Poll: Would you level down to a zone? (Assume it is not forced on you when entering a zone)

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Leveling down to the zone, would you?

So, with other MMOs released recently, the ability to reduce your level to that of the zone has been becoming more and more popular. With the release of 5.4 and the proving grounds feature, we've seen that Blizzard is also capable of doing this. However, having the feature developed takes time, money, and resources that could be spent else where.

So for my own personal curiosity, (and in hopes that blizz will take notice of this), would you use the ability to level down to a zone?
    Assume that the feature is on demand and not required when you enter the zone.
    Also, if you would utilize this feature, what would you be doing with it? Quests? PVP? Achievements?
    How often do you think you would utilize it? Daily, weekly, or monthly?
    If you think this feature would have a negative impact on the game, or you just think the feature would be a bad feature, why do you think so?

I would love to hear what everyone has to think, I'm sure Blizzard would too, thanks for the info guys!

Since you posted this in general off-topic I assume you're talking about being able to walk back into highschool and be a teenager again. That would be pretty cool. I think Blizzard should implement it immediately.

I would love to be able to walk into a high school and downscale to level 18, but still keep all my gear.

Then I could punch a bunch of kids for being annoying.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

I wouldn't use it, half the fun is coming back to lower level zones and just blowing through the quest chains.

Quote Originally Posted by nekai View Post
    So for my own personal curiosity, (and in hopes that blizz will take notice of this), would you use the ability to level down to a zone?
    Assume that the feature is on demand and not required when you enter the zone.
    Also, if you would utilize this feature, what would you be doing with it? Quests? PVP? Achievements?
    How often do you think you would utilize it? Daily, weekly, or monthly?
    If you think this feature would have a negative impact on the game, or you just think the feature would be a bad feature, why do you think so?

I would love to hear what everyone has to think, I'm sure Blizzard would too, thanks for the info guys!
    I'll be honest. I really don't see much use for a feature like this. Most people who are helping their friends are doing it to help speed them up. By "deleveling" yourself you are just making things take more time. Personally I wouldn't use this, but I'm sure a small handful would. The only place I would even consider using it would be in Halaa and only to farm tokens. Certain areas like that should be flagged so it puts everyone on roughly same field so you can get tokens and such. They could even make it so it's like a sanctuary so you can't get him by a 90 outside and 1 shotted or something like that.

Well... considering it would fix at least 2 major problems with the game right now I would be all for it. The 2 things I am referring to are ganking and so called "world pvp". Leveling down means that players not at the level cap can actually try to fight back, while people who are downleveled still have huge advantages because they can fly/have set bonuses/have access to all of their spells so 1v1 they will still win easily but 2-3 other players have a chance at bringing them down.

Crap...I was not paying attention. I am an idiot, let me see if I can get this moved around here.

Sure I would like this if I were not obliged to do so like in GW2. Whenever I want I would just tick "level me down for current zone" and poof. But otherwise it would make farming old reps and stuff so much more time and resources consuming.
    S.H.

Quote Originally Posted by nekai View Post
    Crap...I was not paying attention. I am an idiot, let me see if I can get this moved around here.
    Too late now! It's been consumed by General OT.

Better off cutting this one loose and reposting.

edit:

NOOOOO! Give it back!!

Last edited by Tradewind; 2013-09-16 at 05:25 PM.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Here's what I think. Blizzard should do a thing where it's free to play up to level 60. (Essentially, vanilla-ish level). Or, pay 5 dollars a month to be able to level up to wrath of the lich king levels. Or 10 dollars a month for cataclysm level. But you have to pay 15 a month for mists content.

Kind of off topic, I know. But as far as leveling down to a zone/raid: I think it should be an option. Like heroic/non-heroic
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

I think that feature could be really interesting. They could definitely add some achieves based on whether you did certain content at appropriate level or not.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    I would love to be able to walk into a high school and downscale to level 18, but still keep all my gear.

Violence doesnt solve anything young padowan but you might indeed be able to keep your lunch money for once
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Man, where is that delete thread button? I cannot find it for the life of me.

Never mind, was moved, thank you!
    Last edited by Selah; 2013-09-16 at 05:16 PM.

Would quest/mob loot scale up to your level also? That's the important question.

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post

Likewise. Except I would use it to bang high school girls.

Anyway, as long as the feature was optional and could be toggled on or off at anytime, I would use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Would quest/mob loot scale up to your level also? That's the important question.
    Good question, I personally would love to see a post level cap, secondary progress system, something similar to the planar attunement system in Rift, or maybe a restricted version of the paragon system from Diablo 3, or maybe...I don't know...the path of the titans, something that was suppose to be in Wrath.

Automatic level down breaks immersion for me. I would rather see a mentoring or sidekicking system. Mentoring system you level down voluntarily to provide an xp boost to a group member. Sidekicking system you level your friend up to you to provide them an xp boost.

Either of those systems makes more sense from a role playing/immersion aspect.

I would use it if my friends were joining the game.

It's not fun to have a megahighlevel friend oneshot everything, and it's not fun to try to keep everyone at the exact same level.

To make it inter, they'd have to make those zones remotely challenging. Which they aren't, so.....

Obliterating low level creatures (and players) with single hits is fun for a while, but it always ends up eventually boring me. I think, overall, I have more fun when I battle creatures or players that at least have a small chance of hurting or killing me. There may be other players who feel the same.

I really like the way "down-scaling" works in Guild Wars 2 and would like to see WoW implement a similar model. I think it would really add some life to the game.