Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Deterence useful or not

Just downed Paragon of Klaxxi last night and was surprised that the "Aim" mechanic could not be deterenced by hunters in order to solo soak it. Not sure if its a bug or intended but our mages were able to Iceblock it AND use greater invis to totally counteract it, in addition our SPs were able to use Dispersion. Deterence makes no sense sometimes to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Windthorn View Post
    Just downed Paragon of Klaxxi last night and was surprised that the "Aim" mechanic could not be deterenced by hunters in order to solo soak it. Not sure if its a bug or intended but our mages were able to Iceblock it AND use greater invis to totally counteract it, in addition our SPs were able to use Dispersion. Deterence makes no sense sometimes to me.
    There is a very useful thread regarding your concerns made my tehstool http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...cks...It's the first sticky thread in the hunter section check it out.

Interesting thread, read it, pretty much knew most of it but was finding deterence not allowing me to dodge "Aim" contrary to what's said in the thread made by tehstool. This was 25 man normal.

Interesting thread, read it, pretty much knew most of it but was finding deterence not allowing me to dodge "Aim" contrary to what's said in the thread made by tehstool. This was 25 man normal.
    in 10 man im almost on the point to make it soloable by me, in 10 man is 1.4 mill damage with deter glyph + iaoth you may live, you need around 650k hp, a bubble on you would make it worth reducing, for normals wich i dont think we were having issues with it.

idk how much it does in 25 man, i know the glyph Works because i tried to solo on our attempts and got hit by 850k by it to then realize i was doing some pvp and didnt had the glyph, my rl told me it was not big deal if i couldnt soak it.

our monk was also able to solo it, rogué never got pick but im sure if he ever gets it he can evasión it. our warlock was also able to solo it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Perrito View Post
    idk how much it does in 25 man, i know the glyph Works because i tried to solo on our attempts and got hit by 850k by it to then realize i was doing some pvp and didnt had the glyph, my rl told me it was not big deal if i couldnt soak it.
    3.5 million damage on 25 man, so we can't solo soak it.

What annoyed me more was Feign Death not doing anything. Or better yet, all it does is make Hisek instantly finish his cast and shoot you right away.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    3.5 million damage on 25 man, so we can't solo soak it.

What annoyed me more was Feign Death not doing anything. Or better yet, all it does is make Hisek instantly finish his cast and shoot you right away.
    Indeed I just read that in the other thread, still don't get why greater invis work/iceblock works for mages to a point that our mages saying that greater invis was totally negating the ability so the boss wouldn't fire it off. Seems a tad unbalanced in how abilities work for some bosses. Deterence has been a useful tool in our kit but I really wish there was consistency in what it works on and doesn't and some balance also. Locks/mages and SPs were able to solo soak it fine.

you can solo soak it with deter glyphed, it took me down to about 7% when I did it but it still happened.

10 man this was ofc, doubt it's possible in 25.

Would camo work or maybe a smokebomb?

I have no idea, someone wanna try it?

Deleted
    Well i will try whe we got to these this week
    For 10 man camo with dett maybe can keep you alive coz even if he hits true camo you have his 10% damage reduce passive
    Last edited by mmoc2b5ad7a33a; 2013-09-18 at 07:48 AM.

Has anyone tried camo? Not for the 10% less damage glyph, but to test if the "not attackable by ranged" works.

10+ Year Old Account
    The deterrence change really pissed me off. Not only is the spell, in my opinion, worse but now it's harder for me to cancel it early. Before the patch, I had a macro that would cast deterrence and then if I hit it again it would cancel deterrence, allowing me to have it last as long as I want. Now after the patch, the same macro doesn't work properly. The macro casts deterrence and if I hit it again it casts the second charge instead of cancelling it. The only way that I can think of to have it act how it did before the patch is if I made a second macro just to /cancelaura Deterrence. This is really annoying.

I agree with Desh. My macro isn't working either does anyone have a one button macro that will work? I love the double deter. but I usually don't need the full duration. I think if we can't easily cancel it without triggering the next charge atleast allow us to attack while up. So we can use it's full duration.

Probably the easiest way to keep it one button is to add a [shift] or [ctrl] modifier for the cancelaura part. So you'd press the keybind to cast deterrence, then shift/ctrl+keybind to cancel it.

Deleted
    I've had the cancelaura deterrence-part in my arcane shot for the longest time, making it easy to cancel when you want to start DPS'n again - haven't had any problems with it during this patch.

I just have and have had since as far as I can remember a /stopcasting - deterence macro and a /cancel aura macro, always have, a lot safer for the sake of one keybind.

Quote Originally Posted by Desh View Post
    The deterrence change really pissed me off. Not only is the spell, in my opinion, worse but now it's harder for me to cancel it early. Before the patch, I had a macro that would cast deterrence and then if I hit it again it would cancel deterrence, allowing me to have it last as long as I want. Now after the patch, the same macro doesn't work properly. The macro casts deterrence and if I hit it again it casts the second charge instead of cancelling it. The only way that I can think of to have it act how it did before the patch is if I made a second macro just to /cancelaura Deterrence. This is really annoying.
    /cancelaura Deterrence
    /castsequence reset=5 Deterrence, null

It's not perfect, but it should be close to what you want.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

I apologize for that, I was going by what the community was saying since I'm not playing this tier. If I had known otherwise, I wouldn't have put it on the official post.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

10+ Year Old Account
    I may switch /cancelaura Deterrence in with my Arcane Shot but for now I have it macro'd with my Kill Shot. So I just hit that when I want to cancel the effect early.

I DO however GREATLY dislike the [crouching chimera] 2min cooldown after using the two charges. Personally, I got used to having deterrence on a short cooldown and used them wisely in every fight, so nearly every time it was needed I am the class selected for it's utility. I would have been able to say, soak more crawler mines on Iron Juggernaut before the Deterrence change. Now I can soak one the first round, one the second, then none for what feels like a REALLY long time.

Guess I just got used to being THE Utility class for my raid group.

I have to say, having the /cancelaura Deterrence in my Kill Shot isn't working for me. It still casts the second charge of Deterrence for some reason.