it used to crit, at least in Cataclysm, even so, I don't really understand why it shouldn't crit... But like I've said, I saw only 1 crit in my recount during my tests, so it's not like it can't crit, but it's like it has 0,00001% chance to do so, and if you say even under the buff of UVLS it's not critting, well, something's really odd, and I can't find a logical explanation :|
    if its critting sometimes and not others esp with the UVLS up....id contact a GM via the bug forums