Deleted

Need help on adds Galakras

Hey people,
    i need some help on what to do on the adds on Galakras.

I always have some difficulties keeping dps high with adds but now im being like number 6 on dps/damage done in our 10 men (i.e. i suck).

What i tend to do with multiple adds (5 or more) is that i FOK, build combopoints and do a 3+ rupture on as much adds as possible. But im not getting over 130k-ish dps while others are like 50-60k above me.

So i tried rupturing but adds tend to die too fast for that. I tried fokking (after reading this back it sounds a bit strange...but u know what i mean...) only but that wasnt really better. I tried singedps. That was even worse...

My ilvl is 530 and im playing assasination.

Any tips?

How I do Galakras:

Waves without a commander/named mob: Spam FoK and keep Envenom up as much as you can.
    Waves with a commander: Rupture commander+Spam FoK with envenom up.

Does a 15% gain in poison application really outweigh the energy return of doing rupture and casting more FoKs? I'm not saying you're wrong, I just always assumed rupture was the way to go with AoE, and envenom only to refresh SND with 1-2 CP.

Pick up the sharpened knives glyph. It won't be a game changer but it will help.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zurm View Post
    Does a 15% gain in poison application really outweigh the energy return of doing rupture and casting more FoKs?
    No. Roll a couple of ruptures depending on your gear & skill level and then weave envenom buffs where you can. Tbh on Galakras rogues are only really preferred for our exceptional single target dps. Assassination is never really going to be ahead of any other classes in an aoe situation. If you really need the add damage and are getting stuck because of it, run with Combat.

Hello Sarnatt,
    An Assassination Rogue's AoE against four or more targets usually consists of Fan of Knives spam, applying Rupture to targets, and weaving in Envenoms when appropriate. To emphasize, I personally maintain a 2-3 combo point Rupture on two (sometimes three) targets, Fan of Knives spam, and then pushing forward with an Envenom. I personally Mutilate if a trinket proc is active to rush an Envenom.

On Galakras, I would advise applying a 2-3 combo point Rupture high priority targets (Mini-Bosses, Bonecrushers, Tidal Shamans, Proto-Drakes, Demolishers, etc.) spamming with an Envenom weaved where appropriate. However, I would only do this if there are 4+ targets. If there are only 2-3, just try to maintain Rupture on two (if these targets will live long enough) targets and perform your single target 'rotation.'

Alternatively, in addition to the suggested Sharpened Knives suggestion, you could opt in for Marked for Death.

I have a few questions about your raid, Sarnatt.

1. Are there logs somewhere I can look at to see what DPS comp you guys are using?

2. Why wouldn't the Rogue be one of the DPS to go up the towers? Burst of Speed is great on this fight for tower scaling AND dodging the mini-boss AoE effects on the top of the towers.

To speak of my own experience on the fight this week, my DPS comp made it logical for myself and our warlock to go up the towers while our Boomkin, DK, and Hunter blew up the packs down below. My job was to focus down the mini-boss on each tower first, clean up the adds that our warlock hadn't finished killing, then jump back down for regular adds OR run over to the other tower so we could get Galakras out.
    Carp - Illidan-US
    I wish I wish I was a fish.
    My rogue

Deleted
    Hey guys,
    thanks for the replys.
    I already try to keep rupture up on as much adds as possible and try to envenom a few times.
    Im not quite sure what u guys mean with weaving envenoms (English is not my native laguage).

@Carp: dont think we have a log somewhere. Yesterday we ran with 2 tanks ( druid and dk), 3 healers (druid, 2 pallies) and then a DK, elem shaman, 2 locks and me.
    We used the 2 dk's and the shaman and a healer to go up the towers.

We were struggling to get all adds down tbh. But that another problem
    Most of our group (except me) was above 150k dps.
    But i will take your tips into the raid tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by zurm View Post
    Does a 15% gain in poison application really outweigh the energy return of doing rupture and casting more FoKs? I'm not saying you're wrong, I just always assumed rupture was the way to go with AoE, and envenom only to refresh SND with 1-2 CP.
    I'll typically throw a 1-2 point rupture on the last mob to die so I get back up to full energy before the next wave, but yeah, I don't find the multi-rupture to outdamage the envenom+FoK spam. Then again, I'm full mastery, so obviously the 15% poison application is going to be a lot bigger for me. With 4-5 adds, 15% poison application ends up being quite a lot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by flimflop View Post
    No. Roll a couple of ruptures depending on your gear & skill level and then weave envenom buffs where you can. Tbh on Galakras rogues are only really preferred for our exceptional single target dps. Assassination is never really going to be ahead of any other classes in an aoe situation. If you really need the add damage and are getting stuck because of it, run with Combat.
    I still stand by the FoK+envenom for 4 or more adds. Part of my problem with the rupture swapping is that my group runs such heavy AoE (frost DKs gg) that the adds don't really live long enough for the ruptures to do much damage, and I can get my energy back with a 1 point rupture on a mob at 5%.