Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    personally love flex, hate LFR.
    Check out my livestream and follow me on twitter.
    /
    I Livestream and do giveaways.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can only say the discrepancy between my own guildies and random pugs AND flex atm is more shocking than ever. We're just a casual raiding guild that gets a few HC kills if we do well per tier, but good god - I joined a pug for the first time in ages, literally months and months, on my alt to see if I could nab some lucky drops. I left after the first wipe on Immerseus.

Here's what happened: I was MT. The OT signaled he understood the tactics, was on the right position, and then promptly failed to use a single taunt, and I died to the next Blast. To autohit aggro. 3 DPS out of 6 died standing in the voidzones. No seriously, i'm not kidding. And then the rest of the group wiped as not a SINGLE bubble was healed or killed. This after explaining the tactics.

Skip to LFR, it's worse than ever now. Others said that 5.4 killed ToT LFR, and it's true. Apart from the fact that hardly anyone doing SoO needs ToT LFR gear, every single idiot can hop on the isle, get "free" 496 gear in a matter of minutes and hop into the ToT queue. I had a JIN-ROKH WIPE with me being one of 3 DPS in the entire raid over 100k, the majority were doing UNDER 50.

While I love that there is easy content for everyone to do, I seriously seriously now believe there is a major flaw with the leveling process these days, people obviously don't have a clue how to play when they may out. Personally I won't be visiting pugs or LFR again this expac, and if i'm ever forced to find 1 or 2 pugs i will certainly asked for PG gold achieves at the very least.

Flex is a way better stepping stone into raiding than LFR. At the start of MoP, even the heroic dungeons were more difficult than LFR if you did them at their intended gear level because no one could AFK through them. It goes from like, beginning end game that is Heroics, to not even needing to try and just AFK in LFR, to Flex. It is a very strange difficulty progression IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can completely control who you bring along in Flex mode runs. Someone is being an idiot? Out they go. Nothing is stopping you from starting up a flex group and setting some high entrance barrier.

In LFR, you can't avoid that.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    I've actualy had a few decent OQ groups this weekend, even one that one shot second and third boss, and did 4th with 3 wipes.
    I love flex, wont touch LFR again.

Well, isn't it simple? Don't carry idiots, brainless people and noobs, and flex will be all right.
    Though it is indeed painful to see the level of player degradation due to years of lfr afking "raid experience".

ITT; Posters "everyone else is dumb and is a baddie waaa except for me of course, I'm the God given gift to WOW!"

Basically..Everyone that has done Flex with friends thinks its awesome.

Everyone that has done Flex with pugs, hates it.

It will take some dedication and a few runs to make a "dedicated group" without being in a guild etc..Its how every new game/new mode works for years now ;D.

Find people that can keep up/Have a clue/Keep playing with them.

Seems people just need to re-learn how to make PUG raid groups. Remember the gear inspections before being invited to ICC PUGs? That's all you need to weed out the baddies, because I guarantee that the baddies will be running around in PvP and/or ungemmed and unenchanted gear.

i actually had fun in flex today. my lock hasnt raided much in mop.. ok almost never.. but i joined a pug at 510 and we killed all 4 bosses without much issue. 1 wipe on immersius, none on protectors, 2 on norushen boss was at 3% and enraged, and once on sha of pride lol. still, we managed to down all 4 and had a fun time doing it.

plus, cant you kick people outta flex? idk exactly but it seems like its a hit. 540 gear is much better as well, esp since 528 gear will be a joke.. and flex has heirlooms, which is gonna be amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I am thankful for LFR, I get to see content and I get to farm gear.
    I can't do 'normal' raids and even Flex due to my playing time (8am pst - 2pm pst).
    PM me weird stuff :3

flex to me is a development time put to waste.
    useless and it targets the very small groups of gamers.

10+ Year Old Account
    LFR is for pugging, the point of Flex was to allow Guilds with raid schedule/player experience issues to still be able to do the content as a team rather than forcing them to queue with a bunch of random turnip-heads.

If your an LFR raider and you are going into Flex by yourself - you are just going into a smaller LFR.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Now they just need to finalize the server "merge" thing with V. realm and then remove LFR and we might have a game again.

Flex is great. You just need to pick your group before joining and everything will be fine.

I did it on a couple of alts this weekend non of which over 520 ilvl. People used communication programs and explained tactics just like in the 10/25 man pugs in wrath, replacing people was extremely easy without the stupid raid IDs in wrath. The tuning is great for people that are playing off spec or alts. I really don't understand how anyone can complain about flex...

My only suggestion would be to put it on the same lockout as LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    I've actualy had a few decent OQ groups this weekend, even one that one shot second and third boss, and did 4th with 3 wipes.
    I love flex, wont touch LFR again.
    Same. The way I got it done was the first group had a lot of trouble with the first boss and then one-shot the second, breaking up afterwards. Then I just joined another group that was on the third boss and after a few attempts we beat it, and finished up Sha after a couple of more wipes. Flex being cross realm has been amazing so far, and I notice a lot of complaints in here are from people who are trying to do it with a limited selection of people from their home realm.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    You can completely control who you bring along in Flex mode runs. Someone is being an idiot? Out they go. Nothing is stopping you from starting up a flex group and setting some high entrance barrier.

In LFR, you can't avoid that.
    And then people complain how everyone is an elitist who won't let them stay in their Flex groups because they were bad, and it's totally unfair and Flex is a terrible feature and it's not their fault at all please fix Blizzard. It really is depressing to watch what the WoW community has degraded into.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ContentsMayVary View Post
    Seems people just need to re-learn how to make PUG raid groups. Remember the gear inspections before being invited to ICC PUGs? That's all you need to weed out the baddies, because I guarantee that the baddies will be running around in PvP and/or ungemmed and unenchanted gear.
    Sadly that is not the case, it's fairly standard now to see people in full 500++ PVE gear, sometimes even correctly optimized and gemmed, yet still brain-farting all over the place. Gear is just a bit too easy to get imo, and proves nothing, hasn't for years.

Btw on topic: Flex IS awesome with friends, we've thoroughly enjoyed it in our guild to take people that can't go normal and gear up, it's just the right difficulty for "real" casuals that aren't brain dead - they actually have to adhere to the mechanics unlike LFR, but it's not so punishing that they get frustrated. Everyone is loving it.

However, the state of LFR and the state I witnessed in a complete Flex pug frankly shocked me speechless. It pretty much reinforces what I always belittled, many bemoaning that the game has gotten too easy. That's not accurate of course, otherwise people wouldn't be failing in pugs, but getting the gear to enter has gotten decidedly too easy, that's for sure.

Honestly, flex is my new favourite thing. As a raid group comprised entirely of friends from different servers (we don't PUG, thanks to flex we don't have to) it's a blessing. We've got about 13 or so of us, with a few from America, and some from Australia, and that way when the Americans decide they should probably go to bed (seeing as it's around 2am in the morning for them) we can still keep giving it a go.

I mean, obviously it could be a bit retarded with PUGs because you never know what you're going to get, but that's sort of the whole point. If you've got a large group of PUGs, then there's really not that much difference between flex and LFR apart from the gear. People are going to be as retarded as they are in LFR, and unfortunately there's nothing you can do about it except try to screen out the morons before you add them to the group.

PM Requests are CLOSED | DevArt | TwitchTV | Zen Pigeons

Flex is basically the same thing as 10 man in WotLK. Good thing or bad thing you decide.