Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Anevers View Post
    Never have claimed the Dark Irons as innocents, they were the aggressors in the War of the Three Hammers. You are trying to twist what I wrote (while pulling complete BS out of the air) to make your point. They had no intention to Summon an Elemental Lord, they merely wanted to rebuff the approaching Bronzebeards and Wildhammers, and accidently summoned something they couldn't control. Its like going to the local super market with the intent of shoplifting a candy bar but somehow walking out with a ton of Uranium. When Ragnaros was summoned into this plane of existence he created a huge explosion, that created Searing Gorge and Burning Steppes. It's quite different than drinking Demon Blood with the promise of power, then transversing worlds and committing Genocide.

If you all you guys can do is argue against only one of my points its pretty pathetic, just accept that when it comes to shit done wrong the Dark Irons cannot be compared. Just accept the Orcs are these peace loving hippies you want them to be.
    The Dark Irons never made a pact with Rag, they didn't even intend to summon him. He was an accident, Rag then proceeded to enslave the Dark Irons. Please don't confuse entering into a contract with slavery.
    Ragnaros was "an accident"? Thaurissan was about to be stomped by the Wildhammer and Bronzebeards and decided to unleash the ancient power he KNEW was buried in Redridge. Did he know the magnitude of this power? No. Did he goof? Yes. He believed he was going to summon a power to form an allegience with to crush his foes, only to be incinerated.

The Orcs however, tricked Ner'zhul (by using his wife) into believing that the Draenei were about to attack. Ner'zhul found out they had been tricked, only to be betrayed by his apprentice Gul'dan, who was promoted while Ner'zhul was fucked. Gul'dan was the only Orc who had any arrangement with the Legion, the rest were led to believe that the Demon Blood had no effects other than the strength to defeat the Draenei, not knowing they would become a tool for the Legion to use against Azeroth.

you only HAVE one point "orcs are bad cause reasons but these other guys are less bad cause they didn't know everything about what they were doing.
    You did not read my first post in the thread then, I had multiple points, including that the dwarves have not destroyed a planet.
    I have already posted multiple times the only orcs who knew what the demon blood actually was were either avoiding it or would be lynched by the rest of the orcs if they actually knew.
    Drinking the Blood was optional, The Frost wolves did not drink, and neither did Doomhammer. Yes, the Frostwolves were exiled but it was not for drinking the blood. Gul’dan was convinced they were a threat since the Frost Wolves had issues what was happening within their culture.
    but you keep ignoring that to go back to saying the dark irons were enslaved so they aren't as bad as the orcs who you only seem to view as all being bloodthirsty monsters.
    Every time they are lead by a leader who is an Orc (and raised as an Orc), genocide happens. There maybe something to that...

if you can't accept there may be reasons beyond just wanting to fight for one group why do you keep saying another isn't as bad because they had reasons that WERE to fight. "oh hey we started a war completely under our own control, no outside influence, no tricks against us, no strange substance limiting our self control, LET'S USE MAGIC TO STOP LOSING!" versus "our most trusted figure was tricked into seeing a group that we don't fully understand as evil so we fought them, then we got handed something that our SECOND most trusted figure said would assure victory and prosperity against a group we already see as evil, oh hey our world's falling apart while we're still under an outside influence and a chance of our race surviving just opened up, let's go there! *continue on to warcraft 2 where blackhand dies* ...ok killed the warmonger and puppet of the insane power hungry warlock now to stop this wa-oh wait we can't cause they'll just stab us in the back if we turn around and leave now....freaking demon blood"
    Kind of a mess there, took me awhile to sift through what was readable. your grasp on the lore maybe tenuous you think Doomhammer was a puppet of Gul’dan.

This is Gul’dan bowing before Doomhammer, who was Demonblood free, who was bent on killing every humanoid except the Amani Trolls who they had an alliance with.

If you drive under the influence, you are responsible if you hit someone. The orcs made their choice and screwed up. It’s a poor and tired argument to blame everything on Demons and being deceived. You cannot blame what Hellscream did as Warchief on Demons and deceit. The orcs chose their path, and some have decided not to play the victims. Too bad the players who play them have not done the same.

"To pretend it [the demonic corruption] did not exist is to forget how dreadful the impact was. To make ourselves into victims, rather than claiming our participation in our own destruction. We chose this path, we orcs. We chose it right up until it was too late to turn back. And having made that choice, we can, with the knowledge that we have of the end of that dark and shameful road, choose not to take it." -Rise of the Horde, page 139

Quote Originally Posted by Ultramonkey View Post
    Ragnaros was "an accident"? Thaurissan was about to be stomped by the Wildhammer and Bronzebeards and decided to unleash the ancient power he KNEW was buried in Redridge. Did he know the magnitude of this power? No. Did he goof? Yes. He believed he was going to summon a power to form an allegience with to crush his foes, only to be incinerated.

The Orcs however, tricked Ner'zhul (by using his wife) into believing that the Draenei were about to attack. Ner'zhul found out they had been tricked, only to be betrayed by his apprentice Gul'dan, who was promoted while Ner'zhul was fucked. Gul'dan was the only Orc who had any arrangement with the Legion, the rest were led to believe that the Demon Blood had no effects other than the strength to defeat the Draenei, not knowing they would become a tool for the Legion to use against Azeroth.
    No, he didn’t. He didn’t know he’d get Rag, this has been supported by in game lore. Did he goof, hell yeah.

Around three hundred years ago the ambitious and ruthless Dark Iron clan initiated a war against their dwarven brethren, the Bronzebeard clan and Wildhammer clan, thinking that they were about to unite against the Dark Irons. During this War of the Three Hammers, the Dark Iron dwarf leader named Thaurissan lay siege to the Wildhammers' capital city of Grim Batol and destroyed it. Due to this victory, the Wildhammers and Bronzebeards did decide to unite against the Dark Irons and were ultimately able to push them back to the city of Thaurissan, the Dark Iron Dwarven home. Thaurissan, seeking to summon a supernatural minion that would turn the tide of the war back to his favor, called upon the ancient powers sleeping beneath the world. To Thaurissan's surprise, and ultimately his doom, the creature that emerged was more terrible than any nightmare he could have imagined.
    You still trying to wash away the sins of the Orcs by comparing them to something different, give it a break.

If you wan’t to debate another point be my guest, but this point is done.
    Last edited by Anevers; 2013-09-17 at 12:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

You did not read my first post in the thread then, I had multiple points, including that the dwarves have not destroyed a planet.

Drinking the Blood was optional, The Frost wolves did not drink, and neither did Doomhammer. Yes, the Frostwolves were exiled but it was not for drinking the blood. Gul’dan was convinced they were a threat since the Frost Wolves had issues what was happening within their culture.

Every time they are lead by a leader who is an Orc (and raised as an Orc), genocide happens. There maybe something to that...

Kind of a mess there, took me awhile to sift through what was readable. your grasp on the lore maybe tenuous you think Doomhammer was a puppet of Gul’dan.

This is Gul’dan bowing before Doomhammer, who was Demonblood free, who was bent on killing every humanoid except the Amani Trolls who they had an alliance with.

If you drive under the influence, you are responsible if you hit someone. The orcs made their choice and screwed up. It’s a poor and tired argument to blame everything on Demons and being deceived. You cannot blame what Hellscream did as Warchief on Demons and deceit. The orcs chose their path, and some have decided not to play the victims. Too bad the players who play them have not done the same.

oh yes and your own reading skills are just so astounding. the orcs were PUSHED to do the various things they did, something that you and many others seem to ignore in favor of viewing them as nothing but evil.

drinking the blood was optional yes, but if you didn't drink it you were viewed with HEAVY distrust by gul'dan and his servants the shadow council. doomhammer didn't drink because he was warned and intentionally avoided it, the same is true for durotan, however neither of them could warn the others as it would be their word against gul'dan's and at the time gul'dan was THE most trusted figure in orc leadership.

every time the dark irons are in contact with other dwarves their first action is to try and take over. every time the nightelves encountered a new group in ashenvale their first action was to try to exterminate them simply for being on "holy ground". every time the draenei got caught up to by the legion their action of choice was to flee abandoning the inhabitants of the world they landed on to be killed by demons. if you want to keep this up feel free but it doesn't prove anything but you saying you dislike one specific race more than others.

where, and I mean ANYWHERE in what I've posted have I said "doomhammer was a puppet of gul'dan"? I said blackhand was a puppet of gul'dan, and that's true as he was the figurehead gul'dan used to manage the military side of the old horde. doomhammer was one of the ones who was against what gul'dan was doing, the thing is he was too late to throw it into reverse without risking his entire race.
    oh and going after my way of writing something on an internet forum to undermine my credibility, astounding debate skills there.

your comparing the demon blood to alcahol is a weak comparison at best, warcraft 3 was a gigantic example that if the demons want to they could have near full control of the orcs under the effect of the demon blood. so you're saying that somehow unknowingly taking something that makes you a slave to an outside force that you only knew as something that was supposed to guarantee victory in what is seen as a war against a seemingly dangerous enemy...is on the same level as getting drunk and getting in a car when you know you've had a few alcoholic drinks...

OF COURSE THEY FEEL BAD ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED, OF COURSE THEY FEEL REPENTANT have you looked at the ebon blade? they were under arthas' control until they finally broke free after suffering enough trauma, suddenly they repent for everything they were forced to do. it takes a real monster not to feel disgusted by your own actions after being forced to do something, the orcs at least show they care enough to shun the path they were tricked into despite the power it could give them.
    ...at this point it's almost guaranteed that "war in warcraft" is garrosh getting on his incompetent podium to declare yet another group his enemy for the crime of breathing his air, alliance saying this is horde favoritism, and the more....special....yes.. let's go with special... horde players seeing garrosh as a god because he lets them attack the alliance players who keep saying that out being led by a moron is horde favoritism.

1. The Orcs didn't destroy a planet, one Orc did by opening too many portals which tore Draenor apart.

2. Drinking the blood was optional, but only the Frostwolves got the message from Ner'zhul of it's corruption.

3. There have been 5 Orcish Warchief, excluding Thrall because he is human raised is bullshit. He holds his heritage higher than he holds his upbringing, he may have been raised in a Human settlement, but he was definetely not raised as a human. Claiming that leaders are genocidal in a time of war is hysterical, if they didn't fight back against their enemies they would be extinct. All the Orcish Warchiefs did their duty in the defence of their people except for Blackhand, who openly charged through the Dark Portal looking for a fight (albeit under the Legion's influence).

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Aren't the people comparing Orcs with Dark Irons forgetting the fact that the Dark Irons are hostile to *every* one in WoW, recent Moira developments withstanding?

Until the day that Dark Irons are a playable Alliance sub-race, and you can pick an Orc that has non-green skin, I don't think the comparison is very valid.

1. The Orcs didn't destroy a planet, one Orc did by opening too many portals which tore Draenor apart.

2. Drinking the blood was optional, but only the Frostwolves got the message from Ner'zhul of it's corruption.

3. There have been 5 Orcish Warchief, excluding Thrall because he is human raised is bullshit. He holds his heritage higher than he holds his upbringing, he may have been raised in a Human settlement, but he was definetely not raised as a human. Claiming that leaders are genocidal in a time of war is hysterical, if they didn't fight back against their enemies they would be extinct. All the Orcish Warchiefs did their duty in the defence of their people except for Blackhand, who openly charged through the Dark Portal looking for a fight (albeit under the Legion's influence).
    By destroy I meant ruined it, only a small part of it was left that could sustain life, not enough to sustain the Orc as a race. The reason Doomhammer was trying to claim Azeroth, his Orcs couldn't go back to Draenor, not after what their Warlock's magics had wrought.

5 Orcish Warchiefs? You sure?

Blackhand
    DoomHammer
    Hellscream
    Ner'zhul (Maybe if you want to count him)
    ???

He was raised as a Human, he wasn't even nursed by an Orc regularly, he had a human wet nurse. He was taught Human tactics and values. He learned his Orc heritage second hand from Grom Hellscream.

Orcs committed Genocide against the Draenei, tricked to do so, but not because the Draenei had threated to wipe out the Orcs.
    The First and Second War Orcs committed Genocide against the inhabitants of Azeroth, so they could claim it as their own.
    Hellscream's New war was because they again wanted to Claim the World as their own, because they felt the Horde deserved it more than the other races.
    Last edited by Anevers; 2013-09-17 at 12:44 AM.
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    "You need to look at the bigger picture."
    "You need to think how this works for the long term story."
    "Stop whining because you don't like the story, that doesn't make it bad."
    This. So much this. And Trassk was one of the biggest users of those sorts of lines when Alliance players complained that they felt their faction was neglected.

Now the Orcs get reduced, not even for a fraction as long as the Alliance was through Cata and arguably much of MoP, and "herp derp the lore has gone to shit" now that his dog in the fight has been affected.

Well, Trassk, what words did you use for Alliance players? Prissy? Whining?

Hmm...

By destroy I meant ruined it, only a small part of it was left that could sustain life, not enough to sustain the Orc as a race. The reason Doomhammer was trying to claim Azeroth, his Orcs couldn't go back to Draenor, not after what their Warlock's magics had wrought.

5 Orcish Warchiefs? You sure?

Blackhand
    DoomHammer
    Hellscream
    ???
    ???

He was raised as a Human, he wasn't even nursed by an Orc regularly, he had a human wet nurse. He was taught Human tactics and values. He learned his Orc heritage second hand from Grom Hellscream.

Orcs committed Genocide against the Draenei, tricked to do so, but not because the Draenei had threated to wipe out the Orcs.
    The First and Second War Orcs committed Genocide against the inhabitants of Azeroth, so they could claim it as their own.
    Hellscream's New war was because they again wanted to Claim the World as their own, because they felt the Horde deserved it more than the other races.
    Draenor wasn't destroyed until Ner'zhul opened portals to allow Orcs to flee from the advancing Alliance Expedition. It was still fully habitable until the mass portals tore it asunder.

Blackhand
    Ner'zhul
    Doomhammer
    Thrall
    Garrosh

Orcs were deceived into killing the Draenei, then misled by a single Orc who defected to the Legion for power into drinking the Blood. Under the effects of the blood, the Orcs were led through the Dark Portal to conquer a land that the Legion wanted (a land they were attracted to about 10,000 years prior to these events). This was not done under the Orcs own volition, but the effects of the blood which caused them to be hyper-violent and bloodthirsty. Garrosh never initiated a new war, the war has been ongoing, his main goal was to destroy all those who oppose him. If his goal was to claim Azeroth solely for the Orcs, why did he not slay all the Tauren, Trolls, Goblins and Undead inside Orgrimmar? He was nothing more than a wartime leader in a time of war.

Quote Originally Posted by High Priestess Ishanah View Post
    .. A non Orc to govern them?

Lets tick off their former leaders-

Warchief Blackhand. Corrupt warmonger, a puppet of an even bigger monster, Gul'dan

Warchief Doomhammer, admitedly badass, who while not corrupt, still rampaged through an alien world with his demonic powered army and butchered thousands, if not more

Warchief Thrall, raised by humans, under whom the horde actually proved itself more than it's detractors were willing to give it

.. Warchief Garrosh, a trueblooded Orc, and also a monster who tried to finish what the others started, but without the demon influence. managed to do this with near full support of the Orcish people.

Warchief Vol'jin, a TROLL, chosen by the human raised orc

are they trying to tell us something? Do the Orcs NEED a ruler who isn't an -Orc- to avoid going evil?

i honestly dont like it.
    Don't worry, next we'll be seeing moira lead the alliance. Yeah, you heard it here first people, get your tinfoil hats ready.

Or maybe they'll go TRUE hardcore, and we'll see mekkatorque. Varian wrynn will die by that gnomes hands, and we'll get to see how potent wow's story is without orcs vs humans.

Spoilers.

Orcs were deceived into killing the Draenei, then misled by a single Orc who defected to the Legion for power into drinking the Blood. Under the effects of the blood, the Orcs were led through the Dark Portal to conquer a land that the Legion wanted (a land they were attracted to about 10,000 years prior to these events). This was not done under the Orcs own volition, but the effects of the blood which caused them to be hyper-violent and bloodthirsty. Garrosh never initiated a new war, the war has been ongoing, his main goal was to destroy all those who oppose him. If his goal was to claim Azeroth solely for the Orcs, why did he not slay all the Tauren, Trolls, Goblins and Undead inside Orgrimmar? He was nothing more than a wartime leader in a time of war.[/QUOTE]

Clearly you don’t know what your talking about. You notice how Hellfire is dead? That’s what the majority of the planet was like until it blew up. Doomhammer clearly states he is out to claim Azeroth for his Race because Draenor can no longer support his race because the Warlocks magic.

The warlock magics wielded by the orcs turned Draenor into a dusty wasteland.
    Ner’Zhul also wanted to escape a dying planet, hence one of the reasons he opened all those portals. Draenor was a dying world by the time of its fragmentation. Its mentioned in the Shattering, that’s the reason why Thrall goes back to Nagrand, to learn how to keep the same thing from happening to Azeroth.
    Did you miss the part of the Cinematic where he claims the Trolls, and the like are no long apart of his Horde? And yes he initiated a new war, after The Lich King died, there was a peace accord between the Alliance and the Horde, its mentioned in the Shattering.

Again the Orcs made their choice, and it was poor. Stop defending what amounts to a drunken mistake,
    "To pretend it [the demonic corruption] did not exist is to forget how dreadful the impact was. To make ourselves into victims, rather than claiming our participation in our own destruction. We chose this path, we orcs. We chose it right up until it was too late to turn back. And having made that choice, we can, with the knowledge that we have of the end of that dark and shameful road, choose not to take it."

10+ Year Old Account

Again the Orcs made their choice, and it was poor. Stop defending what amounts to a drunken mistake,
    "To pretend it [the demonic corruption] did not exist is to forget how dreadful the impact was. To make ourselves into victims, rather than claiming our participation in our own destruction. We chose this path, we orcs. We chose it right up until it was too late to turn back. And having made that choice, we can, with the knowledge that we have of the end of that dark and shameful road, choose not to take it."
    just because saurfang is making that statement, which has truth to all he says, it doesn't mean the orcs back then knew what kind of evil they were being tempted by, or that it was some damming it would damage there society, and lead to the destruction of there world.
    you can argue the same ignorance with any race that dabbles in dark powers beyond there limits, its the same as saying how night elves under azshara nearly brought the lord of the legion to azeroth.. yet that same order of night elves is now back in the alliance? So its ok to trust them, but not any orc because of what happened a generation ago?
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    just because saurfang is making that statement, which has truth to all he says, it doesn't mean the orcs back then knew what kind of evil they were being tempted by, or that it was some damming it would damage there society, and lead to the destruction of there world.
    you can argue the same ignorance with any race that dabbles in dark powers beyond there limits, its the same as saying how night elves under azshara nearly brought the lord of the legion to azeroth.. yet that same order of night elves is now back in the alliance? So its ok to trust them, but not any orc because of what happened a generation ago?
    10,000 years ago for the Highborn vs what? a couple of generations for the Orcs? You can for damn sure give the highborn a second chance, the Orcs under Garrosh started sliding backwards into genocide and mass-murder within two generations or so of their "new beginning".

Two totally different situations.

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    10,000 years ago for the Highborn vs what? a couple of generations for the Orcs? You can for damn sure give the highborn a second chance, the Orcs under Garrosh started sliding backwards into genocide and mass-murder within two generations or so of their "new beginning".

Two totally different situations.
    Except most of the Highborne accepted back are the same ones who were alive 10,000 years ago. Orcs don't have the benefit of immortality and new generations have taken over.

Honestly the only person I can see leading the orcs is Thrall. While he may not lead the horde directly his role of advisor will allow him to steer the horde through the rocky path that has been left in the wake of Garrosh's defeat. What does concern me though is how the alliance will steer itself as this conflict closes. While many in the horde are ready for peace, there are still some parties that are not exactly ready or willing to throw out the white flag of truce just yet. I would imagine with the next expansion we will see those same forces attempting to throw a coup now that they know they can eliminate one horde warchief, why not another.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except most of the Highborne accepted back are the same ones who were alive 10,000 years ago. Orcs don't have the benefit of immortality and new generations have taken over.
    yeah. many of the orcs now are part of a new generation, so only have stories to live off of. and when your born into slavery and grown up in slave camps, and get told stories of orcs who torn though battle fields and killed hundreds of humans at a time, that is the only thing that may have kept many orcs going, the thought that oen day they will get to slaughter there slave masters for what they did.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by baldcore View Post
    Honestly the only person I can see leading the orcs is Thrall. While he may not lead the horde directly his role of advisor will allow him to steer the horde through the rocky path that has been left in the wake of Garrosh's defeat. What does concern me though is how the alliance will steer itself as this conflict closes. While many in the horde are ready for peace, there are still some parties that are not exactly ready or willing to throw out the white flag of truce just yet. I would imagine with the next expansion we will see those same forces attempting to throw a coup now that they know they can eliminate one horde warchief, why not another.
    The problem with that is the Horde has been ready for peace numerous times, only for it to be quashed by rogue Alliance bands or outside forces. Daelin Proudmoore springs to mind. There will never be a successful peace summit until Blizzard decides to unite the factions in a future expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by High Priestess Ishanah View Post
    .. A non Orc to govern them?

Lets tick off their former leaders-

Warchief Blackhand. Corrupt warmonger, a puppet of an even bigger monster, Gul'dan

Warchief Doomhammer, admitedly badass, who while not corrupt, still rampaged through an alien world with his demonic powered army and butchered thousands, if not more

Warchief Thrall, raised by humans, under whom the horde actually proved itself more than it's detractors were willing to give it

.. Warchief Garrosh, a trueblooded Orc, and also a monster who tried to finish what the others started, but without the demon influence. managed to do this with near full support of the Orcish people.

Warchief Vol'jin, a TROLL, chosen by the human raised orc

are they trying to tell us something? Do the Orcs NEED a ruler who isn't an -Orc- to avoid going evil?

i honestly dont like it.
    You missed Ner'zhul but that's okay.

Why do Horde fanbois continually confuse slavery and slave camps with INTERNMENT camps?

Internment is not the same as slavery. They were kept prisoner, not used as slave labor.

Honestly, it was a damn sight better than what they gave to the natives when they came howling out of the portals. Orcs had no camps for prisoners, becausere there weren't prisoners to take.

Just mountains of corpses.

Compared to that, internment is getting off light.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with that is the Horde has been ready for peace numerous times, only for it to be quashed by rogue Alliance bands or outside forces. Daelin Proudmoore springs to mind. There will never be a successful peace summit until Blizzard decides to unite the factions in a future expansion.
    yeah. although garrosh was the ultimate extreme in terms of breaking peace, the alliance is always as much to blame for ruining peace or chance of it, well claiming pride and a right to do it.
    Whats the better Jainas going to do the same soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Why do Horde fanbois continually confuse slavery and slave camps with INTERNMENT camps?

Internment is not the same as slavery. They were kept prisoner, not used as slave labor.

Honestly, it was a damn sight better than what they gave to the natives when they came howling out of the portals. Orcs had no camps for prisoners, becausere there weren't prisoners to take.

Just mountains of corpses.

Compared to that, internment is getting off light.
    shows how little you know. If you read lord of the clans, and cycle of hatred, you'd know that these orcs were infact sold off as slaves to the alliance, infact one orc accounting how he was sold as a slave to human masters and treated as scum worse then an animal.

If you want to make such bold statements, try and back them up.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    yeah. although garrosh was the ultimate extreme in terms of breaking peace, the alliance is always as much to blame for ruining peace or chance of it, well claiming pride and a right to do it.
    Whats the better Jainas going to do the same soon.

- - - Updated - - -

shows how little you know. If you read lord of the clans, and cycle of hatred, you'd know that these orcs were infact sold off as slaves to the alliance, infact one orc accounting how he was sold as a slave to human masters and treated as scum worse then an animal.

If you want to make such bold statements, try and back them up.
    You're one of those people that believe the plural form of anecdotes is data, right?

But, I'll take the fanboi bait, and still return with: wide-scale internment and incidents of individual slavery are still far more lenient than wide-scale genocide and butchery.