Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Chaud, Do you guys ever consider removing unpopular sub forums ? If they ever get to that point ??

Quote Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
    Okay, but is it trying to insinuate that one class became more fun to play than another class during MoP? These charts are pretty much live bait for whiners complaining about their underrepresented class when it really is just numbers for the sake of numbers.
    Then you have GCs responses towards players asking for class revamps that warlocks got and pointing towards the problem of losing players from these changes with a somewhat negative tone like it was a big enough issue. What we dont see from this data is the accounts and if players jumped from one main to another or just did not level an alt. Personally I think warlocks are far harder to play then they ever have been before along with new mindsets of how to play each spec. I do very well with demo, although I still preferred the Cata version and I hate the MoP Affliction.

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    Then you have GCs responses towards players asking for class revamps that warlocks got and pointing towards the problem of losing players from these changes with a somewhat negative tone like it was a big enough issue. What we dont see from this data is the accounts and if players jumped from one main to another or just did not level an alt. Personally I think warlocks are far harder to play then they ever have been before along with new mindsets of how to play each spec. I do very well with demo, although I still preferred the Cata version and I hate the MoP Affliction.
    Moving forward I'm going to try and maintain the DB scanners always instead of taking a break between expansions, which will allow us to have a history of class representation numbers.

Once I have the DB filled out completely, we can do fun things like looking at what classes people have on their account, along with which are alts (making the assumption that the highest ilvl character is their main).

Quote Originally Posted by Arbsbear View Post
    Chaud, Do you guys ever consider removing unpopular sub forums ? If they ever get to that point ??
    None are on the chopping block today. We will see how things go in the future.
    Last edited by chaud; 2013-09-16 at 12:12 AM.

Mages are the second least represented class and the one that took the biggest hit between 85 and 90... With our rollercoaster design, I am not surprised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chart doesn't have monks.

That's where all the missing DK and Rogues went.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrulerxxx View Post
    where is the monk stats?
    Were there monks in Cataclsym or any other expansion before Mists? That's why there's no monk stats.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Moving forward I'm going to try and maintain the DB scanners always instead of taking a break between expansions, which will allow us to have a history of class representation numbers.

Once I have the DB filled out completely, we can do fun things like looking at what classes people have on their account, along with which are alts (making the assumption that the highest ilvl character is their main).
    That... that would be amazing. Like Dewote said, if we could get these numbers between patches, we would have a much better representation of what is going on in the class distribution.

I think people also want to see some kind of graph showing monks. This might give some sort of reasoning as to why rogues and mages are the lowest population. Like if we could have all the monks who leveled to 90 next to the classes who leveled from 85 to 90 (this assumes that the players that didn't level from 85 to 90 started up a new monk) alongside a comparison of players still at 85. Of course you can't get the full scope of this since many people quit sometime during Cataclysm and will not have active armories, but it will account for people who haven't leveled their alts yet. Also having this information now will yield the information we seek come next expansion (or patch, rather).

Stood in the Fire themightysven's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    not surprised rogue is lowest here
    some left for monks
    some left because of horrible melee mechanics
    I almost left due to every scripted quest fight ignoring stealth (i.e. the biggest source of damage)
    The big question, are they going to re-do Rogues, or Hunters, these are the two where all specs are the same, but hunters have way more players, and so market draw

Yes looking at my own stable of 85s, 1/4 seems about right. I just don't have the incentive to get them all to cap, I don't know why. The recent XP nerf does help though.

Rogue the lowest? Sounds about right. With some of the more difficult rotations, less pleasing DPS, only pure melee DPS class and better options available in the form of Druid or Monk.

10+ Year Old Account
    You could also stop embedding your vids with Flash.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    "will we ever get an option to turn down other players spell effects seperate from ours?
    Many spell effects in 5.3 and more in 5.4 look different for you than others. If that's not sufficient, we'll explore more. (Source)"

Any chance we can choose color of our spells and effects? or is it asking too much?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Holy crap, Mages took a nose dive from Cata to MoP.

2nd lowest just after Rogues at lvl cap.

- - - Updated - - -

Also looking at the preview pictures. Ya, retexturing the models is just a 5 hour job ...

I had all 10 classes to 85 in cataclysm in mop only 5 made it to 90 for the achievement dk priest war pally and shammy...

Deleted
    The next exp. will be a bigger failure... No new class or race. All expansions had got one of these at least... To get back lost players.
    They have been killing their game since wotlk.
    After 5.1 I just watch wow streamers, and I see everything in that game, and I can spend my money to my PC.

Excellent choice with merging a couple of topics into one forum. It was really needed.

Quote Originally Posted by dhru View Post
    No new class or race
    Got a definite source for this?

Quote Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
    Bookmarked for future reference since this message will likely not get across to the majority.
    I'll believe it when I see it. I simply think that anybody who believes such a major restructure of the game will go off without a hitch and relatively change nothing is incredibly naive. Of course Blizzard are going to say it won't be a problem, because they want the stat squish no matter what, and it'll be pushed through for 'the greater good' even if they break a lot of high level soloing in the process. Then we'll get a lot of apologies and hand-wringing, followed by a couple of years of abilities in old raids being tweaked to try and clean up the mess.

One day ... maybe one day, GC will aknowledge that no, rogues are not "fine".
    Having well working mechanics and balanced skills does not necessarly mean fun to play, and those graphs are a good proof. Rogue has been the least changing class since 2006, it's been said year after year. It's impossible to keep being entertained with the class for longer than a few monthes. Long time vets said it, newcomers (less than 2 xPac) said it. But still, Bli² are still patting themselves on the back.
    Last edited by Kourvith; 2013-09-16 at 10:40 AM.

Interesting how hunter class is the highest. I thought it would be mages or warlocks.

Finally a Lore forum.

THANK YOU