Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Beace View Post
    People are talking a bunch of trash about the Growl issue. The mobs are NOT immune to taunt. It's 100% a hunter pet issue. Warlock pet hold aggro just fine on anything on the Isle. And it's not just lvl 92 mobs, I've seen my pet refuse to Growl on lvl 91's too.
    I was going to say, lock pets do indeed taunt just fine. I've had my warlock pal's pet tank stuff and I can't pull it off, as soon as my one is tanking his pet takes it straight off and my poor pet never recovers threat again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Perrito View Post
    bm aoe is prolly better tan sv aoe. idk wtf you talking about. painfull to keep up since you gota just cobrax2 multishot and once in a while trow a KC while SV keep his regular roation or just spam multishot with 2 cobras as well.<BR><BR>still think that bm aoe is way better, must be just me thinking that because i just love blink strikes so much.
    <BR><BR>Maybe for 3 or less targets. (IMO) Anytime theres 4+ targets for&nbsp;a duration of 25 seconds or more, SV is much better AOE...<BR><BR>

Quote Originally Posted by Fortyz View Post
    <BR><BR>Maybe for 3 or less targets. (IMO) Anytime theres 4+ targets for*a duration of 25 seconds or more, SV is much better AOE...<BR><BR>
    Then you don't know how to do AoE with BM.

Deleted
    Yea, personally I think the legendary cloak was a big boost for us as well. Because as I understand it we get higher attack power than most (due to Aspect of the Hawk). So when we get a legendary cloak with a proc that scales the same from attack power for everyone it makes sense that it should pull higher numbers for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Gagga View Post
    Yea, personally I think the legendary cloak was a big boost for us as well. Because as I understand it we get higher attack power than most (due to Aspect of the Hawk). So when we get a legendary cloak with a proc that scales the same from attack power for everyone it makes sense that it should pull higher numbers for us.
    Except it doesn't pull higher numbers... As BM it did like 3.3% of my damage on single-target(based on my Thok 25N log), for other Melees it's 6-10%.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Except it doesn't pull higher numbers... As BM it did like 3.3% of my damage on single-target(based on my Thok 25N log), for other Melees it's 6-10%.
    Yea, I am dumb, forgot to factor in the pets damage of my total damage. On Malkorok 10N it comes out to 4.2% only about 0.3% higher than what the ret paladins cloak was putting out.

The cloak almost seems Blizzs answer to our cleaving issues, though not a solution, the cleave aspect of it makes in particular BM "Burst" AOE very strong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Just to add to this, on our Malkorok normal mode kill the cloak did around 4%-ish of my damage and around 5.5% of our Retribution Paladin's damage. Rough estimate.

Quote Originally Posted by Windthorn View Post
    The cloak almost seems Blizzs answer to our cleaving issues, though not a solution, the cleave aspect of it makes in particular BM "Burst" AOE very strong.
    Maybe on sustained cleave fights which may somewhat work out on Protectors. But as long as the proc is uncontrollable it'll be completely down to luck who ends up ''winning'' if that makes sense. It's a lot like me and one of our other Hunters last tier, whoever had the most RPPM trinket procs during the fight would end up higher.

I am also doing decent on the DPS meter, but I don't play with the most skilled players ( including myself ), but let's see how it goes when people get more gear. We're known to not scale super good I believe?

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    On topic, we're doing quite well atm yes, it will however be interesting to see how the rest of the classes looks in a few weeks when we all have better gear (hint we don't scale as well as a lot of other classes).

Or you could Feign Death, or let the pet spec Tenacity.... don't blame blizz for you being bad and not utilizing the abilities you have.
    [Offtopic]Let me see if I understood you correctly. The pet taunt on hunter pets doesn't do shit, but the pet taunt on the Void Walker is the most amazing shit ever, yet we can't blame Blizzard? /Ok.[/Offtopic]

Deleted
    I play in a world 150 25m guild and it sure do feel good to crush those bloody mages, locks and rogues
    2 set + cd reduction trinket + BM and ToTH = beastmode, i burst over 950k in the start of fights (556 ilvl).

I'm overall satisfied with my BM dps atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusk View Post
    I play in a world 150 25m guild and it sure do feel good to crush those bloody mages, locks and rogues
    2 set + cd reduction trinket + BM and ToTH = beastmode, i burst over 950k in the start of fights (556 ilvl).
    is ToTH really advisable.. I thought it still screws up with focus management too much to be a decent talent. Surely DB is better?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Devboy View Post
    is ToTH really advisable.. I thought it still screws up with focus management too much to be a decent talent. Surely DB is better?
    I keep switching between DB / ToTH depending on encounter , if there's a lot of cleave/AoE involved or its pure single target fight.

For single target i still prefer DB over ToTH/Fervor.

I've never been big fan of ToTH myself , due to reasons you've mentioned , somehow I like Fervor's "on demand focus pump up" option more then ToTH randomness.

Tho with two set , ToTH looks interesting.
    Serbian <MYST> , Draenor EU

Quote Originally Posted by Serb View Post
    I keep switching between DB / ToTH depending on encounter , if there's a lot of cleave/AoE involved or its pure single target fight.

For single target i still prefer DB over ToTH/Fervor.

I've never been big fan of ToTH myself , due to reasons you've mentioned , somehow I like Fervor's "on demand focus pump up" option more then ToTH randomness.

Tho with two set , ToTH looks interesting.
    2 set could actually be interesting, but I've yet to even get 1 piece yet :P (Dam tanks getting geared first!)

Quote Originally Posted by Conjor View Post
    One week of normals is not even close to enough data to tell where all of the classes are at...
    This.....some folks need to get a grip. Heroic progression is where the real test is, and when people get a decent amount of gear we'll be able to see.

I've been messing around with 2pc and it's pretty crazy. I don't have the Assurance CDR trinket yet, but from testing on dummies my Rapid Fire CD is around 1 minute, and even lower with TotH. Not quite as good as BM or MM, closer to 1:30.

I'm pleased enough with our performance so far, but I'm worried that scaling and casters learning the fights better to minimize movement is going to lower us substantially.

I know it's not the OP topic, but those discussing pet growl have failed to mention that it IS better this patch. The taunt mechanic was adj to apply 200% more aggro for 3s when used. The taunt effect won't work, but the additional threat does.
    I have no issues with my pet holding aggro without using MD or FD. Those are more for oh crap moments when I overpull.
    "Hunters view nature as a force with which to ally. They spend much of their time with an animal companion. The bond that forms between the two is rather strong. To attack either is to bring down the wrath of both. With powerful attacks in melee and at range, and a friend willing to put its life on the line at your command, the Hunter makes a potent addition to any group."

yup...sounds about right

The hunter class was specifically made for scrubs. Having an NPC doing 90% of your dmg must take skill huh?

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-09-16 at 11:15 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Mobs being immune to taunt = protection against griefing. ANY hunter with basic skills knows how to macro and utilize their MD with their pet. Being a hunter comes with proper micro managing of your pet in order to solo difficult mobs/encounters. Can't handle that? Play a blood DK.

As for hunters not being on top before...I'm not sure why, I play with equally/more skilled people than me when it comes to class management, and I'm rarely below other classes on sustained dps. Haven't felt weak in a single encounter in MoP so far. But maybe the difference is huge when the classes are decked in full HC? Hopefully I'll get to experience that this tier around.
    If they were immune you would receive an immune message. It's happening to tanks also. Taunt, no immune message and no aggro change. That's a bug.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zallex View Post
    yup...sounds about right

The hunter class was specifically made for scrubs. Having an NPC doing 90% of your dmg must take skill huh?
    You do realize that we manually use spells that counts as the pets dps? And even then it isn't 90%.